Legos - Adults

My children loved Legos, I loved buying Lego sets for them, they had so many. My son only stopped building Legos a couple years ago. I wish he would start again, lol, so many cool new sets. I love minifigures especially. Always a challenge to feel the blind bags for the characters!
No need for him to start again, you just get them for yourself and have fun!

I love legos! I do have kids that build them with me some, we are obsessed with Minecraft lego sets and I spent quite a lot of money buying out of production lego sets from resellers over the last couple years. We tried puzzles during the Covid lockdown because everyone was doing them and we discovered we are not puzzle people, then we tried legos and we are definitely Lego people. Even though I have kids that build with me I will build lego kits even after they both move out.

Wow I wasn't expecting this many people to chime in that they love legos as adults when I started the thread. This is awesome! IDK I have a bunch of friends that think it's silly and childish. But you know what? I'd rather spend my free time doing legos then sitting around a bar drinking.

Another thing we do is since the sets are expensive is limit how much time we work on them. Usually only 15 mins here and there. The haunted mansion took me a week to complete doing it that way as a couple nights I didn't work on it. If I sat down and just built it, it would have been done in an hour and that was a relatively cheap set at $40. When I did the large Disney castle I think it took me 3 months since I limited my time.

Yeeeeeah, we have thousands of dollars of legos built by adults in this house… and hundreds built by kids.

We have all the Christmas sets (barely have room down the middle of our huge dining room table… have to put some on the sideboard now), all the expert modular building sets, all the Disney sets (the expert creator ones, not the Friends ones although I do have some of those too), all the big technic cars (husband) and space sets (husband) and speed sets (son) and don’t get me started on all the ”deconstructed” city sets that got this all started lo these many years ago when I was looking for something to give my husband as a birthday gift. So.Many.Legos.

We have most of them in the IKEA 5x5 cube and 4x4 cube shelves that line the walls of our finished basement. The modular buildings are on top. The huge Disney Castle, Mickey & Minnie are on our upright piano and one boy’s non-lego COBI BRICKS WWII Aircraft carrier is on the grand piano.
So yes, we have legos and at this point the majority have been built by the adults in the house!

Wow I wasn't expecting this many people to chime in that they love legos as adults when I started the thread. This is awesome! IDK I have a bunch of friends that think it's silly and childish. But you know what? I'd rather spend my free time doing legos then sitting around a bar drinking.

Another thing we do is since the sets are expensive is limit how much time we work on them. Usually only 15 mins here and there. The haunted mansion took me a week to complete doing it that way as a couple nights I didn't work on it. If I sat down and just built it, it would have been done in an hour and that was a relatively cheap set at $40. When I did the large Disney castle I think it took me 3 months since I limited my time.
We do the same! We’ve been working on a creator expert set for a very long time now lol. We have another ready to go when we are done. Think the one we have on the go is the bookstore combine with another building….

In going back through my Facebook posts, it seems as though my longest build was the large Disney Castle, it took me 12 hours and 45 mins to complete between Dec 27, 2016 and Jan 2, 2017!

Some of you probably already have seen these by now, they've been out awhile.

Lego's released special 100 celebration stuff, including blind bag characters, the house from UP, a Disney train with various characters, and more.

I only got some of the blind bag characters. I am not ashamed to admit I felt those bags up to find what I wanted, especially The Evil Queen. Tempted to get that UP house!

LEGO-Disney-100-Anniversary-Celebration-Sets-TBB-Cover-KJHHN.jpg

LEGO-Disney-Disney-Celebration-Train-43212-New.jpg

Two-New-Disney-100-Sets-Revealed-May23.jpg

LEGO-Disney-100-Peter-Pan-Wendys-Flight-over-London-43232.jpg

They also re-released/remade the big castle. It's painted more to match the current version -- pink-ish -- and the minifigs it comes with are completely different than the last run.

Some of you probably already have seen these by now, they've been out awhile.

Lego's released special 100 celebration stuff, including blind bag characters, the house from UP, a Disney train with various characters, and more.

I only got some of the blind bag characters. I am not ashamed to admit I felt those bags up to find what I wanted, especially The Evil Queen. Tempted to get that UP house!

LEGO-Disney-100-Anniversary-Celebration-Sets-TBB-Cover-KJHHN.jpg

LEGO-Disney-Disney-Celebration-Train-43212-New.jpg

Two-New-Disney-100-Sets-Revealed-May23.jpg

LEGO-Disney-100-Peter-Pan-Wendys-Flight-over-London-43232.jpg

Got it, got it, got it, got it, Pre ordered it.

Those 100 minifigures are hard to find, my daughter and I finally found them and she spent so much time feeling the bags, lol but they were tricky! We ended up so lucky and got, Sorceror Mickey, Pinocchio (my fave), Aurora, Pocahontas and Baymax! We are still looking for Oswald! Oh, and I need that UP house!

Beauty and the Beast’s release date?

It looks like most of the releases of Beauty and the Beast worldwide happened in 1992. It was released toward the end of 1991 in the U.S. but was much later in other parts of the world. It looks like Denmark's (Lego HQ) release was 1992 so I'm guessing that is where the discrepancy comes from.

It looks like most of the releases of Beauty and the Beast worldwide happened in 1992. It was released toward the end of 1991 in the U.S. but was much later in other parts of the world. It looks like Denmark's (Lego HQ) release was 1992 so I'm guessing that is where the discrepancy comes from.
That makes a bit of sense. I was wondering how something like this would happen. You would think that Disney would have to approve the design of the box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter