Let’s talk pool slides!

takemetomickey

Mouseketeer
My kids had so much fun at SSR!

The main pool had two slides:

1) Big slide - up two small flights of stairs, swoops side to side (no loops/circling), only covered/ enclosed at the very end. Great for adults and kids, maybe 6/7+ (saw some brave younger kids on it though too)
2) Small slide- up maybe 4/5 steps, straight, perfect for toddlers.

Paddock pool has one slide:

1) I believe it swirls in circles. Mainly saw older kids (7/8+).
No toddler slide.

What’s going on at the other resorts?

We have been to Poly with several great nieces and nephews.

Love the large slide at Poly with the dark and winding turns.

At the Poly main pool area, there are also two slides in the kids water play area. One is geared toward very young children. If I remember right, it is roughly the size of a playground slide. A second slide in the area goes in the dark, not very long, and it has a slight curve.

BCV has a huge slide. One problem is you have to leave the pool area, go towards the lake, then climb a lot of steps. It is hard to watch younger children because of this. It is a fast and mostly straight slide. Older kids love it.

Waiting for someone to talk about VGF/BPK and AKV as we will be there next week with a 7 and an 8 year old. The pools are what they are most excited about.

Waiting for someone to talk about VGF/BPK and AKV as we will be there next week with a 7 and an 8 year old. The pools are what they are most excited about.
I don’t think pool at Kidani has a slide. There’s a water play area. Jambo’s pool has a slide.

I don’t think pool at Kidani has a slide. There’s a water play area. Jambo’s pool has a slide.

Yes, we are at Jambo and it has a slide. I didn't know it had a slide despite staying there several times, until someone corrected me (appreciated) in an earlier post on another thread.

I'm also staying at GF and not familiar with their pools but we will find them quickly once there.

I cannot verify this, but several CM's at SSR have told me that the Paddock slide is the highest pool slide on property. I questioned this, thinking specifically of the BWV and BC SAB slides...

The best slides no longer exist - they were the slides at River Country that left you off several feet in the air above the pool...

I cannot verify this, but several CM's at SSR have told me that the Paddock slide is the highest pool slide on property. I questioned this, thinking specifically of the BWV and BC SAB slides...

The best slides no longer exist - they were the slides at River Country that left you off several feet in the air above the pool...
Oh yes, River Country was the best! We went once, and I didn’t have time to drop from the rope swing. We never got back before it closed. 😢

LOL. River Country. I have very strong memories of both the rope swing and the slides dumping me out in the air and landing chaotically on my side or upper back. It was a blast at 10 years old. It would possibly kill me now.

As far as slides go, my boys (7 and 10) loved the Kidani slide, but thought the pool was too far away from our room. They were a tiny bit bored by the Jambo one (too short), but loved that pool. They were happy-ish with the Wilderness lodge one, but it was relatively short and didn't have a tunnel that I remember (slightly better than jambo, not as good as Kidani). They preferred the Riviera one (similar to OKW, maybe?) to Poly (but this may have been more due to lack of crowds at RIV compared to our days at Poly where they always had to wait in line). I personally enjoyed the RIV loungers the most so far.

We are staying at Boardwalk (May) and Beach Club (August) this year specifically to test their pools/slides as we haven't stayed at either place yet. Kids are most excited about the Boardwalk one due to the roller coaster style and length. I'm just happy the clown is gone.

Last edited:
AKL- Jambo the slide is small and slow. Kidani has a great slide it is very fast. GF the pool is a mirror image of the pool at the POLY however the GF has the sun beating directly on it most of the day making the waterfall area (great back massage) not used much. The slide is not the same as the POLY but is decent- Kidani is faster and more fun than the GF slide.
The best slides are POLY because it is dark and fast.
BW is the fastest.

The SSR Paddock slide is better then the main pool IMO but both are decent.

The worst slides are by far AKL - Jambo and WL which is far better then the one at Jambo. BC is slow mess the easily makes you question why you burnt your feet to walk out of the pool gate and across a walkway- on the flip side these slides are great for the less daring younger kids.

AKL- Jambo the slide is small and slow. Kidani has a great slide it is very fast. GF the pool is a mirror image of the pool at the POLY however the GF has the sun beating directly on it most of the day making the waterfall area (great back massage) not used much. The slide is not the same as the POLY but is decent- Kidani is faster and more fun than the GF slide.
The best slides are POLY because it is dark and fast.
BW is the fastest.

The SSR Paddock slide is better then the main pool IMO but both are decent.

The worst slides are by far AKL - Jambo and WL which is far better then the one at Jambo. BC is slow mess the easily makes you question why you burnt your feet to walk out of the pool gate and across a walkway- on the flip side these slides are great for the less daring younger kids.
This is a helpful discussion. If we stay at Kidani, is it worth even going to the Jambo pool, or just use the Kidani one? I like that Kidani has the water play area. Kids ages 6 and 8, but I like the water slides, too.

This is a helpful discussion. If we stay at Kidani, is it worth even going to the Jambo pool, or just use the Kidani one? I like that Kidani has the water play area. Kids ages 6 and 8, but I like the water slides, too.
My vote is to just use the Kidani one. The pool itself is definitely smaller but it has much better slides and water play/splash area. Both have a nice selection of loungers and shade. We use the jumbo pool when we stay at jumbo primarily out of convenience.

Me and dd3 like water slides.

We have tried them at all dvc wdw resorts except riv.
We have also rode vb and hhi.

Looking forward to trying vgc and vdh this summer!

We really liked the akl kidani, ssr paddock, bwv slides.
Bcv is fun, but hate the long hike over and up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter