Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, we just returned from a great 2 week trip. After reading great reports on L&M here, I cancelled my Dollar, and National ressies and switched to L&M. I got a van for a total of $390 including all taxes for the 2 weeks. ( I think this is a VERY good rate). On our last trip ( 2 years ago) we ALL went to the luggage claim, then ALL went to the car rental counter (I cant remember who we used, but it was in the terminal). Any way, there was a line at the car place 2 years ago, so...this time, hubby went for luggage, I went for car. I easily found the L&M counter...no one was in line. Even before I got to the counter, I was greeted, and asked for my name. Literally, less than 5 minutes later, I was done. I went back to meet my hubby at the baggage claim (after a quick stop at the bank for a roll of quarters for the tolls) He was just finishing getting the last bag. We went to the garage, easily found the van. It was a nice new Mercury Villager.....and away we went!! I would definately recommend L&M.
Karen

All went well today 10 minutes and I drove away a Mitsubishi Spider convertible for less than my ressie price - will surely use them again:)

Glad to hear about your positive experience Pluto! I'm considering using them in April. I guess it will depend on where I can get the best rate.

Pluto4President....After having Travelocity call and tell me that L&M would not be honoring my reservation I just let it go and figured I'll just stay with Dollar. Now you post that you have that nice little convertible Spyder and I am thinking how fun and cool that would be for our April/May trip. Did you book a convertible ? What did you get for a rate?

From L&M
Pluto did you get your comp car, we had promised you that. If you did not get it please contact our office and have them talk to Michael Gassemi. Your rental should have been comped.

VERY SIMPLE PEOPLE GO TO THE COUNTER IF YOU HAVE RESERVATION WITH ANOTHER COMPANY AND WE WILL BEAT IT BY AT LEAST 10%. If you have any difficulty ask for a Manager.

L&M Car rental,
If you read some of the other threads here, you will see that people have tried what you have suggested and have been refused and know nothing about this 10% beat the price.
They have asked for managers who refuse to honor what you are writing. They say they have never heard of such a thing, it was something that came out of reservations, or, simply no.
It is obviously not that simple. Maybe you all should get "your ducks in a row" and communicate. So far all I have received from L&M is a person on the phone that did not know what the web site stated, another who was very rude and a bit*h to boot and a computer virus (luckily Norton stopped that one dead). IMHO, not a lot to recommend you folks.
Sorry if this appears harsh, but, a lot of nice people have had a promise that no one seems to be able to deliver on.

Hi all - I booked a convertible and received it. Excellent condition, little spotted dirty on te outside. That didn't bother me at all. Ressie was confirmed at $111, it ended up being $64 for 2 days. Return was also a breeze. I can find no reason not to use them again. Everyone was friendly from the counter staff, to the garage staff.

L&M: as for the comp, I tried emailing you to no avail. I was saving that comp for a real trip :) I'll call the person, if that's you, that you mentioned.

Ok here is my experience with L&M.

I used them for a short weekend trip (2/8-2/12), and reserved a compact car. I was glad to walk up to the counter at about 1:15pm with no one in line. All was going good until my agent was handed her paycheck and had to open it and verify it was correct. so after about 25 mins I was on my way to the garage.

I was given a Mirage for the weekend, what a small car, would hate to see what an economy car is. This car had more scratched and dents than a car in a junk yard, so another 15 mins lost finding the attendant and having all these documented. As the weekend went on, the car became more and more difficult to start, not sure why. Returning was a breeze.

Conclusion: You get what you pay for! I will probably never rent from them again as I would rather have a nice goodlooking car while on vacation so my business we be returning to National.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Dan

Dan and Scott,
A Mirage is a compact car.
How rude to be checking her paycheck while she was waiting on you. Not good customer service.

L & M Rep, in case you didn't read it, below is my very recent experience which I wrote in a previous post. I am probably one of those Gail was writing about. What happened in my situation? Asking for a manager and mentioning Michael's name (even showing the counter agent my e-mail from reservations) didn't help at all.

"Beware L & M

We returned yesterday. Here's what happened to us.

I had a reservation with Dollar for a compact from 2/12 to 2/16 for $124.01.

I got on L&M's website and e-mailed them giving them my reservation info with Dollar and asking if they indeed would beat that amount by 10%. I received a reply telling me: "Yes. Just bring your confirmation from Dollar with the price. Show them a copy of this e-mail and they will beat your price by 10%. Let them know you have talked to Michael. Please take a copy of this e-mail to the counter. Thank you for contacting us."

Tuesday evening (9:00 p.m.), my sis-in-law and I went to the L&M counter. I gave them my Dollar reservation print out and told them that I understood they would beat that price by 10%. The clerk at the counter told me there was no way they would do that.

I then showed the clerk the e-mail from Michael. He read it and said that Michael wasn't at the MCO location, he was at central reservations and had nothing to do with that location.

He said there was no way they would give me a car for that price at "this season". I asked what "season" this was. He said it was the Daytona. He then told me that Dollar would probably not even honor the reservation I had with them! That statement made me wonder if L&M sometimes does not honor their own reservations, depending on the "season".

After I commented that L&M is evidently not dependable, he telephoned a manager and was told by the manager that they would not rent a car to me for that price, no matter who said they would. I told him that I was going to make a report about my experience here and that it could hurt future business. He didn't seem to mind.

I then went to the Dollar counter and had no problems whatsoever. They honored my reservation. I received very quick, efficient, friendly service."

We just returned from WDW and used L&M. If you have been reading this thread you know what problems we had the day before we were going to leave. We'll everything turned out OK! We were upgraded for free to a mini van (Kia - Sedona) from an economy. We paid $155, all taxes included, for nine days rental. The pick-up and return went very smoothly. There was a lady there who did not recieve a car with her confirmation and she was really irate, which I would have been too! I guess I have to say that I don't think I will be using L&M again with all the different messages were getting on this thread. I don't think it's worth the hassel and worry! You're supposed to be on vacation having fun, not worrying about your rental car! Just my two cents worth.

Pluto4President:

I was thinking the same thing. Haven't heard anything about L&M in a few days. But, then I thought - DUH, I have! I wrote on another thread last week about Travelocity calling to say that L&M would not honor my confirmed ressie made through them. They were not honoring any L&M ressie made through Travelocity. (A few weeks ago, Travelocity had better rates going through them than L&M's website.) After some searching and tips from RobinLyn, I got a good rate from Avis.

The rest of the story: Travelocity called back this Tuesday, and said that L&M WOULD honor the ressies made through Travelocity. The agent wanted to know if I wanted to keep it. I said , "No". I have to be skeptical about their business practices of on again, off again, on again, etc.

Bottom line: I guess if you take a chance with your good rate and get the vehicle - more power to you. I think that's great. Knowing my DH, it wouldn't be a good idea to arrive in the evening only to have to find alternate transportation. Especially, the week before Easter. Better safe than sorry for us. :)

we visited during Pres Week and had reserved two minivans - we really had no problems to speak of - my brother received a new Windstar and I received a new Villager..rate was 149.99/wk plus 29.99 for the xtra day we stayed. only minor issue was when we returned the vehicles, they did not have my brother's credit card on file, and they had me using another vehicle....but it really was no problem for us...getting and returning the vehicles went very smoothly and quickly for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter