Linda's New Goal:Wt.155 + pace 9:30 = DONALD 2011(Motivators welcome)

11 miles done yesterday in 1:45:34, a 9:34 pace.I am all alone out there with no obstacles or people, I am concerned my time will be thrown off by the crowd at the start- I know it is hard to find your pace for the 1st 4 miles or so for the non elite.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Wt=158, I have to say I have not been 100% accountable here.

Linda

Linda, Congrats on your time for the 11. That's a great pace. I may have missed it, but what time are you hoping for in the half?
I haven't run at Disneyworld yet, but yes, it does seem that the crowds play a major role. The good news is that they force you to run negative splits. I am planning on just taking it easy for those first miles and advancing through the crowd as the opportunities arise. Then, I'll step it up for the rest.

Going for 2:10 but hope to do better- I hope to make my way to the front of the corral??? Not sure if it possible but will try.The crowd kept me at a 12:00 min mile for a while-ugh, hope I can move around this year.Walkers,not all, but many were side by side all over the course instead of say staying to the right and it was hard to get through.I know in Runnersworld they have mentioned walkers and how it should be a rule- walkers on one side.

Linda

Well today is my 45 th birthday and I had the worst run of the year- the wind for one thing but then I set out to run 5 miles but quit at 3.5.I never do that! My knees were killing me, my legs felt like I was wearing cement shoes- what the heck? @ weeks away from the race and I can't do this now.

I have to say last night I had a pizza and Italian bread fest- I hope that is it.I have said sometimes pizza works for me but this time no.

Did great today on food- need to eat clean for the next 2 weeks.

Linda

Happy Birthday, Linda! :bday:

I know yesterday's run wasn't what you wanted it to be, but please don't be discouraged about it. :hug: You have been doing such a great job with all of your runs this year! :cheer2: You are rockin' the pace! :rockband:

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!:santa:

Thank you Tracy- Today's run went much better, 5 miles in 47:00, a 9:24 pace.Hate the wind though.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone!

Wt=158, Hope it lasts the next few days- doing good so far-HAHA!

Linda

WOW 10 days to go until we arrive at OKW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ran the full 13.1 today to prove to myself that I could pull the time I want to, even if I get stuck in the crowd at the start.This is a huge fear of mine because I have been beating my splits and did not want to let myself down at the actual race.

Ran 13.1 in 2:06:02, a 9:37 pace- my goal is a 9:30 pace.I hope the fact that it was very windy and snowing plus hills I won't have in Florida, slowed me a little.

Now we are in the middle of a blizzard- glad the LRs are over.

Linda

Hi Linda. Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Your training has been going very well and I think your pace is awesome. Yes, I would say that wind and hills slow you down a bit. I normally walk at a 13.5 mm, but Friday did 15 mm. :confused3 Then I realized that I was on a track where every 1/4 mile I walked up a very steep hill. Even though it felt like I was keeping pace, I wasn't.

I have a suggestion for the 1/2. Coming out of the shoot, lots of people (mainly men) head to the right woods line for a pit stop. :confused3 (Hello, there are portalets next to the corrals.) Anyway, maybe if you stayed on the left side of the group, there would be fewer people cutting in front of you going right. That is what I am going to try to do.

I agree that the walkers should stay to the right and not walk more than two abreast, but I don't think a lot of people understand races and the prodicol that goes along.

Congrats on running the 13.1 yesterday!!!:cheer2: That's a great pace and you were running in the cold, wind, and snow! :thumbsup2 You are definitely going to make your goal in Florida! ::yes::

How is the weather out your way? Please be careful if you have to travel. :hug:

I hope you have a nice day today!:hug:

Hey, how's the weather up your way? When do you travel? How's the last few days of training going?

Thanks Tracy and Lisa training went well this year since the weather really cooperated until this past Sunday.We got about 6 inches but it is icy now.Ran 3 miles in 28:18, a 9:26 pace, had to keep adjusting speed because of the ice and snow on the roads still.

Hope the weather will be good for travel.We leave a week from today.

I will keep alternating between 3 and 5 miles until I leave.I am done with work until Jan 13th, so I have no excuse- also did the elliptical x 15 mins all out.

DH bought me a new bike for xmas- Specialized is the brand.We picked it up today- I can't wait for spring.

Wt=158.6

Linda

Linda: Wow! You are doing great on your running. If you've already beaten your race goal just with training, I'm certain you can do it on race day. I, like you, like to be prepared for the races. But, this time I won't be. Oh well.
That bad run you had is perfectly normal. I've had some runs where I cried all the way home. Really.

And, happy belated birthday!!!!!!!

Thanks Tandy! Unfortunately now I am under the weather- sore throat, slept for 2 hrs yesterday and still feel blah.It is supposed to be 51 degrees today so I do plan on going out for 6 maybe- hopefully in shorts- have to it's 51!

My Zicam is not working this time.

Linda

Did run 6 miles today- still have sore throat- ugh! Ran it in 55:58, a 9:19 pace.It was gorgeous out there 41 degrees when I went and I wore shorts! New Years day what a hoot!

We leave on Thursday and so far weather here will be OK- keeping my fingers crossed.No weather shift here or in Orlando!!!

Wt=157.8

Linda

Nice work Linda!! You are going to do fabulous at WDW!!!

Weather here was great today-I ran a half in a short sleeve shirt and tights. Could have worn short though.

Hi Linda,
Just finished catching up from the last few weeks. Your pace is awsome. I hope you are able to navigate the crowds and make your goal. Won't you be in a corral ahead of the walkers? I have so little experience I really don't know what to expect but I will do my best to stay out of everyone's way. :)

Hi Lola you are probably right about the corral. I forgot last year I was in the back because I ran with my brother who had no prior experience. I should be ahead of them this year.

Running 3 miles today and that is it until I hit the WORLD tomorrow morning- WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Leaving at 5 am for a 7:30 flight!!!

Taking antibiotics so feeling much better today.

Good luck everyone!

Linda

3 miles in 27:30,a 9:10 pace- I'll take it!

And that's a wrap- 2011 5k and1/2 here we come!!!!

Wt=158.2 didn't quite make the 155 but I have not been completely on track all the time either or I think I would have.

Linda

Hey Linda
How are you feeling? Ready to go? It's almost time. :banana: I hope to see you there. If not, have a great time. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter