• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linking tickets

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I am so very confused. We have park reservations, we have the hotel reservation linked to the app, but when will the tickets show up in the app? It says stuff about linking a code but I am so genuinely confused. I've been told they would show up prior but nothing has been showing up. This is so different from WDW (DLR get on the magic band train please). Like will they appear on the app closer to the trip?

I am trying to figure it out with both laptop and phone app.

Basically: help please and thank you!

QUICK EDIT/ADDITION:

I’m trying to organize everything and came across emails that had the little square bar codes for each ticket for each day we reserved? Is that what we scan in the app and do we do that day of? Also will we get paper tickets upon entering the park to use for genie plus and photopass?

Sorry I’m a newbie! You all on the west coast are so sweet!

BH5

Last edited:
If you purchased a package I believe your tickets will appear in the app 4 days or so before your arrival day. Your reservation barcode is separate and is not your ticket. You probably won’t need it unless there is a glitch the system as it will see a reservation tied to your ticket when you scan your ticket (barcode in the app) at the gate. But still a good idea to have those reservation barcodes handy just in case.

And yes, the first time you scan into the park you will be issued a paper card stock ticket (that will be good for however many days your ticket is for- you don’t get a new one each day) that can be used interchangeably with the barcode in the app for G+, park entry and anything else you need to scan your ticket for.

If you purchased a package I believe your tickets will appear in the app 4 days or so before your arrival day. Your reservation barcode is separate and is not your ticket. You probably won’t need it unless there is a glitch the system as it will see a reservation tied to your ticket when you scan your ticket (barcode in the app) at the gate. But still a good idea to have those reservation barcodes handy just in case.

And yes, the first time you scan into the park you will be issued a paper card stock ticket (that will be good for however many days your ticket is for- you don’t get a new one each day) that can be used interchangeably with the barcode in the app for G+, park entry and anything else you need to scan your ticket for.
Got it thank you!

I had to physically link my tickets. My email confirming my purchase included this:
1660840445152.png
Ignore the confirmation number. I clicked on Access Your eTickets and then on Print ETickets. That brought up a picture of my tickets with a bar code and under the bar code a ticket number.

I then clicked on Link Tickets to Your Account and entered the ticket number in the box titled ID number. They showed up in my app almost immediately.

If it's a package, they will eventually show up as @pharmama said. It confused me too, because I have never gotten a package until June. I had always purchased my tickets separately and had to scan them or they showed up automatically if purchased through Disney.

So you were all in fact correct!

I can now breathe slightly lol!

Now the question is how the heck do we link the gift card to our app (we have never linked gift cards to the app. The one time I had a gift card I legitimately handed it to the CM outside Savi's and that was that lol)

Now the question is how the heck do we link the gift card to our app (we have never linked gift cards to the app. The one time I had a gift card I legitimately handed it to the CM outside Savi's and that was that lol)
You can not link the GCs. You can add them when you mobile order, but you have to add them with EACH order. It seems like a pain, but we got use to it real quick.

I created an iOS Shortcut that will look through your notes for one titled “Disney Giftcard” and copy the first number it finds with 16 digits to the pasteboard and open the Disneyland app. You can put shortcuts right on your home screen or as a widget for very quick access.

Access the shortcut by clicking on the shortcut link here:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/c27a0f719d284617b247a7d52101084a

Here is my example Note for demonstration:

BDD59AD4-4EF8-4F95-87EE-0AC4C841591E.jpeg

I hope folks enjoy the icon I chose.

I created an iOS Shortcut that will look through your notes for one titled “Disney Giftcard” and copy the first number it finds with 16 digits to the pasteboard and open the Disneyland app. You can put shortcuts right on your home screen or as a widget for very quick access.

View attachment 696274

brilliant...thanks

View attachment 696274

is there a way to add it to Control Center?

is there a way to add it to Control Center?
I wish! Apple really needs to open Control Center to third parties.

Other possibilities might be:
  • Create a Siri shortcut
  • Set the shortcut to execute automatically when the Disneyland app is opened. It would need to be modified to not launch the Disneyland app at the end.
I think I might do the second thing and perhaps create a YouTube video explaining the whole process.

I wish! Apple really needs to open Control Center to third parties.

Other possibilities might be:
  • Create a Siri shortcut
  • Set the shortcut to execute automatically when the Disneyland app is opened. It would need to be modified to not launch the Disneyland app at the end.
I think I might do the second thing and perhaps create a YouTube video explaining the whole process.
control center would be the best...but if I could just ask Siri "load giftcard" and then have it look for that note and then copy then launch the Disneyland app...easy!

View attachment 696274

hey there, youre shortcut link is no longer working, could you reshare? I used it last year and would love to reuse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter