Lets re-work Hollywood Studios!

TGaines107

Mouseketeer
Being a bit selfish, it needs a Star Wars themed land of rides, restaurants and attractions. In addition, Pixar place should be vastly expanded to become a sizeable land of its own with the same said rides, restaurants and attractions. In addition, bring more into the park of the old Hollywood feel found on its main street and characterized in The Tower of Terror and Great Movie Ride. With expansions to these three themes, I feel this park (Hollywood Studios) will become the park it was always meant to be! (My two cents) :thumbsup2

I'd like to see the following:

Indiana Jones Attraction Similar to DL
Monsters Inc. Coaster Based on Door/Scream Floor
Meet The Robinsons Attraction
Wall E Attraction
Ratatouille Attraction
Cars Attraction

so much to work with for Pixar films!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My family is SOOOOO with you!! We've talked about a Star Wars "land" and all you could do with it countless times. Pod racers, tauntaun rides, meeting Jabba the Hutt.....I am getting excited just thinking all my "Star Wars geek" thoughts. :yoda::darth:

Expanding Pixar Place would also be awesome! :lovestruc

We could make room by mowing down Sounds Dangerous and American Idol - wastes of space that could be used for a Droid Factory, Wookie meet and greets, and Jawa tossing.

Totally agree. Hollywood Studios needs work. They have Pixar and need to run with it.
Rides/restaurants with Walle, UP and Monsters INC
How can they the ability to make a walking trash can in MK but not a Walle.
Not a big Star Wars fan but that would make a good area. I would vote for a Newsies area - but that would just be me :P

Love to see some of the other Disney movies represented in the parks
Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, Enchanted.

And rip out Dinoland in AK while you are at it.
I loved Animal Kingdom but didnt like dinoland at all.

Totally agree. Hollywood Studios needs work. They have Pixar and need to run with it.
Rides/restaurants with Walle, UP and Monsters INC
How can they the ability to make a walking trash can in MK but not a Walle.
Not a big Star Wars fan but that would make a good area. I would vote for a Newsies area - but that would just be me :P

Love to see some of the other Disney movies represented in the parks
Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, Enchanted.

And rip out Dinoland in AK while you are at it.
I loved Animal Kingdom but didnt like dinoland at all.

I agree. Never quite got dinoland either.:confused3

That land saddens me because, honestly, I think myself and all my paleoart friends could design a killer, but tasteful dinosaur themed area -- and it would include attractions and rides that focus on something other than the K/P extinction (which is kind of a downer) and that you wouldn't be able to see at your hometown's summer Lobster/Clam/Pig Roast/Barbecue/Prairie Oyster Festival. :sad2:

On to business: The Theme Park Formerly Known as Disney/MGM Studios. The elephant in the room here is that there is a very simple way to "save" this park and I think we all know what it is.

Bring back the studio part.

Use those backlots and soundstages. You don't have to make "Newsies 2: Scally Cap Boogaloo", but why not start smaller, and film some TV specials and stuff? Why not start up a new Mickey Mouse Club? (The Fifties, Seventies, and early Nineties each got one, this generation is practically longing for one.) Heck, while I am dreaming, gut the extremely depressing Animation Building and get some actual animators working in there!

There's a purpose behind dinoland that makes it easier to enjoy and understand. You may ultimately still decide to hate it, but at least it will be an informed decision.

Chester and Hester are an elderly couple who owned the gas station that became the Dinoland gift shop. When the first fossil was found in the Boneyard, the Dino Institute opened up just down the road from their gas station and the surrounding area instantly started drawing in tourists. Chester and Hester capitalized on the area's new found popularity by opening "Chester and Hester's Dinorama", a tacky run-of-the-mill tourist trap park with quickly built rides and carnival games. They created two characters to serve as mascotts of Dinorama, and named them after themselves. Their gas station also expanded into a large touristy gift shop specializing in Dino-everything.

You can still see the original gas pumps and old-style cocacola vending machine out back behind the gift shop.As time went on, they realized there was more money in selling souvenirs than gas, so they stopped the gas business, but continued with their souvenir shop. They are the only business that didn't sell out to the Dino Institute.

If you look closely, you'll see that the rides are in a parking lot and the highway goes through the area.

Here's a great link that explains it all. As they say in this article, "The backstory behind DinoLand U.S.A. is one of the most elaborate and complex Disney has ever constructed. And once you know it, it’s like someone has turned a light on, and you can finally see why everything is the way it is." Enjoy!

http://seeyarealsoon.com/2010/02/26/dinoland/

DHS needs more rides for younger children. That will help with the TSM stampeed.

Really anything will help. I find there really isn't too much to do with my young niece. She might go on Star Tours, but I don't think she will like the 3D.

Agree HS has a ton of room for improvement. Let's dump the backlot and great movie ride. Sorry but mullets can go as well as Indiana jones.

Expand star wars area. And of course expand pixar.

I would have three areas in total.

1. Pixar (another ride to go with TSM and themed restaurant)

2. Star wars (another ride, maybe a new show where Indy sits and hate to say it but retheme scifi and 50's cafe to a star wars theme)

3. Old time studio area.

It just doesn't seem like Disney really knows what theme they want for HS

I don't care about Star Wars or Pixar.

I agree that the place could use some big-time help, but don't know what I'd do.

They could try more rides themed to movies like US.

I really do love HS, here are my suggestions:

Replace the Indy show with a new one. There have been some great action movies made since Indy that they could utilize (Pirates for one) I do like the Indy show, but after seeing it so many times, it sorta becomes more of a break out of the sun.

Replace the Drew Carey attraction with a Disney themed attraction/show. There are so many great movies that don't currently have a presence in the parks - classics and new

I second the Monsters Inc Coaster - - that would be awesome to replace the Backlot tour!

I LOVE the GMR....lets just give it a refresh!

I'd like to see the following:

Indiana Jones Attraction Similar to DL
Monsters Inc. Coaster Based on Door/Scream Floor
Meet The Robinsons Attraction
Wall E Attraction
Ratatouille Attraction
Cars Attraction

so much to work with for Pixar films!

I absolutley agree with you 100%!!!! Disney has completely missed the mark on alot of these movies and attractions. I as well see the potential of this park. Why oh why do they spend their money building another resort? Re-vamp this park to bring people in THEN consider spending money on another resort. But, that's just a simple persons opinion.:goodvibes

Being a bit selfish, it needs a Star Wars themed land of rides, restaurants and attractions. In addition, Pixar place should be vastly expanded to become a sizeable land of its own with the same said rides, restaurants and attractions. In addition, bring more into the park of the old Hollywood feel found on its main street and characterized in The Tower of Terror and Great Movie Ride. With expansions to these three themes, I feel this park (Hollywood Studios) will become the park it was always meant to be! (My two cents) :thumbsup2

Completely agree!! :thumbsup2 There is SO much possibility in this park! So much of it is old and tired and desperately in need of updating. With Pixar and Star Wars you have endless possibilities for greatness!

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Why oh why do they spend their money building another resort?

Because they'll make more money out of it. TSM and Fantasmic attract enough people to DHS, and once the new Star Tours is up and running that's going to boost attendance as well.

DHS is my least favorite park, I do ToT, see Fantasmic and I'm out. If we want to do lunch at Sci-Fi and don't have hoppers, then we're stuck in that park with pretty much nothing to do except shop (I'll give that to DHS, the shops are awesome).

I'd get rid of Indy, I actually fell asleep there and it was my first time seeing it. They could do so much more with the space! Same for Backlot Tour which is completly useless now since the studios aren't really operating anymore. GMR needs an update, keep some of the classics but add a few more recent ones so that the under-30 riders actually have a clue what they're looking at. Muppets need an update as well.

I would love for them to do a ride somewhat like the Simpsons over at US, and use Disney Channel actors in it. Land into the Tipton, or surf with Hannah Montana, stuff like that.

I seriously think this would be DH's favourite park if there were just more to do there. And many of the attractions lose a lot of their appeal once you've already seen them (we did Indy once and that was enough for us, especially since so much of the show is about choosing people from the audience and we all know how that turns out)

not a huge Star Wars fan - I haven't even seen all of the movies - but I'd definitely eat in the restaurant from the original movie over many of the others. And I'd at least try any new attraction.

One of the things we really liked about Universal's WWoHP was that you don't have to do the ride to see the inside of the castle. WDW could definitely do more of this and I for one would like to tour the Hollywood Tower Hotel without doing the ride.

I love all of the suggestions, but here's some more...
Do something with Streets of America so I don't have to wander aimlessly wondering what there is to do there. They could shoot silent movies (a film era that is totally ignored) or have a KP-like adventure through there based on National Treasure, one of my favourite Dis movies. The KP adventures added another layer to Epcot for our family that lets us all enjoy that park much much more.

The other area that is totally neglected is music - and American Idol really doesn't fill that void. No way I want to spend an hour watching people try out, and even though my DH is a musician he has no interest in trying out himself.

I'd love to see an attraction where people can dress up and have photos taken in scenes from their favourite movies - it doesn't take that much space but things like that are a huge hit where we live.

And I have to agree with the studios needing the studios - doesn't need to be a huge production - even music videos would work for me. We did the backlot tour in Feb. and it was kind of pathetic how many times they had to say "and this is where we used to do....":headache:

There's a purpose behind dinoland that makes it easier to enjoy and understand. You may ultimately still decide to hate it, but at least it will be an informed decision.

Chester and Hester are an elderly couple who owned the gas station that became the Dinoland gift shop. When the first fossil was found in the Boneyard, the Dino Institute opened up just down the road from their gas station and the surrounding area instantly started drawing in tourists. Chester and Hester capitalized on the area's new found popularity by opening "Chester and Hester's Dinorama", a tacky run-of-the-mill tourist trap park with quickly built rides and carnival games. They created two characters to serve as mascotts of Dinorama, and named them after themselves. Their gas station also expanded into a large touristy gift shop specializing in Dino-everything.

You can still see the original gas pumps and old-style cocacola vending machine out back behind the gift shop.As time went on, they realized there was more money in selling souvenirs than gas, so they stopped the gas business, but continued with their souvenir shop. They are the only business that didn't sell out to the Dino Institute.

If you look closely, you'll see that the rides are in a parking lot and the highway goes through the area.

Here's a great link that explains it all. As they say in this article, "The backstory behind DinoLand U.S.A. is one of the most elaborate and complex Disney has ever constructed. And once you know it, it’s like someone has turned a light on, and you can finally see why everything is the way it is." Enjoy!

http://seeyarealsoon.com/2010/02/26/dinoland/

Okay, you got me! Love the story of Dinoland and now see it in a brand new light. Can't wait to get there and explain it all to my DH and DK's this summer. thanks for taking the time to share it!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter