Let’s help new pin traders avoid the cheap pins

I appreciate all of the help on the pins, but have an honest question. What does it really matter if a person trades propin or sedesma or "official" Disney trading pins? I've got a friend who bought all official Disney pins for her daughter to trade. She came home with propin, Sedesma, and Disneyland Paris pins. She's also got pins that just have Disney with the c without pin trading on them. So, do you suppose that for kids that they trade "down" as much as other people trade "up"? I know that the serious collectors want to just get the official pins, but there are many, many people out there that just collect a certain pin and don't care who makes it. So, if it's all for fun, does it matter if the brand is pro pin or Sedesma?

I wanna buy some pins so bad!!! Im going to start collecting soon but I want to pick a theme, DID disney ever do a movie with a monkey?

Just joining this thread. When I first got my kids into trading, I admit that I went on eBay and bought a lot of the cheapos. I am so sorry! I did not know any better. I had research a bit and I knew about no Sedsema, but that was it. I didn't do enough research. My bad.

Fortunately, I found out relatively soon into the process, so we didn't do too much damage, and I didn't have the kids trade the rest of the cheap ones. Now we only trade good pins.

flying_babyb said:
I wanna buy some pins so bad!!! Im going to start collecting soon but I want to pick a theme, DID disney ever do a movie with a monkey?

Sure, it's called Tarzan :rotfl2: Well, Terk (Turk?) may actually be a gorilla, but he's young and cute.

ok... so i just started pin collecting and have already gotten some sedesma pins off ebay (it's okay, i really wanted the set). but what about these... 300058376295

can the pins with states on them such as the ones on yahoo actuions be traded?

I'd have to see them to say for certain. But there were state pins several years back that are fine. Tough to say for certain though without seeing the pins.

i have 2 of the Epcot Flower & Garden festival pins from 2006.
(the one with minnie and mickey)
its LE of 1500 and DVC exclusive.

is it really as valuable as it seems??
or just hype? :confused3

Sorry, I don't have a chance to read through this entire post so I am subscribing.
How can you tell a pin is authentic???
I would hate to trade a CM with a real pin for a fake pin!
Thanks

Hello, all! I'm fairly new to this pin trading thing. I picked up a bunch of pins just to collect on my last trip to WDW about 3 years ago (I know - it's been waaay too long!). I stuck them in some albums and look at them periodically. Once in awhile I'll run across one from Disney Shopping that I like, and I'll order it. Recently a friend returned from WDW and told me of her adventures in pin trading, and it rekindled the interest! I just went crazy on Ebay purchasing pins and have been reading up on the rules of trading, thanks to folks like you and these threads. All of the pins I've gotten so far are keepers, so I want to get some to trade. I discovered this one website - pinfinder. They sell in bulk, and it seems to be quality stuff (I haven't ordered from them yet, so I can't say for sure). But the reason I even found your forum was that pinfinder says the lots don't include Propins, Sedesma or EuroDisney pins (and I had to look up what that even meant!). I'm sure some of you more experienced people have checked them out -anyone out there deal with them before? Is it worth it? I'm planning to go to WDW next year, and usually when I get into something like this, it's hold your breath, plug your nose and jump in! I want to trade a lot!! Are these good bundles for bulk-buying? Thanks in advance!
Lori :banana:

so ... has anyone purchased from pinfinders?? They do seem to have the best prices: 50 pins for $125 including shipping! Only $2.50 per pin. But I would like to hear at least one positive review before I purchase from them!

Anyone??? Thanks!

what is propins and sedesma? can someone please let me know i have just begun getting interested in the pin trading i bought a starter kit from the laughing place and have been looking up on ebay different pins. thanks so much.

Anyone ever buy from pinscheap on ebay? Thought of getting DS2.5 some for our Feb trip...not necessarily to trade but would like tradeable pins just in case.

Thanks.

I have a 100 Years of Magic Passholder pin with motion. It is dated October 2001. But I can't find it on the Disney Pin site, my question is how rare is it I want to make sure I can trade it and not get taken.:wizard:

Only
32 days 17 hours 27 mins
Till Disney Vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter