Legoland worth staying over or just driving to from main hotel

akadada

Doin' It All for My Baby.
Thinking of doing one full day at Legoland but main stay in Orlando (Universal)

Is it worth staying overnight at Legoland and doing 1 - 1.5 days there and using their hotel or is it better to just stay at our main hotel plans at Universal and do a day trip? Not concerned about hotel price difference, more thinking convenience and trying to figure out if we need more than a full day there?

All tips appreciated. Thanks!

We did 2 nights at the Legoland hotel before moving to Universal. We have DD6 and DS8. I found myself wishing we had one more night at Legoland. The kids love the theming of the hotel and had a fun time there.

We spent a full day in Legoland and still had a few rides we never made it to. We did pop over to Pegga Pig land for about 2 hours so DD6 could meet Peppa and they did every ride there. We opened the park and it was pretty much empty. The rest of that day we spent at the water park. We were there in July so we would have skipped this if it wasn’t so hot. The kids had a blast in there water play around while Dh and I got to relax at the edge for a few hours.

The second day we opened Legoland and stayed almost until 4. We still had some rides to try but it was so hot and we were tired so we gave up.

I will say the drive from Universal to Legoland seemed like it took forever even though it was just over an hour. I would definitely stay over a night if you can.

We did 2 nights at the Legoland hotel before moving to Universal. We have DD6 and DS8. I found myself wishing we had one more night at Legoland. The kids love the theming of the hotel and had a fun time there.
Thank you.

My kids are tween/teens and we're going into the winter. Do you think we'd still want/need to do as much?

Thank you.

My kids are tween/teens and we're going into the winter. Do you think we'd still want/need to do as much?

You could do it all in one day. You would be skipping the kiddie rides and don’t have the heat slowing you down. We enjoy the theming of the Lego hotel and the convenience of walking right out the door of the Lego hotel right into the park. But if you don’t mind the drive it’s not really necessary.

We really enjoyed our time there. I would love to squeeze in another trip there before the kids get much older but we don’t have any plans to return any time soon. Too much many other places to go.DS actually mentioned tonight at dinner that he would like to go back. He did request that we skip Peppa Pig land though😂

If your kids are really into Legos, I would recommend doing at least one night in the hotel. We drove down to Legoland once. After we finished at the park we walked over to the hotel just to walk thru it. The theming is really fun! We don't have kids, but I still want to stay there sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter