Lindas Journal - 2-29-2008.. BEWARE EDIETS!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I have been so far behind, but I made it thru! Yes I was a grinch this year. No decorations. I have been working too much and I am pooped! I had to go in Monday and today (I did get christmas off.) I twasnt busy at all today (no UPS) so I got to leave about 1 1/2 hours early today (merry christmas ha ha ha)

Kevin flew by him self for the first time last week, visiting his Big Brother in Kansas City. Stressed me out, but he had no problems. On his flight back on saturday he was 4 hours late tho, and had a "go-around" at st louis. Thats when a plane is landing and almost on the ground but pulls up and climbs and circles around to try again. Kind of scary because it was wind-shear. Kevin wasnt scared but I was stressing because I was at work and was watching it on the radar and saw there were level 5 storms at st louis when he was supposed to be landing.

anyway, I have only gained 1 pound this week, which I figure to be ok, so I plan to get started again in a couple of days.

I have 3 days off!!!!

:hippie:

I really wanted to feel better on my 3 days off. I am so tired that all my muscles hurt (not from exercise, just hurting).

I really need a vacation.

BTW , I bought a ipod nano for myself for christmas. Kev is going to program some music and videos for me (his present to me)

Blah.

Hope ya feel better!
I'm ready for a new year....how about you!?

Have a great new years...be careful if you go out...if you're like me...you'll be in bed by 10!!

later tater!
marie

Well, i'm better now! But yesterday was hell. I woke up and could barely move, my muscles hurt so bad. Icalled my mom crying and she came over to take me to the dr. but in the meantime I got in the shower and when I got out, power-puked for about 10 minutes. Sooooo gross! Actually burned my throat TMI I know. Anyway, I was too sick to goto the dr. I couldnt move. Just stayed in bed in held my stomach all day. I didnt eat all day, but I managed a couple of aspirin and a few sips of sprite. Had to cancel our christmas dinner with mom (we had it today).

Anyway, woke up today and I was fine. Alittle shaky, but not sick. So, that was seriously weird, and I hope you guys dont get it. The hint is the really sore muscles, if you get that, beware.

But anyway, I think it countered any weight gain I had this week. :lmao:

Kevin programmed my nano for me. He set up his Itunes account with a "Mom" section and put some music and videos on there and showed me how to drag stuff there and click on it to load it. So I have "love actually" on it and it is so cool! I feel like I'm Judy Jetson!!!!!:rotfl2:

This year my family was supposed to do books, cds or dvds for christmas. I got a blood pressure monitor and a self-help book. (other things too of course). I think they may be worried about me. It hard to be the only fatty in a family of beautiful people!

nite yall

212. Thats puts me 2 weeks behind. Should be 210 by now.

New Years Resolutions.

1. Go to Dr this week for blood pressure. Its out of control.
2. Schedule appointment for endocrinologist for diabetes to see if I need medication now.
3. Work up to exercise 30 min per day moderate 5 times per week.
4. Take measurements monthly.
5. Lose 1 pound per week.
6. Keep up with my journal entries.

I was gonna add a bunch of stuff about cleaning my house and organizing my stuff, but I think I will try to just start here.

Hey, Linda!

Happy New Year!!

Your resolutions look really good!!! I think it is great that you put the health/doctor ones first. I think it is most important to take care of your health first and foremost.

I am thinking of joining the Biggest Loser challenge on the WISH boards. You might want to join it also for some added motivation:confused3

Also if the blood pressure is high check out the DASH diet (just google that). It has a menu and meals to help get your BP down. DH did it for awhile and it really helped him. A lot of it is cutting back on salt.

I think all of your resolutions are very doable! :cheer2: I know you can do it!!

Hope you have a good New Year's Eve!!

Thanks Amber! I read your new journal! Way to go joining the biggest loser challenge.

I had to get up early today for work, but I didnt get hardly any sleep last night because I was waiting for Kev to get home. So I came home and took a nap.

Not too good food today. I had a ham sandwich and leftover stuffing. And some krispy kreme doughnuts. Ok, I am not officially starting until I go to the Dr on thurday tho.

I have been reading up on side effects for high blood pressure medicine and quite frankly, it made me cry. Sounds like I will feel worse not better! In any case, I am not just going into the dr and saying.....give me whatever. I am going in with specific requirements. And I will ask to change it if it doesnt feel right. I have to be strong on this because I am not good at drs. At all.

A kinda nice, kinda odd thing happened at work today. I am one of the oldest there (46 is ancient in ATC world) and a couple of the younger guys I work with kinda diss me a bit occassionally. Not a big deal, I have been there forever and I know the score, and dish it out a lot myself. But when I was having issues with evil supervisor these guys were definitely not on my side, if you know what I mean. They have over time come to see I was pretty much spot-on about the guy and have been nicer to me. Anyway, they actually pulled me aside today to say they enjoyed working with me and will miss me this year since they are changing to different days off and we wont be working together anymore. I know, thats a tiny little thing, but it was enough of a positive vibe to make me feel pretty good!

nite

ps, part of my new year will involve going back to the Y. I am paying for it, after all.

I decided to try to figure out how much water I'm drinking. I drink water all day so I thought I was good. However I read that I am supposed to be drinking 1/2 my weight in ounces. So that would be 106 ounces per day. Thats more than I have. I tested on wednesday and I am drinking 9 glasses or so, thats 72 ounces. 34 ounces short. So I will work on that.

I didnt get to the dr today. I will try tomorrow. I slept until 12:45! So i will have to run all my errands tomorrow.

I also didnt get to the gym. Not doing to good yet am I?

I am reading a book called eat, pray. love. Its really good.

Okay I went to the Dr. What a pain in the beut. I was there for hours and I swear, It was like the guy was p-o-ed at me for bothering him. I went in and said I had high blood pressure and needed it checked. He asked, why do I think its high. how long has it been that way, and about a million other questions. I answered of course, but he really seemed miffed. And when I aske him about meds he seemed to get irritated too. Dont i get to ask questions? Arent I supposed to? And I told him I have trouble swallowing pills and that irked him too. I mean, I cant take the medicine if I cant swallow pills so they need to be small. He told me I could just cut them, but its a capsule so I cant.

Also, before I did this I asked my boss how to time it so I dont have to miss work. I was going to start taking them on monday, and do office work for a few days, and then be back to work on saturday. That way no one has to work short, or be denied leave on the weekend because of me. Well my boss said I didnt need to do that since I hadnt lost my medical certificate, I could just get the medicine and get a good reading, and work. Well, he was wrong, I took the medicine and called it in (we have to call ALL meds in) and they IMMEDIATELY revoked my medical. So I have to take vacation days on saturday and sunday. And lose money. And if the big boss says so, MAYBE I can do office work on monday. I am so steamed. I mean, if I wanted to lose work time, I would do it at a better time, not in January! Ugh!

I am supposed to rest up and get another reading in the morning. I am so poed that I bet I cant pass it anyway!

oh well.

nite

Oh, Linda that stinks about work!! Don't let it get to you though! Just remember 3 years 2 months! That's not that long really :cheer2:

Ok, I mean it now go here: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf
and do at least some of what it says!! pirate: You can lower your blood pressure with diet and exercise. You may need meds to help you on your way, but then you should be able to come off of them. You already exercise regularly most of the time, so that part is easy. But maybe your salt is too high? or some other component. You also have a high stress job... what about some yoga classes? Do they have those at the Y?

Also sounds like you need to get a NEW Doctor!! Don't let him treat you like that! Doctors can be jerks ( I worked for a few), but you can change doctors and find one that is not a jerk. There are good ones out there, you just have to keep looking til you find a good one :thumbsup2

And what is this about paying for the Y and not going ?!? I'm getting it in gear and I'm gonna get you in gear too!! So get out there and get moving!

See ya soon! :hippie:

thanks for the advice Amber. I actually already went to that website when you posted it before. Unfortunately in ATC world, they dont give you the time to solve this that way. I dont mean that I cant do that, I just have to take the medicine and get it down fast. If I cant work, they can just well, fire me. And once I am on meds, I cant get off them. Not without many many months of paperwork. But like you said, I only have 3 years! So I can be on them for that long, and try to get off them after.

I was really just mad because my supe told me I could do it this way, and they wouldnt let me. I talked to him today, and he said thats not the way they did him, and he thinks they were wrong and he was right. Unfortunately, I already took the time off, so who knows??? Makes my head hurt.

Went to see National Treasure today. It was fun. And I got a wee little bit of cleaning done. baby steps.

Should I log my BP? 153/111 ok I know thats not good but it was 195/121 on friday so its going down. lowest last night was 150/96

Food today. I wasnt trying but here it was

cereal w/ milk, hot dog nuggets and water at the movies (no Idea on the cals) ham n swiss sandwich for dinner on whole wheat (I found skinny bread! you know those slices that are 1/2 the reg size?) Kevin made choc. chip cookies so I had 3. I think I may have a glass of milk later.

nite yall. I have to go to work tomorrow and wander around pretending to do stuff.:goodvibes

Just a quickie to put down food so far today
special K cereal 110 sodium 100 cals
slim fast 255 sodium 200 cals
6 wings -1239 sodium 471 cals
another slimfast 255 sodium 200 cals

I didnt know the wings would be that much sodium. I am not positive thats right because these are the new kfc ones that dont have sauce, so i will check and see if thats right.

Okay I looked up regular fried and battered wings and they have 15 mg per piece so thats 12 times more for hot wings. I will keep looking for the no sauce info. Somewhere in- between prob.

Okay the kfc site says 740 sodium for hot wings, not sure if thats the new or not. So thats for five, so 888 for 6.

I forgot to say I did take a walk yesterday, but nothing today.

Yesterdays BP was 146/85 and todays was 140/90. I need one more good one (those are good enough) to go back to working traffic. Boy were they pee-ed at me at work too. Yesterday they were 4 people short and today 3 people short. Now its not my fault, I am only 1 person, but they asked several times today can I work yet.

Food today was bad. I thought I would be able to get lunch out today when I left to get my BP reading at the DR., but it took too long, so I had to skip lunch. So I ate a pack of cheese crackers at work. Then when I got home I had the leftover wing pieces (4) and later I had a ham and turkey wrap. I want some milk later too. No idea on cals or salt, seems like it would be bad tho.

I am extremely tired. Not sure if its the meds, could be. Of course I had to get up at 4 , so I would be tired anyway, it just feels HEAVIEER somehow.

nite

Hey, Linda! Glad to see that your BP is coming down some! :hug: I think it is a good idea to log your BP and sodium intake. Sometimes it is hard to know how much sodium is in things, but the more you track it the better you get at guesstimating.

Good job getting in the walk yesterday! Keep it up!

BTW, you haven't mentioned DCI lately. Is Kevin still trying to get on or did he make the team?

Have a GREAT WEEK!!! Try not to let work stress you out :thumbsup2

BTW, you haven't mentioned DCI lately. Is Kevin still trying to get on or did he make the team?

I drove him down to tennessee yesterday. He doesnt know if he made it yet, there are still auditions. I think this is a big cut weekend, so hopefully he is doing well. He was kind of nervous, since this is the weekend the former members who auditioned for level one corps and were cut will come back. So at least he will know how many of those there are and how many spots are really open. Last time they had 35 people trying for 7 spots, but as former members come back, that will shrink.

I am still taking it easy, I got qualified to work again, and worked on wednesday for a while. Today I will be back to normal shift work. I want to start back exercising, but I think I will work for a few days and make sure everythings ok. The drs want me to go get blood work, but I dont want to. One thing at a time.

BP this morning was 135/90.

hey LInda....just getting caught up on a few journals...
Hope you're feeling better these days....blood pressure looks like it's going down...so that is good. Take it easy...but...and this is just my opinion....go ahead and get the blood work done....get it out of the way....and get back to ....."normal".

Good luck to Kev...hope he made the cut!

marie :3dglasses

Kevin didnt get cut this week, but he didnt get offered a contract either. So we are still in limbo are far as that goes. He thinks he will be offered in some capacity, but not neccesarily snare. He might be on bass. He's ok with that.

Thanks for stopping by , marie, good to hear from you!:)

I just ordered a weeks supply (well 5 days actually) from ediets. They have a weekly delivery service now for 99$ for the 5 day package. My plan is to try it and see if its good (I'm so picky) and then do slimfast the other 2 days. The food is supposedly fresh cooked, not packaged and I got so tired of the packaged stuff, so I am thinking this might be better. Some of it looks really good. Breakfast and snack is very limited tho. Snacks are gross, really. trail mix and granola. Yuck! So I am mostly ordering pudding for snack!

I will let you all know how it turns out. it was on special for 83$ the first week.

Bp 166/114. that sucks

I am buying a new car this week, so help me g-d. I really am. I ordered it on the internet cuz I am a happenin chick. :lmao:

2008_Civic_Hybrid_105.jpg

civic hybrid 45 MPG

Sending :wizard: pixiedust: to Kevin that he will make it!! Just making it this far in the process is a pretty big deal I think! :cheer2:

Good luck with the ediets. I'm not familiar with them :confused3 I'll have to look them up. Sounds interesting. Can you also supplement with some of your own snacks since theirs are crappy? Let us know how you like it.

OOHH!!! A HYBRID!!! :love: I want one a those!! DH is too cheap to let me get a New car yet though :sad2: we don't do too bad with the used ones though. I'll just live vicariously through you for awhile :thumbsup2 Do give details... color, extras, etc

Hope the BP gets under control soon. I don't know what advice to offer on that. maybe Breathe Deeply :rotfl:

Have a Great week!!

DH is too cheap to let me get a New car yet though :sad2:

:lmao: Yet another reason I am single!

I can supplement the ediet, but it looks like its supposed to be fruit or dairy, if I am reading this right. This is an experiment, to be sure. They have some good stuff on the site. They ask you questions for fitness, all kinds of stuff, including what equipment you have and then they design your fitness program using that info. So I did mine and for today it had me do 15 mins on the stairmachine. I know thats not much, but I think they took into consideration how fat I am and the hypertension, so anyway, I did my 15 mins. For tomorrow it has me doing strength with dumbbells and fitness bands.

Oh, and /amber, the breathe deep is as good advice as any I think! I have been trying that too~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter