Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I mis-remembered and am definitely starting to get off the Poly Train. It's less of a ratio of Duo Studios to total points at the resort than RIV's Tower studios to total points at the resort.

AND we'll likely get preferred views too. I don't know how interested I am in competing over 10-15 of the cheapest rooms in a pool of 8 million points anymore...
It’s taking so long that I’m definitely feeling the excitement wearing off, and the reality of some of the potential challenges are keeping me from running out and buying more poly points. I think I want to see it up and running, and check out the logistics. I don’t want to compete for the pool, the monorail, the bookings. I’d be much happier in the peace and tranquility at Riviera.

I am probably in the minority, but I would be tempted by a Poly Resort Studio (aka hotel room) with 2 dedicated beds.
In a studio we’d prefer 2 real beds (one of which could be a murphy bed) and a 3rd (real but small) bed— if we’re in a studio we don’t plan to use the kitchen much.

Editing to clarify—we’d prefer the ability to sleep 5 people in three distinct beds OVER having a tiny kitchen/kitchenette…existing poly studios meet our needs well though.

I think I want to see it up and running, and check out the logistics. I don’t want to compete for the pool, the monorail, the bookings.
100% this. Poly seems to have a lot more unknowns that will only be resolved with time. It’s more than the points chart/room mix - it’s about how the resort will operate and feel in reality.

If I was confident that I’d like the new combined Poly as much as I’ve enjoyed the current version, I’d be buying resale asap.

Love it!

One thing I'm realizing: I've sort of internalized the belief that they will have a TPV category as distinct from a Lake view, but is there anything published by DVC that hints at that, or is it speculation?

The Poly is so far away from MK, that even at those higher floors its hard to justify a TPV designation in my mind, relative to what you get at BLT or VGF. Maybe if they throw in some high-powered binoculars with each reservation??

Thinking about it, they may use different terms, but I still believe they will have three view categories.

Maybe it will be:

Standard View

Water View (for views of the pool and views of the lake from the bottom 2 or 3 floors)

Premium View (for higher floors viewing the lake and fireworks)

Technically, you could fit all of the expected room types on a single Point Chart pdf without having to change the existing format. It would be busy, but you basically just have to add two columns (for Longhouse Studios + Bungalows) to the RIV point chart (which includes TS, S, 1, 2, and GV).

Here's a mock-up:
1712328825052.png

Technically, you could fit all of the expected room types on a single Point Chart pdf without having to change the existing format. It would be busy, but you basically just have to add two columns (for Longhouse Studios + Bungalows) to the RIV point chart (which includes TS, S, 1, 2, and GV).

Here's a mock-up:
View attachment 848396
I feel like you couldn’t leave it as 1 or 2 bedrooms because while it may seem obvious there are no 1 or 2 bedrooms in the longhouses, I can still see people making that request/complaining about getting the tower.

I feel like you couldn’t leave it as 1 or 2 bedrooms because while it may seem obvious there are no 1 or 2 bedrooms in the longhouses, I can still see people making that request/complaining about getting the tower.
Fair -- I'm not married to any of these particular names, just wanted to demonstrate that they could all actually fit on the single-page point charts they use, if they wanted to keep with that structure.

Fair -- I'm not married to any of these particular names, just wanted to demonstrate that they could all actually fit on the single-page point charts they use, if they wanted to keep with that structure.

It does seem to fit, but it would be awful small...especially for us who need reading glasses....LOL

But if you add a name for the tower and just add it to the 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms so people know those are only in the tower, it could work!

Here's a mock-up:
View attachment 848396
^This is spot on. We can sit here and debate all day about potential names of studios and number of points needed for a week, but I think it's a stone cold lock that DVC will merge the points charts to stay consistent with other associations' points chart formats, and DVC will find a way to very clearly identify the difference between 3 types of studios and their respective booking categories.

Last edited:
^This is spot on. We can sit here and debate all day about potential names of studios and number of points needed for a week, but I think it's a stone cold lock that DVC will merge the points charts to stay consistent with other associations' points chart formats, and DVC will find a way to very clearly identify the difference between studios and their respective booking categories.
What consistency or is Jambo and AKV outliers?

What consistency or is Jambo and AKV outliers?
Good question - so Animal Kingdom is odd. Jambo and Kidani share the exact same points chart, but on the DVC website it essentially shows both as different options - alluding to it being different points charts. Even when you click into the Jambo/Kidani points charts, and then examine the pdf links, both are the exact same link.

1712340441682.png

Last edited:
Good question - so Animal Kingdom is odd. Jambo and Kidani share the exact same points chart, but on the DVC website it essentially shows both as different options - alluding to it being different points charts. Even when you click into the Jambo points chart, and then examine the pdf link, both are the exact same link.

View attachment 848505
I didn't realize this! You do book them separately -- so you know which lobby to go to, which restaurants are closer, etc. -- but they do share the same point chart document.

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...log/resorts/dvc-resorts/2025-AKV-11.17.23.pdf

100% this. Poly seems to have a lot more unknowns that will only be resolved with time. It’s more than the points chart/room mix - it’s about how the resort will operate and feel in reality.

If I was confident that I’d like the new combined Poly as much as I’ve enjoyed the current version, I’d be buying resale asap.
This. How the resort will operate and feel in reality after this huge addition of rooms are added to it. Time will tell.

This. How the resort will operate and feel in reality after this huge addition of rooms are added to it. Time will tell.
Do we even know how many restaurants/bars/lounges are being added? I believe I read here recently that some of the mothballed structures are showing signs of life recently?

I really have no clue. They may be able to do more with it than I think. Who knows?
I’m still hoping for a lounge, restaurant, or bar on a high floor—but I suspect the math did not pencil out for Disney, versus what they could clear on a premium view unit. Still, maybe a rooftop terrace tiki bar with dedicated elevator? They could charge a ton for the right to sip a mai tai while watching the fireworks.

Hoping there is a good quantity of activities in the Tower to help relieve the crowding at the Great Ceremonial House.
I think the transportation is going to be an issue as well. Disney is really good at moving massive amounts of guests, so hoping they have something up their sleeve.

Hoping there is a good quantity of activities in the Tower to help relieve the crowding at the Great Ceremonial House.
It would be fun if they had story telling or something for the kids in the large windowed areas. Since they have a splash area in the shape of a manta ray, maybe tell them about Aumakua and their importance in the movie Moana.

I’m still hoping for a lounge, restaurant, or bar on a high floor—but I suspect the math did not pencil out for Disney, versus what they could clear on a premium view unit. Still, maybe a rooftop terrace tiki bar with dedicated elevator? They could charge a ton for the right to sip a mai tai while watching the fireworks.

While a rooftop restaurant or lounge would provide an outstanding experience and view, it is probably not in their plans. Just look at the issues that DVC has had over the years with the rooftop lounge at BLT. The logistics would be just as bad, due to no room for a full kitchen up there (just like BLT).

Also, I would not want to be in one of the villas one floor below a busy restaurant or lounge. lol

On the other hand, a concierge lounge might be the perfect fit. Which means DVC will not do it. lol

Some Quality themed activities would be nice, but I am kind of hoping for a more laid back environment around the new tower and pool. Leave the busy and loud activities for the main pool and GCH, as that is what they were designed for. Yes, I know the GCH can get very busy, but the new tower just will not have the room to help. A look at the first floor plans released with permit requests last year show it will have, at the most, a very small lobby area, a quick serve restaurant, an outdoor pool bar, and maybe a small store. The rest of the first floor is taken up by some villas on the north end, and backstage areas for the kitchen, housekeeping, management, etc.

I heard rumors that there may be some changes coming to the Tangaroa Terrace building. It used to be a restaurant that featured an oriental buffet, but it closed almost 30 years ago. The space is now used for weddings, meetings, and other events. Maybe it will be updated to help more with activities or even become a buffet restaurant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter