Let's Introduce Ourselves - How Long Have You Been on the DL Board

When was the first time you visited Disneyland?
-I was 6 years old, 1976.

When was the last time you visited Disneyland?
-Last Aug.

How often do you visit Disneyland?
- 1 or 2 times a year, BUT, this July we are getting AP's for the first time
so we will be going as often as we can!!!!

Are you a local, within 2-3 hour drive to Disneyland? Or a non-local?
-Yes, 1 1/2 hours a way, live here in San Diego, CA

For the non-locals, how long do you stay?
-Most of the time we stay for the weekend, the most 4 days.

Do you visit Disneyland more often or Walt Disney World more often?
-I only been to WDW 1 time about 20 years ago.

When was the first time you came to the DIS, why did you come to the DIS, and how did you find the DIS?
-First time I came on the DIS was 9 months ago. My Brother has been coming on for years, but he never posted, just reads. He told me about the DIS!!!

How often do you visit the DIS?
-2 to 4 times a Day!

Have you ever met anyone from the DIS? Who was the first person you met. Have you ever been to a DIS Meet?
-Not yet.

Tell us a moment that sticks out in your mind - funny, embarrassing, or touching - at Disneyland.
-There's alot. hmmmm, a couple years ago we went to disneyland in Dec., my Son "Jamie" made a Dance up, we call it "The Jamie Dance". All of our group at the time (9 of us) were at Goofy's Kitchen, we all got up and did the Jamie Dance, we also Got Goofy to do the Jamie dance with us!! Then we all did the Jamie Dance on the Stage at the Golden Horseshoe the next day!

Tell us a little bit about you.
-I'm 39 years old, Love Disneyland, the whole Resort! Some of my Family think i'm to much into Disney..

Do you have any pictures you'd like to share with us?
-I Posted ALOT of Pictures here on the DIS boards!

Add whatever you'd like.
-Thanks for having this Board up! I think I would be very bored if I couldn't come on here and read these boards and Look at he Pictures! Thanks again!

My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast and my favorite princess is Belle.

Belle is my DBF's fave princess as well. So much so that one time we were coming out of the sorcerer's workshop, and as we were walking down the hall, Belle was walking straight at us. He then proceeded to push me into the drinking fountain vestibule so it appeared that he was solo. Boys :sad2:

1.When was the first time you visited Disneyland?

I didn’t visit DL till I was 15 – it was right when California Adventure opened, so it’s always kind of been there for me – crazy, right? I went with my aunt and her family (3 little kids) to help out. It was great to be able to go, but I don’t remember much of that trip – I was busy!

2.When was the last time you visited Disneyland?

I’ve only been twice so far – the LAST time I went to DL was last year, for a week in September. I went with my best friend, and it was our first “grown-up” vacation that we paid for and planned ourselves, yeah! :) It was so fun – now we’re hooked!

3.How often do you visit Disneyland?

Well, like I said, I’ve only been twice, but I hope to visit every year now – perhaps more if I can manage it. I’ve been bitten, hard. ;) We’re definitely going again in September, and I have this tentative idea to make a short visit in December with my sister as well. Might as well get APs, mm? Then who knows what will happen!! :D

4.Are you a local, within 2-3 hour drive to Disneyland? Or a non-local?

Non-local. But not too far, really. Seattle, baby! If you keep a weather eye open you can find fantastic deals on Virgin America and JetBlue (we’ve only flown Virgin so far and it’s great! Love it)

5.For the non-locals, how long do you stay?

Staying 6 days last time was good for us. I need that long of a vacation! And if it’s affordable (and if you’re only paying for yourself, it is), then why not? More is better – I am an American! :) (Which means we’re adding another day this time, woohoo!)

6.Do you visit Disneyland more often or Walt Disney World more often?

I’ve been to WDW more – 3 times. Each time was only for a few days, and I was 5 and 8 for the first two (last time I was 16). It is super fun to do anything Disney, but for right now Disneyland is right for me and has more appeal. It’s just the right size for two west coast buddies on their own – and the right price, too.

7.When was the first time you came to the DIS, why did you come to the DIS, and how did you find the DIS?

I was planning for my trip last year, and searched online for Disneyland tips – It was SO helpful; I feel like I know so much now – I try to help people I know with DL knowledge, haha!

8.How often do you visit the DIS?

Usually every day – I don’t post a lot, but I read a lot! After my last trip I didn’t come on for a while, though, because I was sad about coming back, lol. :(

9.Have you ever met anyone from the DIS? Who was the first person you met. Have you ever been to a DIS Meet?

Not yet!

10.Tell us a moment that sticks out in your mind - funny, embarrassing, or touching - at Disneyland.

For WDW – My first trip was when I was 4, with my parents and my aunt (who also loves Disney!). Late 80s. My aunt and I spent a lot of time hanging out together while my parents did the “big” rides, and we took in a show. I don’t really remember the show, but I know it was kind of a party theme and there were princesses and characters – anyone remember? As soon as it ended my aunt and I looked at each other and she said, “that was awesome!” and I said, “yeah!” and then we both said “let’s see it again!” And we did, haha! Fun times.
For DL – the entire trip was fantastic. Meeting and watching Mary Poppins was great for me, since it was one of my VERY favorites when I was little. That, and Cinderella! We met her, too, and both meetings were the perfect kind – a total excited surprise! Mary Poppins & Bert were hanging out at Coke Corner, and it was a complete “gasp and speed walk” moment, haha! And Cinderella was the last princess we saw at the PFF – we knew who the first two were going to be, but she was the last surprise, yay!
Also, a story I’ve heard all my life:
My mom grew up in California, so they went many times through the years. She and my aunts say that whenever they would ride Pirates, their mom would always say as they floated past the Blue Bayou, “wave to the rich people…!” and they would, lol. She passed away before I was born, so it’s just something I’ve always heard about her. It was neat to actually go there myself (for dessert only, ha!), and I would LOVE to take my mom there someday.

11.Tell us a little bit about you.

Um, well, I’m a full time student and I work part time at a local theater – I love my job! I have always liked Disney, but I feel like I’m in some kind of reverse childhood, because now I LOVE it! :) I have Disney posters, a calendar, and a map up in my room alongside my Amelie and Kill Bill posters. :cutie: I sing, cook, read, and laugh!

12.Do you have any pictures you'd like to share with us?

This one is fun!
m_9f9da8eed99990f852ef95f1f0707324.jpg

13.Add whatever you'd like.

Aw, I’m good! :)

I grew up in Southern CA (Ontario) so we started going to Disneyland when I was little, not sure how young.

March of this year for a quick Spring Break trip!

At least once a year. We got our first APs in January and have been 2 times already and have 2 more trips planned.

Non-local. 6 hour drive from Phoenix.

When we didn't have APs, at least 3 days. With APs, at least 2!

Disneyland

When was the first time you came to the DIS, why did you come to the DIS, and how did you find the DIS?

I don't remember how I found it. Probably googling Disney info. I came to the DIS looking for advice on when to take my trip. I remember that Mary Jo was one of the first to respond and give her advice! :goodvibes

Usually every day.

Have you ever met anyone from the DIS? Who was the first person you met. Have you ever been to a DIS Meet?

Not yet, but I would love too!

Tell us a moment that sticks out in your mind - funny, embarrassing, or touching - at Disneyland.

Watching my daughters have the time of their lives, while I am too! Watching DD2 point out the rides and asking to go back to the "Tiki Yoom". :lovestruc

I am 33 years old and live in Phoenix with my wonderful DH and our daughters, ages 7 and 2. I am lucky enough to get to be a SAHM and work from home part time. I have always liked Disneyland, but just in the past 5 years has my obsession taken over! :laughing:

This is me and DD2 on our last trip waiting in line for the Matterhorn (which she talks about daily now -- wanting to go back on it!)

DSC06082.jpg

Add whatever you'd like.

Great thread idea Mary Jo! I like reading about everyone and putting a face to the name!

When was the first time you visited Disneyland? My first trip to Disneyland was with my parents when I was 8 years old (almost 9). It was during 1976 and I was SO excited. I had heard about it for years from my parents and my dad worked off and on in LA and so my mom and I drove our old 60's pickup down from up in Northern CAL with my old Bugs Bunny AM radio for a 8 hour drive and I was awe struck! I remember being terrified of the haunted mansion and amazed by the whole place. It was during the Bicentennial and they had the parade then. It was just awesome!

When was the last time you visited Disneyland? Last week! :)

How often do you visit Disneyland? We try to go at LEAST once a year!

Are you a local, within 2-3 hour drive to Disneyland? Or a non-local? We live in Northern Cal so not QUITE a local but close!

For the non-locals, how long do you stay? We usually go for at LEAST a 3 day weekend but usually a week.

Do you visit Disneyland more often or Walt Disney World more often? Disneyland!

When was the first time you came to the DIS, why did you come to the DIS, and how did you find the DIS? I belonged to another Disney site first and then someone told me about this site and I happened to be planning my 2nd Walt Disney World trip and I used the Disney World portion of the board a LOT for my 05 trip first. That is when I came here was in 05. I stuck MAINLY to that portion of the boards and then right after I went to the Disneyland boards and have been there ever since going back to the DW section only for my 08 trip.

How often do you visit the DIS? Everyday, several times a day! ;)

Have you ever met anyone from the DIS? Who was the first person you met. Have you ever been to a DIS Meet? Several! Went to a ladies meet this past March!

Tell us a moment that sticks out in your mind - funny, embarrassing, or touching - at Disneyland. The only thing that comes to mind is the first time I saw the Remember fireworks and how they made me cry. They are THE best fireworks ever! Hearing Julie Andrews and Walt Disney speak! To this day it chokes me up! Also Some of the other fireworks and castle shows and when it snows. All those special moments. Candelight Procession also was amazing and beautiful!!!

Tell us a little bit about you. Gee MAJOR Disneyaholic! I'm a mom of 2 girls who works part time and my girls are my life. We are into sports and church and just LOVE Disney. It's our FAV place! :)

100_3016.jpg

Add whatever you'd like.

1. When was the first time you visited Disneyland? 1975 when I was 10 years old.
  2. When was the last time you visited Disneyland? December of 2008, our first Holiday trip to DL.
  3. How often do you visit Disneyland? Once a year and if we're lucky twice a year.
  4. Are you a local, within 2-3 hour drive to Disneyland? Or a non-local? Non Local. Live in Dallas Texas.
  5. For the non-locals, how long do you stay? Usually at least 3 days mininum.
  6. Do you visit Disneyland more often or Walt Disney World more often? DL more often then WDW. WDW is a once every 2-3 years trip.
  7. When was the first time you came to the DIS, why did you come to the DIS, and how did you find the DIS? First came here only about 6 months ago I think. Kind of found it by accident.
  8. How often do you visit the DIS? Usually I come here daily to see if there's any gossip, news, trip reports. Love looking at others trip photos.
  9. Have you ever met anyone from the DIS? Who was the first person you met. Have you ever been to a DIS Meet? Have never met anyone yet from DIS in person.
  10. Tell us a moment that sticks out in your mind - funny, embarrassing, or touching - at Disneyland. One of the funnest times we had at DL was when it was lightly raining and a little bit cold. People were clearing out of the park and we just threw on some plastic poncho's and ignored the rain, riding everything over and over until midnight. One of the best trips ever.
  11. Tell us a little bit about you. Born and raised in Nebraska. Lived in Kansas City for a few years and moved to Dallas about 16 years ago. I'm a portrait and graphite/charcoal artist when I'm not working 8-5. I also play the piano.
  12. Do you have any pictures you'd like to share with us? I have tons of pictures over on my flickr account. Here's our latest trip during December of last year.
  13. Add whatever you'd like. Going to Disneyland for me is like the only place where I put every single trouble, fear, problem behind me and get to forget it all and be a kid again for a few days.

Belle is my DBF's fave princess as well. So much so that one time we were coming out of the sorcerer's workshop, and as we were walking down the hall, Belle was walking straight at us. He then proceeded to push me into the drinking fountain vestibule so it appeared that he was solo. Boys :sad2:

:rotfl: Poor you! What is it with boys and princesses? :confused3 My DBF is the same way with Cinderella!!

Summer of 1977, I was 8 years old. We lived in CO, and my mother met a guy who lived in CA through a dating service. We went to DL on one of their "dates". They still used the A-E tickets then, and I clearly remember that I didn't get to go on Pirates, but Space Mountain was the newest attraction and the wait for it was long. I got lost after the Electric Parade and waited for my mom at City Hall (where they told us to meet if we got lost), but they decided to look all over the park for me first.

I was there with the DIS Divas last month! (March '09)

We have been a lot as a family since the 50th (check out my siggie blow). We are currently taking a break from DLR until DCA is complete in 2012.

Non-local. I live in Phoenix.

3 days in the parks is just right for our family.

Disneyland only. Never been to WDW. Don't know if I ever will go to WDW.

I can't remember exactly when I came over to the Dis, but I started at MousePlanet, and then wandered over here and stayed because the Dis seems much friendlier and moves a bit faster.

Daily.

I have met many people from the Dis. The first person I met was StacieLee on our way to the Dis Divas FIRST get together in 2008. I've been to a few mini-meets inbetween, but the big meets have been with the Divas in 2008 and 2009.

Everyone knows my "Sleeping Beauty" story. If I can find it using the search feature, I'll link it here. Here's the pic to jog everyone's memory:

sleeping.jpg

Here's the link: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=23768427&postcount=17

I'm a SAHM and homeschool teacher to my 3 kids, ages 11, 9 and 7. I currently live in Phoenix, but have been trying for the last several years to move to the Pacific Northwest. Our house is for sale if anyone wants to buy it. ;)

Here's my family:

family.jpg

And one of my best DLR moments ever with another DISser, BillyFan and our HOT HOT HOT Boyfriend:

billyfan2.jpg

I got to do this too in 1993. Closest thing I'll probably ever get to being a CM at DL. I was in marching band and we were featured in the mid day parade. Got to be backstage when we started and ended the parade. Very cool experience.
Yeah, that was awesome. I remember them telling us how there was random firework shrapnel lying around backstage and not to touch anything. Man, it was so fun too, because we got to do a studio recording of Fantasmic, and they sent us a video of the show with us playing the music. :goodvibes

:rotfl: Poor you! What is it with boys and princesses? :confused3 My DBF is the same way with Cinderella!!
Haha. That's all I can say. :lmao:

Everyone knows my "Sleeping Beauty" story. If I can find it using the search feature, I'll link it here. Here's the pic to jog everyone's memory:

sleeping.jpg
Link it! I have to hear this one!

April 2003

July 2008

Not as often as I would like!

I'm a non-local from oregon.

3 to 5 days

I grew up in the mid-west and had grandparents in Tampa so we went to WDW every winter break for many years. But I haven't been there since about 1981. I've been to Disneyland twice and hope to be back in the summer of 2010.

I found the DIS last spring (08) when I was planning our trip. I think I followed a link from a search for anything trip planning related.

I visit almost everyday and usually spend my work breaks sipping my Diet Coke and looking at interesting sounding posts and pictures.

Have you ever met anyone from the DIS?
Not that I know of!

Our first trip to Disneyland was about 6 years ago and my daughter and I went with a close family friend and her young son. My friend grew up in the Anaheim area so she was a pro and I just hung on for dear life and followed her lead. This past trip last summer was just my daughter and I and it was a very special trip. My then 13-year-old daughter was just bubbling over with excitement and love on that trip and it was just a joy to have that experience together. Our plan is to go every 2 years now, just us girls.

I am a single (divorced) Mom and I work full time at a medical facility. I have one child and one cat, all of us redheads. We love all things Disney and sci-fi (don't cancel Sarah Connor! I beg of you!)

Add whatever you'd like.
It's nice to have a spot like the DIS to visit. It's a nice diversion during a stressful work day. It also made our trip extra-special last summer since I had so many helpful tips and strategies from posters. I'm not a big poster myself, but I do enjoy reading other people's comments and trip reports. What a fun community!

DBF and I at my cousins wedding
jamesandstacie1jeffswedding.jpg

Add whatever you'd like.
I will be participating in my first Mouse Adventure on 4/26!

Stacie, you look so beautiful!!! Your DBF has the bluest eyes!!
You picked yourself a good one! :thumbsup2

aaahhhhhhhh Que Bonita! Look at La Princessa Stacie and her Handsome Boyfriend:lovestruc

My first visit to Disneyland was 2 years ago last feb.

I was last in disneyland for the Girl's Only trip, so that would be the beginning of March. I'm going to be there again next weekend for Mouse Adventure. Then 2 weeks later my DH and i will be there for the Napa Rose Cooking Class. And 3 weeks from that we are taking my mother and nephew to Disneyland. We also have our family christmas trip booked. And i hoping to pop into Disneyland for my birthday in sept..and maybe my mom's in oct. :rotfl:

We bought premium annual passes this year so we can just pick up and go whenever we want. They have been great! I hope to get them renewed in the fall. This year we have been in Oct. Dec. Feb. March with trips planned April..May ..June..and Dec.

We live in El Paso, Texas..679.9 Miles from Disneyland.. we drive 1/2 the time and fly 1/2 the time.

Hhmm..different amounts..DH and I go for weekend 3 day get aways... my Mom and I stayed 9 days in March..Dec. we stayed 4 days...depends who is going with us.

When our children were little we went to WDW because we lived closer.. now we live closer to DL and take our grandchildren.

I did a webseach on Yahoo to find Disneyland trip planning and Found the Disboard. I'm a nerdgirl so i read it for a good month or so before i registered and posted. So that makes it May 2008.

Everyday, multiple times, I'm an empty nester and online alot looking for recipes and planning trips and special things for the family.

Yesssssssssssss! The first lovely ladies i met.. were Zoemakes5, TooCherie and Stacerita. Then I met all the girls only trip members when my mom and i went on that trip!

I have so many special moments at Disney world and land in my heart. At Disneyworld it was the moment my children saw Mickey for the first time and gave him big hugs! At Disneyland..it's the moment my mother walked on mainstreet.. and i actually had tears. Because she is such a loving and giving person, she always wanted to go to Disneyland all her life yet never was able to. Being able to take her and make this dream came true will be forever in my heart. We love that we have taken 4 generations of our family to Disneyland!

I'm the HaPpPy One! So Blessed with a family that I adore and would do anything for. My Boyfriend and I have celebrated over 25 years of marriage and still hold hands when we walk through the park. I am always doing things with my family. I travel alot. Love Museums and am an abstract artist who works in painting spiritual abstractions, primarily with oils and acrylics on canvas.

Yes!
here is me.. i just took it with my cell phone..hahaha..hey i should have worn my tiara!!!
2afhno3.jpg

Add whatever you'd like
MaryJo is the Most Wonderful Lady You'd Ever Hope to Meet!:hug:

aaahhhhhhhh Que Bonita! Look at La Princessa Stacie and her Handsome Boyfriend:lovestruc

My first visit to Disneyland was 2 years ago last feb.

I was last in disneyland for the Girl's Only trip, so that would be the beginning of March. I'm going to be there again next weekend for Mouse Adventure. Then 2 weeks later my DH and i will be there for the Napa Rose Cooking Class. And 3 weeks from that we are taking my mother and nephew to Disneyland. We also have our family christmas trip booked. And i hoping to pop into Disneyland for my birthday in sept..and maybe my mom's in oct. :rotfl:

We bought premium annual passes this year so we can just pick up and go whenever we want. They have been great! I hope to get them renewed in the fall. This year we have been in Oct. Dec. Feb. March with trips planned April..May ..June..and Dec.

We live in El Paso, Texas..679.9 Miles from Disneyland.. we drive 1/2 the time and fly 1/2 the time.

Hhmm..different amounts..DH and I go for weekend 3 day get aways... my Mom and I stayed 9 days in March..Dec. we stayed 4 days...depends who is going with us.

When our children were little we went to WDW because we lived closer.. now we live closer to DL and take our grandchildren.

I did a webseach on Yahoo to find Disneyland trip planning and Found the Disboard. I'm a nerdgirl so i read it for a good month or so before i registered and posted. So that makes it May 2008.

Everyday, multiple times, I'm an empty nester and online alot looking for recipes and planning trips and special things for the family.

Yesssssssssssss! The first lovely ladies i met.. were Zoemakes5, TooCherie and Stacerita. Then I met all the girls only trip members when my mom and i went on that trip!

I have so many special moments at Disney world and land in my heart. At Disneyworld it was the moment my children saw Mickey for the first time and gave him big hugs! At Disneyland..it's the moment my mother walked on mainstreet.. and i actually had tears. Because she is such a loving and giving person, she always wanted to go to Disneyland all her life yet never was able to. Being able to take her and make this dream came true will be forever in my heart. We love that we have taken 4 generations of our family to Disneyland!

I'm the HaPpPy One! So Blessed with a family that I adore and would do anything for. My Boyfriend and I have celebrated over 25 years of marriage and still hold hands when we walk through the park. I am always doing things with my family. I travel alot. Love Museums and am an abstract artist who works in painting spiritual abstractions, primarily with oils and acrylics on canvas.

Yes!
here is me.. i just took it with my cell phone..hahaha..hey i should have worn my tiara!!!
2afhno3.jpg

Add whatever you'd like
MaryJo is the Most Wonderful Lady You'd Ever Hope to Meet!:hug:

aww..you are one HOT mamma!!
Your boyfriend & family are very blessed to have you.

I agree MJ is a wonderful Diva!

Big Love for DebbieLouWho aka JordansMomma...I'm so glad I took a chance and went on the girl's only trip! I have met some really special people like YOU!!! I can't wait for vegas.. i am hoping we get to hang out one night and just visit:hug: Cuz You are not only Beautiful but You sparkle on the inside!

Big Love for DebbieLouWho aka JordansMomma...I'm so glad I took a chance and went on the girl's only trip! I have met some really special people like YOU!!! I can't wait for vegas.. i am hoping we get to hang out one night and just visit:hug: Cuz You are not only Beautiful but You sparkle on the inside!

:hug:
awww...thanks. Yes, meeting up in Vegas of course!

Callie, that was so sweet!! Dangit now I want a daughter so I can do cool princessy things!!

But your daughter, that is way too cute!

Words cannot describe how priceless that is. :goodvibes

And wow, what luck to see the same Aurora a year later.

Thanks Debra and Sherwin! :goodvibes

It was that special Disney moment when I became a full-on-sold-out Disneyland fan. We have had many more magical moments since then with special character interactions, but that was the first one where I became "hooked" on the magic of the Mouse. :wizard:

My youngest dd is 7 now, and almost past that "magic" age where the character interactions are very real and special. This last trip in March she played musical chairs with Alice and the Mad Hatter and I quickly realized that this would probably be one of the last visits where my daughter appreciates the characters. My older two already don't want to stand in character lines. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter