Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would it be unexpected if the 1 bedroom in the new Tower are assessed points that are equal to what 2 studios of the current point chart are?

No, that's about what I expect, at least if they do indeed fold it into the existing PVB association. It's fairly consistent with historic trends. I did an analysis of this a few pages ago (and I think somebody else produced their own hypothetical point chart on the next page, too!)

Historically, a Standard-view 1BR has been a bit more than 2x the price of a Studio. It varies by resort - from a low of 93% at BLT to a high of 134% at BWV -- but averages 107%. RIV and VGF are higher, at 114%. I think 110% is a reasonable estimate here.

1712251140405.png

I don't think Disney will ever block access to resort dining from outside guests. The Poly DVC kiosk is in a prime spot on your way to Captain Cook's, Trader Sam's, or the stairway to Kona, 'Ohana, and Tambu. If one guest tours the new tower after drinking an "Uh-Oa" Disney will be very happy! There is also no way Poly restaurants will fill with Poly only guests. Imagine the Luau before the tower? I know plenty of Poly guests that never attended. The Luau would make the GCH a wall of people. It also cluttered the monorail station with people heading to MK to get a bus back to their resort.

I could see Disney leaving certain cars on the monorail closed/empty at prior stations if it truly becomes a problem. Upgraded boat service and dedicated busses will also help. I am probably in the minority, but if I was staying in the tower I would honestly just walk to MK via GF. Walking is my preferred transportation type at WDW. It's also easy with assistive devices and strollers. I've rolled back on the monorail, waited too long for the boat, and stood on busses way too many times to count.
Yes! I walk from BWV to Hollywood Studios; I walk from MK to the TTC via GF and Poly (prior to the path being closed for the Tower construction); and I walk through Caribbean Beach Resort to get to Primo Platto because I don’t care for the skyliner.

Whaaaat really? I can understand if they’re a bit terrifying for people but I think the skyliner is so pretty! It always feels pretty magical to see floating gondolas all over the place, feels so Disney!
I don't dislike the Skyliner. It's just a very common sight for me. There is a Doppelmayr Omega skilift (same type as the Skyliner) starting 300 feet behind my house.
The monorail is a rarity. It was a novelty when it started and - as it hasn't become more popular as a means of transportation - still is. It feels uniquely Disney to me.

There are people who use the monorail to park up from Epcot to MK. And then take it back at nights end to pick up car.

I just don’t see them adding staff to monitor it. I think what we will see if more options to get from Poly to MK outside of the monorail and that guests at the tower might naturally choose those.
I saw on the Sponsors YouTube show last week that Disney has ordered or has received 60 new buses. I wondered if some might be for Poly tower and GF. When I was at poly in March, each time we arrived in a bus at the GF, sometimes there were only a few seats left.

I saw on the Sponsors YouTube show last week that Disney has ordered or has received 60 new buses. I wondered if some might be for Poly tower and GF. When I was at poly in March, each time we arrived in a bus at the GF, sometimes there were only a few seats left.
I thought the new buses were to replace the existing ones. I agree that more buses and/or dedicated GF and Poly buses are needed. Combining the two resorts results in overcrowded buses.

I thought the new buses were to replace the existing ones. I agree that more buses and/or dedicated GF and Poly buses are needed. Combining the two resorts results in overcrowded buses.
I believe the new busses are intended to replace the older ones. The new ones have capacity for more ECV’s.

While it doesn’t look like it, maybe they will find a way to have a dedicated bus to MK from the new tower?

Plenty of guests might decide to do that vs walking over to GCH to go to the monorail?

Even if these buses are for the first hour or two of the day and then again at closing?
Yep! Not sure why they'd balk at that. It's a no-brainer...
Easiest & least expensive solution, even as a temporary fix.

I’d say about the same, even a bit faster, if you take into account the walking and then waiting for a train.

I bet it would be less than 10 minutes to pick up and drop off.
I have never tried that route by bus but I’m constantly shocked at how long the buses take from YC to BC or BC to BW when it’s such an easy walk along the lake… so I didn’t know if there were close roads or it would involve a major detour.

I have never tried that route by bus but I’m constantly shocked at how long the buses take from YC to BC or BC to BW when it’s such an easy walk along the lake… so I didn’t know if there were close roads or it would involve a major detour.

If it is a dedicated bus, it seems like it would be pretty quick, especially if the purpose is to not overload the monorail.

But, TBH, this, along with the association decision, has us writing this project off for purchase.

They used to run busses from the TTC to MK during peak periods on top of the boats and monorail. That could be an option as well.

Maybe hotel guests should be able to go to the top of the list or get somekind of reservation priority.
I’ve always thought hotel guests should have 60 day ADR windows at their resort and everyone else 30. A family’s once in a lifetime trip to Poly and they can’t get into Ohana? Guess what - it’ll still sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter