Lindas Journal - 2-29-2008.. BEWARE EDIETS!!

Hey Linda~
First of all, tell C to kiss your butt!!!
Obviously she's never had anything wrong with her, and is an insensative oaf!! I would have told her to take her fake #!&$ and shove off!! People like that irritate the crap out of me! I know it hurt your feelings, but understand that some people just don't get it....ignorance is bliss!!

I don't know about all these studies, and workout more or less things....I think you should try it for a while and see how you feel. I'm not the one to ask because obviously I haven't been working out, and I haven't been cutting back on my calories either!

Linda, you are a strong, independent woman and I think if you set your goal to lose 2 pounds a week for a year, then you will do it!! 2 pounds x 52 wks is 104 lbs!! Just think....new wardrobe for chirstmas next year!!!
Also, 2 pounds a week is a nice slow, steady loss, and you will be more apt to keep it off!
Oh, and don't expect everyone to notice right away...but when they do, be ready for the compliments!!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out with the Kev band thing...you got my number!!

love ya girl~hang in there~& to hell with the rest of them!!
marie :upsidedow

I agree with Marie, C is just too busy thinking about herself to consider what she is saying to you. I know it is frustrating, but don't let her (or anyone else) get to you.

Losing weight And Keeping It Off is a MAJOR struggle. That is why there are books, videos, weightloss gurus, Forums, etc all on the same subject. If it wasn't difficult we'd all have gone our separate ways by now. We all struggle and we all struggle in different ways and with different stages of the weight loss.

I think that what you are saying makes a lot of sense. We have to cut calories, but not to such and extreme level that we can't maintain it. We have to exercise, but also that has to be maintainable. I think that your plan to eat 1500-1600 calories is good. You'll have to reduce the calories gradually as you lose the weight too. Also I would suggest doing what you can to move toward more whole foods/unprocessed foods whenever possible. I think half of what is wrong with us today is all the junk they put in our "healthy" processed foods.

I was reading something about exercise earlier this week that kind of clicked for me, too. It was an article about 3 different people who found exercise that they can be passionate about and get into. I think that is really the key to health and weight loss over the long haul. You can drudge along on the treadmill/stairmaster/weight machines/etc, but it is when you really want to be out there doing whatever it is and giving it your all that it starts to really work. The examples was a guy who does triathlons, a woman who joined a rowing team, and a woman who found she likes the aerobic classes so much that she became a part-time instructor. I don't know what that "magic" exercise is for you and me? But maybe that is what we should be searching for? I did really enjoy my kickboxing class I used to take, and it made me want to teach it. Anything that you have always wanted to try? Or done in the past that seemed fun?

Oh, yeah, you're kicking my butt in the exercise challenge :cool1:

Hang in there!! :cheer2: We Love YOU No Matter What!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks you all! I am a strong person, but every once in a while I forget that for just a sec! Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it.:)

Amber, my exercise of choice has always been bike riding. Before I had Kev I rode almost every day. I lived in the city and rode all over. I even rode my bike to buy a new car once.:lmao: Let me tell you, when you do that they dont take you seriously at all! When kev was about 2 months old I got a seat for the back of it and rode around with him. I had a lil nino helmet for him, which was made for babies. I did that until he was about 2. Then he kept goosing me in the behind and it just got too dangerous. Out here the roads are just too dangerous for bike riding. I could only do it in my neighborhood, which would basically just be around a circle. I have tried it, but its really boring. I might try it again. At one piont I had this fantasy about going on one of those cycling vacations in new england.

I am going to continue with the stairmachine and treadmill for now I guess. I plan to go back to the gym soon too. I dont have time right now, my only day off this week is tomorrow. And I am cooking so it will be bad. I will try to figure out the calories just for fun!

Food today.
B- hard boiled egg and cheese- 150
L- beans and rice=270
S- pudding-90
S- cheese-140
D-pizza (homemade)-440
S-pretzels-120
thats 1210 so far

I will have a slimfast milk mix later- 200

and a v8 70 cuz I didnt have any veggies ok thats 1480

Heres what I have for tomorrow (bad)
I bought a smoked turkey breast from Jucys (local bbq) soooo good
green beans
green salad
dressing
mashed potatos
corn casserole (paula deen recipe)
smoked mac n cheese
pumpkin pie

I am NOT exercising today. I did my 5 days this week and I am trying to give myself the time off I need as well. This is really hard for me. Sound like I'm lying, but it is. I think instead I will get some dumbells and do a teeny bit of weight training instead.

:hippie:

I figured my calories for today.:lmao:

We got up around 9:30 and started cooking stuff. I had a slimfast to make sure I didnt eat while cooking. It worked too.

So it was B- slimfast 200
L- smoked turkey -96
stuffing-220
mac nc cheese-210
corn cassrerole-130
green beans- 27
mashed potatos-110

D-same except no corn casserole plus double mac n cheese

S- pumpkin pie- 316

Grand total 2182

Good to know.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I did my 20 mins exercise. I have to work tomorrow so i need to get some rest.

nite

Your Thanksgiving dinner sounded good. Way to go getting in your exercise too! :cool1:

You probably have to work, but have a good weekend anyway! :goodvibes

I do have to work, fri-wed, but then I get thurs and fri off this week. I hope to have time to get my car washed so I can trade it in! The next 3 weeks I only get 1 day off a week, but I did get christmas day off, and the saturday before christmas.

I have done my 20 mins sat, sun and mon so far this week. I have done a crappy job counting tha cals tho. Leftovers and such. It is one week later and I still weigh 216, tho I was down to 215 last wed. So I gained, but I am still down 1 pound so I will be ok with that. 1 pound per week.

I have not bought a single gift yet! When am I gonna do this? beats me.

nite, got a 5 am wake up

Well I was dreaming about getting anything done this weekend. I dont know what I was thinking!

Wednesday was kevs b-day, so we had dinner and his GF brought him a cake. I got him guitar hero 3 for his xbox.

Thursday I had to get him stuff for his drumline audition, and then I had to take him for his driving permit test. That was hoot. He passed, but barely. He had this "deer in the headlights" look the whole time.:lmao:

then I took him to tailgate for the game with his grampi in louisville. Massive traffic jam , it took over an hour to get there. But we won! Go Cards!

Friday i took kev out of school early to drive him to tennessee for his audition. Took just under 5 hours. We got there way early (I forgot about central time). It was supposed to be at Bethel College. Well it was at a building they owned I guess, but not on the campus. If was like a converted store with a warehouse at the back. Anyway, they get space donated so they cant complain I guess. But they sleep on sleeping bags on the concrete floor! I knew they would be sleeping on the floor, but I was thinking carpet or gym floors, not concrete! And there is no cell phone service.

Anyway, I left him there and I hope hes ok. I also figured out its 300 miles, so I am putting 1200 miles on my car this weekend! and 140$ in gas. Holy Moly!

Anyway, I work tonite, and drive down there and pick him up tomorrow. The drives not bad, and its exactly 1 tank of gas so I dont have to stop til I get there.

BTW, I did my 20 mins 5 times this week, took off thurs and fri (well I kinda had to). And I'm 215. Which is ok.

Can't wait to hear how Kev's audition went. Tell him happy belated birthday for me too!

One of DH's friends brought over Guitar Hero (II and III I think) this weekend and it was a HUGE hit with all the guys! They played it All night!

You are doing a great job with your exercise! Keep up the good work!! And remember that slow weight loss is the best kind because it is easier to keep it off! Also, this time of year you're probably doing really well to just keep from gaining any :thumbsup2 with birthday cake and all the Christmas goodies coming up :scared:

Have a Great week!!

Wow, I havent posted all week! It was a doozy.

First of all, Kevs audition went well. He had fun and worked hard and he wasnt cut (at least not yet). He felt really good about it, and the instructor said good things to him.

The drive was hellish tho. I did good friday, got back around midnight, worked saturday, took the day off sunday and drove down and back. Horrible drive. Pouring rain. I was tense the entire time and I really felt sore like I had been beaten up all week. Pure exhaustion.

And work was busy, and we were short-staffed. (shocking, I know). I never had a moments peace all week. PLus extras of having to pick mom up at the airport and drive her home (to a different county) and get my dad to swap a car with me ( for kev to drive to practice on) again , in a different county. I bet I put 2000 miles on my car this week. seriously.

Food was pretty random this week. I didnt eat anything horrible, but crackers and salty food a lot. I think this caused a problem with blood pressure. I was at my moms after I picked her up and she has a blood pressure cuff thingy and I checked mine. Now first let me say, I was exhausted, and the cuff was too small for me. I check my pressure at home with a wrist thingy , and its usually ok. But this is what it was. I did it twice. Like 207/130. I know that its wrong, obviously (I would be dead), but it did freak me out a bit . Which I guess would make it worse.:lmao: Anyway, i am trying to cut those salty things out, and I am taking a diuretic for now.

I havent gotten all my exercise in, due to plain old time restraints. I got it in 3 days only, 20 mins. Oh well.

Food today was a bagel with cream cheese -430, slimfast-200, turkey lunchmeat-140, a burger-280, another slimfast 200. plus malomars-120, for 1370.

I really have to start having half a bagel..

I'm tired, so g'nite

I got my exercise in. My food was bagel and cream cheese -430 , slimfast-200, chicken and brown rice- 467, tuscan veggies-25 and cereal, 190, plus some sun chips,130. 1442 total

Gonna do some measurements. Thats gonna be scary!

nite

I didnt get any exercise in today. For food it was
nutrisystem pancakes (yes i still have some!)and sugar free syrup-145
cottage cheese-90
chicken and rice-467
tuscan veggies-25
pudding-80
turkey-105
slimfast-200
tomato soup-91
I snuck a tiny peice of fudge-91

thats 1294

Just a thought here. There was a plane crash saturday in our airspace. I was not working the aircraft, but was in the radar room when it happened. Small private plane, it was there, then it wasnt. Happened very fast.

Anyway, it turns out it was a 78 yr old Dr and his wife. At the risk of making some people mad, I just dont think a 78 yr old should be flying. I cant help it. I think at some point people need to realize that they do not have the capacity to do some things. I am not saying it was his fault, but I would bet that it was a factor. We are talking catastrophic failure of some type.

anyway, thats how I feel about it.

They interviewed his friends today, and they said things like, I would trust him to fly me anywhere. Things can suddenly happen to 78 yr olds. Heart attack, stroke, etc. What if that plane had hit someone on the ground? I know peolple will probably say something like, he died doing something he loved or something stupid like that. Well, maybe he did, but maybe his wife didnt and shes dead too.

Food today
pancakes w/ sugar free syrup-145
cottage cheese-90
cheese burger-280
tuscan veggies-25
pudding-90
grilled cheese sandwich- 200
slimfast-200

no exercise

food today so far
slimfast-200
cheeseburger-280
cottage cheese-90
pudding-90
2 slices pizza-416
turkey lunchmeat-105

1181 so far. I will add later

measurements
this is so hard! I really dont want to know:sad2:

bust-46
waist-41
hips-46
thigh-25

ok there it is. shocking:scared1:

I am surprised my hips are the same as my bust tho.

So I need to lose 10 inches on each or so I guess. Ha ha Its like I am wearing a thick parka!

I am proud of myself for doing it, I swear I havent in at least 20 years. I didnt even when I was thin.:confused3 I do remember having a 26 inch waist in college and thinking I was fat then tho!

Add 275 for total of 1456.

I did my exercise yesterday, and I will tonite as well. I was supposed to take my mom to dinner, but she isnt feeling well, so now I need to figure out what to do.

Food so far
toast and cream cheese-260
ham and cheese on whole wheat bun and chicken noodle soup-240, 140
3 cookies-150
so far- 790

GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I'm impressed by your measurement!! That's an hourglass figure!!! :hourglass
Keep up the good.....no....great work!! you are an inspiration....especially this time of year!!

Also, regarding the plane crash....sorry, but i agree with you!! I realize he may have been in perfect health, but something went wrong somewhere....:confused3

How's kev doin?

later tater!
marie-rie

Ha ha at hourglass figure!:lmao: More like mantle clock!

I had no idea what they were. Maybe this will help me.

Was bad today, took mom to cheddars for her b-day. I feel like I am gonna explode right now. I know I should exercise but I can t move. blech.

Maybe later. I think tomorrow I will do a liquid diet and see if I can make up for this a bit.

No freaking idea on the calories.

Hey, Linda!

I'm really proud of you for doing your measurements! I know it is hard, but it really helps to know where you are and where you want to go. I agree w/ Marie.. At least you have an hourglass figure. They say it is the worst when all of your fat is around your midsection and hips :goodvibes

You have been doing a great job of tracking your food and posting it! :cool1: Also looks like you have been doing pretty well w/ the actual foods you are eating. The perpetual challenge for all of us is getting in the extra fruit and veggies though :sad2: I struggle w/ this constantly!!

Keep up the good work! Just get your exercise in as often as you can! Every bit counts!

Have a great week!!

Hey, Linda! Just thought I would check in on ya. I bet you guys are crazy busy at work right now w/ everyone flying for the holidays! Hope it's going smoothly and not being too stressful.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter