• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving on Wed. and having 2nd thoughts...

npall

Mouseketeer
I am an Orlando resident and booked 3 nights at HRH for my 2nd wedding anniversary. We are leaving our 14 month old son for the first time. Everyone I talk to can't believe I paid so much money just to stay at a local hotel. My husband and I love roller coasters and have been to IOA before but never with FOTL access.
The other thing is the park tickets which are alot of money and there are currently no cheap deals for FL residents ( not a AAA member.)

Should I cancel my reservation and just go to the parks or maybe do something completely different?

BTW: There were no more Entertainment rates left so I booked through HHN and got a rate of $149.

Don't let other people tell you how to (or not) spend your money. If you buy your tickets with Discover card you pay for 2 days and get the 3rd free. Otherwise I suggest find a friend who is an AAA member buy you tickets (I think it's 85 for 3 days). BTW Portofinio has some good promotional rates.
How you want to spend your anniversary (cruise, trip to Mexico, expensive retaraunt.... or HRH) is a decision for you and your husband to make, DON'T LET OTHERS BUD IN.

By staying at the HRH you and your hubby will be able to enjoy the parks at such a leisurely pace. YOu don't have to beat the crowds anywhere because you will walk right on all the attractions. Go, relax, and enjoy your anniversary. If this is what you enjoy, JUST DO IT!

I think the stress of leaving my son for the first time and everyone around me and their comments finally got to me. I read these boards everyday and am so looking forward to staying there.

Last theme park we went to was Cedar Pointe in Ohio and I did not know I was already a month pregnant. The Magnum with the 205 ft drop didn't even make me sick!

Thanks Again,
Naomi

We also live in the Orlando area and spent two nights at the HRH back in June. Even living 30 minutes away, it was still well worth it. They have a great swimming pool and some good restaurants. If you don't mind the walk there are also some really nice restaurants over at the PBH.

The part about leaving your 14 month old son for the first time is going to be rough...I remember the first time we left our youngest son (I think for a concert) and it wasn't easy, even though we left him with his grandparents who we trusted. If he will still be close enough, maybe you could bring your son with you for just 1 of the 3 days you are going to be there? I'm sure he would enjoy it and since he gets into the parks for free, a quick visit to Seuss Landing, a visit with Barney and a quick dip in the pool would probably be a nice treat for him. That evening you could drop him at Camp Lil' Rock and go have a couple drinks somewhere.

I was thinking just that ( about bringing my son for one day while we are there) What is camp lil rock and do they take children that small?

I am leaving him with his grandparents and I know he is in great hands but it's still rough. I keep going back and forth whether to take him or not!

Actually, the more I think about it I think kids have to be 'potty trained' for Camp Lil Rock so that probably wouldn't work for you.

I still think the best thing would be to bring him for one day.

Yes, it'll be hard seperating from your 14 mth old but your husband and you will have a wonderful time. You'll feel so energized by your time alone. My dh and I spent 4 days alone at the Portofino and it was fab!!

GO FOR IT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter