Let’s help new pin traders avoid the cheap pins

hi again! can anyone tell me about ebay seller maxheadroom777. his pins look real, but i wanna make sure.

I'm very new to pin trading and trying to read up on this stuff. I'm wondering about a certain "cuties" set of pins on ebay. The item number is 300070678444. I don't see them on pinpics, which makes me suspicious. The (c) Disney stamp also looks different from my Disneyland pins. I think they're cute and would want to keep, rather than trade, most of them. However, I don't want to buy anything that's not legit or good quality. So if anyone can let me know if they're real or not, I'd appreciate it.

If you are going to purchase the Cuties to keep you should be fine but, in my opinion, I wouldn't purchase Cuties to trade as they were everywhere when we were in WDW in October.

Mike

If you are going to purchase the Cuties to keep you should be fine but, in my opinion, I wouldn't purchase Cuties to trade as they were everywhere when we were in WDW in October.

Mike

They were still everywhere as of last week! My kids both came home with a complete set.

So this looks like a great trading set but she doesn't say they are all "official" though she has lots of + feedback. She gives no info at all. thoughts?

So this looks like a great trading set but she doesn't say they are all "official" though she has lots of + feedback. She gives no info at all. thoughts?

Looks like excellent pins to me..... You'll have no problem trading those pins.

Matt,
thanks for your help. I'm determined to be patient and not pay more than $2 a pin since I'm not sure how much my sisters will get into it....

Know anything about seller bmello81 - I've got my eye on several individual pins as well...

Can you check these lots?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180079675542&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180079721750&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180079736526&rd=1&rd=1

My sisters and I waving as the parade goes by
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Matt,
thanks for your help. I'm determined to be patient and not pay more than $2 a pin since I'm not sure how much my sisters will get into it....

Know anything about seller bmello81 - I've got my eye on several individual pins as well...

Can you check these lots?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180079675542&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180079721750&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180079736526&rd=1&rd=1

My sisters and I waving as the parade goes by
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

I recognize some of those pins. I'm not familiar with all of them. But looking at the seller's feedback, they look like they can be trusted. And one more thing, you may want to bring your minimum up a bit closer to $3. My experience with pins is that the good pins tend to go for closer to $2.50-$3.00 per pin in lots. The lots that I've seen that come in at $2.00 & under tend to be the cheaper ones. The folks bidding on pins on Ebay seem to know what they're doing & if the price is too low, something's probably up.

I did get these pins plus a few more since it was free shipping for additional ones so I get 14 pins for $38 including shipping. Most were packaged individually in plastic pags and 4 of the 14 had black rubber mickey backs and the rest were the metal backs.
They are all on the pinpics site and look great. Can't wait to trade!
Just wanted to share.
thanks for the help here

Hi, New here, Going back this summer to Disneyworld and saw these pins on ebay, can you tell me if these are tradable. lot of 23 donald duck in red plane, it says walt disney travel company, states that they are cloisonne style pin, (don't know what that means) the # is 230085015331 and the seller is Toddorama1970. My boys ages 6 and 9 would love to start trading. The auction has 1 day left. Thanks for your help.

Hi, New here, Going back this summer to Disneyworld and saw these pins on ebay, can you tell me if these are tradable. lot of 23 donald duck in red plane, it says walt disney travel company, states that they are cloisonne style pin, (don't know what that means) the # is 230085015331 and the seller is Toddorama1970. My boys ages 6 and 9 would love to start trading. The auction has 1 day left. Thanks for your help.

Those are not the type of pins I would want to find on a lanyard but everyone has different tastes. I got a lot of really nice pins from 352eric (averaged about $3.00 per pin).

disneypartyof4

Looks like they are pin #6089 on pin pics which means they are official.

Not my taste either but if they are just for trading that's what you want so you can trade for the ones you like. I'd check the seller's feedback and go from there.

You've got lots of time to find some good deals! Good luck and don't forget to take a picture of the first pin trade!

I also like pincastle as a seller - free shipping and a nice variety.

We are heading to Disney in Sept and am looking to pin trade (myself and two daughters) Where can I find these pins to buy..can someone flood me with links?
rhiwork@gmail.com

Rhiluvsd,

I get them on ebay. Just got a great deal on 10 beautiful Mickey pins from pins1217 that were better than I expected. paid $29 with shipping.
My goal is to trade also so I'm looking for lots of 10 or so that I really don't like that might go for about $3 a pin. Trick is not to get attached to them when they arrive!
If you're buying for three, you could go with a bigger lot. I'd stay away from ones that don't show you exactly what you get.
bmello and gyantzpod and pincastle seem to have a wide variety.

you can check the "officialness" of pins on pinpics.com or post a request here and the very kind EpcotMatt will help you out!
Have fun!

two rookie pin traders after their first trade
:cool1: :cool1:

Suzflee, you're too kind. I'm just one of many folks here who are more than willing to help out. And all of your suggestions about grabbing lotsof 10 for about $30 are great ones. That's exactly what I do. And I do have to 'struggle" at times when I get keepers in the trade lots I buy. But I look at it this way. If I'd love to find that same pin on a lanyard, then I'm very happy to get it. {Even if it does mean 1 less pin that I get to trade, which is really the fun part, right?}

Matt,
But how do I keep from buying more? I'm introducing my two big sisters to pin trading this month...I thought 5 would be a good start since we'll only be in the parks for one day (opening to closing if I have anything to say about it!) but I have such a good time doing it I don't know if that's enough for me!

Thanks again for checking on my previous requests and thanks for pushing me up to $3 - it was definitely worth it!

Suzflee

Just looking into trading. How about this lot? 300077006158 DISNEY TRADINGPINS4LESS

It's 2.49/pin. They have good feedback.

Just looking into trading. How about this lot? 300077006158 DISNEY TRADINGPINS4LESS

It's 2.49/pin. They have good feedback.

Generally speaking, if the auction doesn't show the exact pins I get, I tend to stay away. That being said, this auction looks good. He states that 95% have the Disney Pin Trading info on the back & the other 5% are DS pins. And his feedback is very good. I'd feel pretty comfortable getting pins from him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter