Linda & Dave's Wedding 6/21/11: WP/Off Property/Morocco;Wedding day:pre-ceremony pics

dmarieP is the name of the Etsy seller who did our invitations. I recommend her.

The iron on transfers weren't hard to do. I was super nervous because I have no DIY skill, but I didn't have any problems.

We had today off for yet another snow day. There's a chance for a delay tomorrow, more snow Sunday and more snow Tuesday. I'm starting to think Mother Nature doesn't want us to get married.

Good luck with the rest of your school year and the wedding planning!

Wow, I can't believe you had ANOTHER snow day!! That seriously sucks. I am sooo sick of this weather. Thank goodness we didn't have snow here, but it was so rainy and cold and icky :( I hope things will still work out for you... maybe Mother Nature will play nice and give you an absolutely gorgeous day for your wedding!

Thanks! I am hoping that Mother Nature pays me back with a beautiful wedding day; frankly, it's the least she can do.

There is no official word on the actual last day of school yet for several reasons, most of which are too complicated to get into here (contract issues, conflicts with our vo-tech school, etc.). However, someone told me today that she thinks our last day is going to be June 20, which is one day before the wedding. My principal is an ordained minister, so maybe he can marry us in the concrete courtyard at school. :rotfl:

Sigh. I just want things to go somewhat like I have planned. Oh, well. It is beyond my control.

Believe it or not, there is a possible Nor'easter in the forecast for Friday. I am trying not to think about it.

Instead, I shall focus on fun things, like my shower coming up on April 9th :) I am really looking forward to it. Since we are having such a small wedding, this will be a nice chance to celebrate with more people. Please don't flame me for not following etiquette of "Don't invite people to the shower that you aren't inviting to the wedding."

There are a few kids who will be there, including my niece and nephew, one of DF's nieces, my cousin's baby, and the toddler of one of my friends. DF and I made bags for each of the kids so that they have some things to play with at the shower. We got everything from the Dollar Tree and the dollar bins at Target. Here is a sample of the girls' bag:

WeddingPlansII005.jpg

Cinderella bride figurine (you should have heard my squeal of delight when DF found this!) and princess stampers

WeddingPlansII006.jpg

Princess diary and Cinderella play pack (stickers, coloring page)

WeddingPlansII007.jpg

Minnie Mouse coloring book, princess pencil, princess crayons and a sparkly princess bangle

WeddingPlansII008-1.jpg

I hope the girls enjoy them!

We got coloring books, stampers and some other things for the boys, but to be honest, it was more fun making up the girls' bags. DF was too cute hunting down princess items in the stores!

I will definitely post way too many pics from the shower next weekend!

Very cute, I love the kids' bags! I was at Michael's the other day and found boxes of crayons with Disney Princesses and Toy Story on them for a dollar each!

My wedding shower was today. What an amazing day! My mom, aunt and sister know how to put one of these things together. I felt so special and blessed with love. It was incredible. Here are a few (alright, more than a few) pics:

"Cake" made by my very own fairy godmother, my Aunt Margie
Weddingshower006.jpg

Chocolate chocolate chip cake with peanut butter icing made by friend Virginia
Weddingshower007.jpg

Yummy marble cake with buttercream icing!
Weddingshower386.jpg

Centerpieces
Weddingshower009.jpg

The favor-Cinderella carriage sugar cookies
Weddingshower004.jpg

One of the tables
Weddingshower385.jpg

Koi pond in the restaurant
Weddingshower010.jpg

Me and DF :love:
Weddingshower011.jpg

My mom had our shower invitation and wedding invitation framed
Weddingshower260.jpg

My mom, me, my sister, niece, aunt and grandmother
Weddingshower290.jpg

Me and DF. This is my new Facebook profile pic :)
Weddingshower291.jpg

Bride and groom ears!
Weddingshower360.jpg

And. . .
Me finding out that my parents got us Cinderella's carriage!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it!!!!! I was a blubbering mess. I am still in shock

Weddingshower367.jpg

My aunt put together this carriage and my mom wrapped it up with the picture of the carriage with a note on the back that said "To our princess with love, Queenie, King and Chula (the dog)

Weddingshower370.jpg

Awwww.....looks like you had a beautiful day! I love the framed invitations, and the coach for your wedding day ... what a wonderful surprise! :goodvibes

Your shower looks so amazing! Do you know where they got the centerpieces? And congrats on getting the coach for your wedding!

Awww, your shower looks awesome! How many people were there? They did a beautiful job decorating it and a lovely theme. And congratulations on getting the carriage, that is going to be so awesome on your wedding day!

Great pics!! The carriage is such a wonderful surprise!!! And love the framed invitations!! Everything looked wonderful!!

Awwww.....looks like you had a beautiful day! I love the framed invitations, and the coach for your wedding day ... what a wonderful surprise! :goodvibes

I could not have asked for a more beautiful shower. What an experience!

Your shower looks so amazing! Do you know where they got the centerpieces? And congrats on getting the coach for your wedding!

Thanks! My aunt made the centerpieces. The vases were glass that she painted white and then added a layer of glue and glitter. Then she sealed them. The coaches were made with foam pumpkins from Michael's that she did the same thing to. The wheels she found online and painted them white and added the little purple stubs. She created the doors out of silver sparkly paper and a wooden heart cut out and then added the knob. They rested on purple scrapbook paper with a lacey scrapbook paper overlay.

Awww, your shower looks awesome! How many people were there? They did a beautiful job decorating it and a lovely theme. And congratulations on getting the carriage, that is going to be so awesome on your wedding day!

Thanks so much! There were about 50 people there. My mom and aunt were amazing with the decorating.

Great pics!! The carriage is such a wonderful surprise!!! And love the framed invitations!! Everything looked wonderful!!

Thanks so much! I still can't believe it about the carriage. It's so unbelievably generous of them. My flower girl is pretty stoked, too :)

Awe!! :goodvibes

It looks like it was a beautiful day. Lots of smiles! Love the frame job. Big congrats on Cindy's Carriage!!!! I'm major jealous. :jumping1:

We are awaiting our final BEO from Tanis, but payment has been made. I want to walk down the aisle to "I See the Light" from Tangled, but Tanis wasn't sure they would have the sheet music yet since the movie was so new; however, she has confirmed that they have it, so our music is finalized:

Groom's and Guys' Entrance
"If I Didn't Have You" from Monsters, Inc.

MOH and FG Entrance
"Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo"

Bride's Entrance
"I See the Light"

Sand Ceremony
"When You Wish Upon a Star"

Recessional
"Married Life" from Up

We are in the process of doing the marriage license via mail with Brevard County; it's been great so far. I recommend it

DF got me the Cinderella cake topper I wanted :lovestruc

I think that's it for now.

We are awaiting our final BEO from Tanis, but payment has been made. I want to walk down the aisle to "I See the Light" from Tangled, but Tanis wasn't sure they would have the sheet music yet since the movie was so new; however, she has confirmed that they have it, so our music is finalized:

Groom's and Guys' Entrance
"If I Didn't Have You" from Monsters, Inc.

MOH and FG Entrance
"Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo"

Bride's Entrance
"I See the Light"

Sand Ceremony
"When You Wish Upon a Star"

Recessional
"Married Life" from Up

We are in the process of doing the marriage license via mail with Brevard County; it's been great so far. I recommend it

DF got me the Cinderella cake topper I wanted :lovestruc

I think that's it for now.

Yay for finalizing music! We are having "I See the Light" for our unity candle ceremony and I was waiting to see if they had the sheet music too and my WP got back to me too!

Thanks for the comments about music! I was originally going to walk down the aisle to "When I Wish Upon a Star" or "Storybook Love" from the Princess Bride, but when DF and I saw Tangled, I started crying during that part of the movie. I found a beautiful instrumental version on Youtube, and I knew that was what I wanted to walk down the aisle to. I was crushed when I thought there was a chance they wouldn't have it, but very relieved that they in fact do have the music available!

We got our final BEO yesterday and all looks good. The only thing that kind of annoys me is that because we are providing our own sand ceremony and cake cutting items, we have to have a guest set it up for us. I think that's a little ridiculous, but I guess we have to play by Disney rules. We've asked DF's sister to do it for us, and as a thank you, we bought her one of the Disney Dooney & Burke Sketch wristlets. I have not seen any changes made to our floral proposal yet, and that wasn't included with our BEO. I guess I have to ask about that.

Just caught up on this a little...

THEY GOT YOU THE CARRIAGE?!?!?! THAT IS SO SWEET!!!!!!! I love them so much for you :) :) :)

and good song selections btw!

It's a shame that you have to have a guest set those things up, but I'm sure that people are more than willing to help you! And it was super nice of you to get her a gift, too. Your wedding is so close now! Exciting! :goodvibes

It's a shame that you have to have a guest set those things up, but I'm sure that people are more than willing to help you! And it was super nice of you to get her a gift, too. Your wedding is so close now! Exciting! :goodvibes

It is shocking how close the wedding is getting! I have a countdown widget on my phone, and sometimes it sends me into a near panic (but a good panic, I guess :) )

I just made reservations for dinner at CRT the Wednesday of our second week! I can't believe that I was able to get anything this close to the actual trip. I was willing to take whatever was available, but I actually got 6:40 pm, which isn't a bad time. I'm very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter