Lisa's Wish Journal - Now we have gone Dopey.

Thanks Tracy
The week has had it's ups and downs. But a couple more hours and it will be the weekend. :thumbsup2

Monday was dance.
Tuesday I walked at work for 30 minutes, then April and I walked for 1.5 hours. Not sure how far. I was trying to use the Runkeeper on my phone and I must have hit something and it stopped tracking after the first mile. :upsidedow I have figured out that problem and am now able to use that program. Seems to be more accurate than my pedimeter. RunKeeper uses GPS.
Wednesday I was going to walk in the evening, but after pulling weeds in the garden for 30 minutes, I felt odd. Not sure how to describe it, just odd. Decided against going to the track. I felt better after I sat for a while. :confused3
Thursday I walked 2.2 miles at work and then DS and I did 3.2 miles at the track. His knee began hurting so we stopped. We took Roo with us and she did the first mile. She was so excited to be out there that she went too fast (12.30per minute mile) and gave out too soon. She can normally do 2 miles at a brisk pace. She was happy watching us finish.
Not sure about today. We'll have to see what everyone else's plans are. DS will have the car as he has to work from 4:00-11:30pm.

I have been trying to watch what I eat better with more veggies and fruit. I am also taking the long way around at work whenever possible. Today, someone said "wow you walk fast." :thumbsup2 It's a habit now.

We are in a holding pattern for January. April wants to go and her DH told her to. She is over the finances, I told her I would have to pay for DS to go with me if she doesn't go, so I will help her, but she doesn't want to leave her parents which is completely understandable. So, I am not making any room reservations until we get closer. There aren't any discounts out for that week so I'm not missing anything. If her Father passes and she does go, then we are taking her DM with us, which will mean a bigger room and I will try to rent points. I will do it for her to go, but don't want to do it, if not nessary. This waiting (and the reason behind it) feels weird. When I was there Tuesday her DF was different. Just staring up at the ceiling like he was frustrated and tired of waiting. That is the only way I can describe it.

Gram is going to Houston tomorrow for a week. Taking her to the airport in the AM. DH is going DD and I so we will do some of the weekly shopping on the way back. I haven't taken them two grocery shopping in a while so wish me luck.

60 days to Disney! :banana::banana::banana:

Weekend was so so. Got Gram to the airport and through security with issues. DH didn't go with us so it was only DD and I on the way back. Did a little shopping and then home. Puttered around the house and the same on Sunday. No exercise, but I have been working on foods I eat. I was a bit confused about wheat bread as if you read the label it is actually higher in calories and sugars, but then I read an article that explains how different things that you eat break down. Made a lot of sense. I am slowly working on a diet change.

Dance was good tonight. We did Zumba. Love zumba, but boy am I tired. It was fun and I smiled the whole time.

Three weeks until our next 1/2 and I am not to sure about it. We'll finish, but we were hoping to have a good time to submit for Disney. We're trying though.

Last Tuesday April and I walked 1.5 hours. Good pace and we enjoyed it.
Wednesday, DH went on a trip and I came down sick. I took DD to HipHop and then was suppose to meet April again. I had to call her and cancel. DD and DS took care of themselves completely. I was so proud of them. DD did her homework, got something to eat and took her shower all without being told. I was so proud of them.
Thursday was better, some. I got to work and made it through the day. After work was Open House at DD's school. Would have been okay except the teacher has candles burning. :faint: Not good. When we got home, I was back in bed. DD and I went to sleep real early.
Friday I was off. Felt better too. Got the kids to school, ran a couple errands and went to my hair appt. I :love: my stylist. I have been going to her so long that she knows how I feel and can usually have me feeling 100% better by the time I leave. It was a good appt. DH was late getting home, but he got home in time to take DD to the football game. Since I was still a little weak, I stayed home. 4 hours of total peace and quiet. :cloud9:
Saturday I picked Gram up at the airport. She had a nice visit in Houston.
Today (Sunday) I have already been to the store and have dinner in the crock pot. DD is at a friend's and I am hiding in the bedroom. DS and DH are watching football. It can get rather loud at times. :sad2:

Hopefully DS and I will get to the track tonight. We have got to do at least 8 miles.

Well, DS and I didn't get to the track. I fell asleep and DS took off to a friend's house. By the time we had dinner (late) it was too late to go. :upsidedow

Today was dance and it went very well. More Zumba. :banana:

Food has been better so that is a plus.

You are less than 60 days away from your Disney trip!!! Woohoo!:woohoo:

I'm sorry that you've not been feeling well. :hug: It sounds like you are still getting some walks in and some Zumba too. Keep on keeping on, my friend!:cheer2:

I hope you have a nice weekend ahead! :goodvibes

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better!

So glad Gram had fun in Houston, that is good for all of you.:hug:

As for April's dad, that is always a "weird" position to be in. I remember being that way for our January 2008 trip to DL, my mom died just a week or so before we were set to leave. I hope this situation works out as best it can, its a hard place to be for any family. I am thinking of her, I feel like I know her from your journal!

Your thanksgiving trip is so close, you must be so excited!:yay:

They just added a basic Zumba class at my rec center, I think I am going to try it. The word "basic" has me feeling a bit more optimistic about going! I'll think of you if I do go!

45 days until Disney!!!! :banana::banana::banana:
and I can not wait. I just want to be there.

Last Tuesday we walk and did 6-7 miles. Not quite sure. First we went to DS' swim meet and cheered for him. He did awesome and improved his time on the 50 Free.

Wednesday was an off day. DD had dance and it was storming. She tried to talk me out of going until I reminded her about perfect attendance and then it was Let's go, let's go. :lmao:

Thursday we walked again and did 8.36 miles. Felt great. April's DH asked how to we walk for so long. She told him, we just start walking and talking and it's easy. We can find a lot to talk about. ;)

Friday was my off day again from work. Good thing I didn't go in, I was in a funking mood. Just kind of off all day. :confused3 DH took DD to the football game and DS went to work for a while and then to the game. I had another quiet evening which was good.

Saturday, April and I did a Heart Walk in Gulfport. Her DH's company had paid for a certain number of people to participate and then had a couple empty slots so he signed us up. Was a 5K and after we were done we went out on the board walk for the beach and walked another 4.4 miles.
Satuday night was Homecoming for DS. He took a date and they said they had a good time. DH and I went up after the dance to help clean up and I had to collect the $$. I am the Treasurer for the Swim Team and this is their fundraiser every year.

Sunday was a complete rest day for me. DD had spent the night with April so DH and I could go out the night before for our Anniversary. 18 years now. She didn't want to come home so I didn't get her before evening.

Monday (yesterday) was dance. We did zumba again, but a dvd I had never done. We didn't stretch afterwards or do a cool down and that was a mistake for me. I'll remember next time. :thumbsup2

Work is going okay. Just waiting to see if the CRA is signed again. It runs out at midnight tonight. :sad2:

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!!!:goodvibes

Did the CRA get signed?

Great job on all of your walks and workouts! Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Only 45 days til Disney?!?!? Woohoo!:woohoo:

Have a great day!:hug:

Thanks Tracy :goodvibes

Amy, thank you for praying for April and her family. They certainly need it right now. I am in awe of her (and very proud of her) for what she is doing for her parents.

The CRA was signed so we get to work for a few more weeks.

Crazy day at work. One of my co-workers is on vacation, so I am doing all of her travel work. :crazy2: in addition to my regular work.

Tomorrow we are doing a Health Fest. We will start with a 5K and then have a lot of vendors out with info and freebies. We will have some fun stuff and we always try to come up with some type of competition between departments. This time we have rented a big inflatable obstacle course. We asked for two participants from each code. The ones with the best combined course wins. I'm in charge of the obstacle course.

April and I walked last night and DS joined us. We did almost 7 miles. We did good on time with an average of 14:50 per mile, but we just couldn't get a set pace. Tomorrow will be our last walk before the 1/2 on Sunday. I'm not too worried about this 1/2. We have mainly walked on hills and this route will be virtually flat. We were hoping to get a better time to submit for Disney, but we are already in a good corral there, so it will be fine.

Yesterday we walked 8.05 miles with an average pace of 14:56. We did a different track. Had planned to do 10, but it was so late when we started that we couldn't. Had to get the kids home and in bed.
Yesterday I also played on an inflatable obstacle course, timed the obstacle course challenge (which involved starting the runners and then running to the other end of the course to get their finish time, and did 15 minutes of zumba. Those inflatable things are fun, but was I tired last night.

Today and tomorrow are rest days for the 1/2 on Sunday, although I might do something small on each day.

We survived the 1/2 on Sunday. We had a great time and will definitely do this one again. The course while not completely flat as advertised was really good and perfect for first timers. Also a relatively small race. Only about 1400 signed up. After about the first mile, everyone spread out and we were never crowded or had problems passing anyone. We did well with our time and finished at 3:09:01. 8 minutes faster than Disney. We were hoping for even better, but since we only got up to 8.5 miles in training, I'm happy. DS did even better than that. He ditched us before mile 6 and never looked back. :rotfl: We passed our car on the way to the finish line and he was sitting on the back of it waiting for us. He ran with us the last 1/2 mile. He's hooked and now understands why we do this. :thumbsup2

Yesterday was dance and we mainly did stretches. I tried the crunches but couldn't do them for some reason.

This evening we will be walking if it doesn't rain. Radar shows nothing but the sky is a different story.

Tuesday we walked and did right at an hour. We were at A's track that sits on the side of a hill. We had her nephew who is 2 in a stroller. That hill was something else with that stroller so we ended up walking on the parking pad in front of the fire station. (The track circles the fire station). Round and round we went, but we got in some good walking time.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was rest day. We are only going to do a couple evenings a week for a couple weeks and then we will pick back up.

So looking forward to the Disney 1/2. April is going again. :banana: We have it all worked out we think.

Great job on the 1/2, Lisa!!! :cheer2: You and April will definitely be ready for the Disney 1/2 in January!:thumbsup2

How many more days 'til Disney now? We have 49, but who's counting?!?! LOL! :laughing: It's too bad our trips don't overlap each others in Nov/Dec. It would be so much fun to meet you in person!:goodvibes

Have a wonderful weekend!:hug:

Lisa, you are really in the groove with your walking and training! The 1/2 is coming up and you will be more than ready!:thumbsup2 I think that is so cool the way your son has gotten into it as well, what a neat thing for you guys to enjoy and share together.:goodvibes

Hope April's family is hangin in there with all they have going on.

Happy 18th anniversary a bit late! Sounds like you and your dh had some much deserved time just the two of you.

Really impressed with your walking times and dedication!:worship:

You are under the 30 day mark for your Disney trip! Woohoo!!!:woohoo::yay::banana::cool1: Are you getting excited yet?

I hope you have a nice weekend!:hug:

In just a little over 2 weeks, you'll be in WDW!:woohoo: I bet everyone is getting excited!:cool1:

How was your week?

I hope you're having a great weekend!:hug:

Five days until you leave for WDW, I am betting you are running around like crazy getting all ready to go!

In case I don't get back on here before you leave, have a wonderful time and I will be thinking about you!

Hi Lisa! :wave:

I just wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know that I'm thinking about you. :hug: I hope all is well with you and your family!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter