• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Lisa's Wish Journal - Now we have gone Dopey.

Well, here I am again. I can not believe how busy I have been. and then my laptop got a virus. A bad one. DH could not fix it and I thought it was at the CPU guy and guess what? It has been in DH's truck. :confused3 Oh well. I have been stuck to my work and DS' cpus. Not much time for Wishing on either. :sad2:
Facebook has been quicker, plus people have begun using it for invitations and to communicate instead of calling. :upsidedow

Garage sale went very well. We got rid of a lot of stuff. It was hard, even for me to see so much of my parents stuff go, but had to be done. We had people showing up Friday night and then again at 6:30 Saturday morning. One man felt so bad that his wife barged in on us that he helped me unpack some boxes. There was so much stuff that there are still boxes I have opened. I just can't believe how much stuff my mother has accumulated. Has really opened my eyes. I am such a pack rat and had really begun to change my ways. I will be even more vigilant now.

DH was dissapointed that we didn't get rid of more stuff than we did. :sad2::lmao: I tried. We had steady customers 6:30-12:30, a few minutes break and then it started up again until about 2:30. Rarely a person left who didn't buy something. I told him there is just too much and we need another one. I'm just tired. :faint:

Mother's Day was good. Gram was upset that I wouldn't go out, but I can't enjoy myself when a restaurant is so crowded and you have to wait forever. DH cooked and it was all good. One of the two days a year I refuse to do anything, especially cook. My bday is the other day. :thumbsup2

My neice graduated and has moved back to her Father's. We will miss her, but now DD can move back to her room. Something she is not happy about.

School is over for DD. We are very proud of her and I am so happy that I can give her a special treat. She worked very hard this year so I am going to brag for a minute. She received 7 awards Thursday. Straight A's for the year, two for Perfect Attendance, Highest AR reader in her room, Superior Spelling, Superior Math and Superior Language. She thinks her reward is not having to go for the last two days of school and to go for a mani and pedi. ;)

DS will be passing everything. Mostly C's, but I told DH he is passing decent so be happy. DS finally realizes that he has been messing up and we aren't going to stand for it. I think (pray) next year will be different.

Work has been going well. Steady busy and not too many fires. Frustration still with some of the programs we use, but that is life. A coworker passed away and we went to his funeral Wednesday. He was on a medical leave and we had hoped he would eventually come back, but it wasn't to be. I will certainly miss him.

April is doing well. She had a couple of sad days as this is the time she would have delivered the first pregnancy she had last summer, but she is okay. She knows in God's time they will have a second child.

Today we are having a BBQ for some friends who are moving up North next week. One of DD's best friends. :sad1: She is spending the weekend with us and her parents and a couple other families are coming over this evening. Another reason I am so happy that DD and I will be out of town for a few days. Get over the initial hump of them leaving.

THE TRIP

I am so excited! :banana: But not talking about it is HARD! Almost slipped up once, but I caught myself just in time. I can not believe that we have been able to keep this a secret. DD will be spending Monday and Tuesday with April, so I will be able to pack without her suspecting anything. I will be telling Gram Sunday night. I can't trust her not to say something, plus she is going to be upset that we are leaving her home. But I have struggled with this and held fast to my decision. 1) this is strictly a trip for DD and I know if she were to go, we would be limited with what we could do and it would end up being about her and 2) I just don't have the $$ to take her also. I have been budgeting very carefully and was very excited to see gas going down a few cents. Don't get me wrong, we are fine but I don't like it when my budget gets extended un-neccessarily. I did just see about the new mermaid experience they have at the Pirate League, but of course they are full for the time we are there. :confused3 Oh well, I thought that might be fun for her as she loves to dress up but doesn't want to do BBB anymore. I'll just take the curlers and pins with me and we will do Mom's BBB again. That worked well in November.

I'll try to get back on again before we leave. Love and miss you all.:grouphug:

Lisa, I am so glad you are going! So when do you leave, is it today maybe? I hope you have a safe trip, I don't know the details if you are driving or flying. I hope you do get back on here!

I am so sorry about your co worker. Very sad.:hug:

I think you made the 100% right decision regarding taking Gram. This needs to be your time away with your dd. And she has worked so hard, what an accomplished young lady!:thumbsup2 You must be so proud. It was good to let your ds come to his own conclusion about his grades, those lessons that we learn on our own are the best ones. Frankly, all c's and passing everything is a blessing in its own way.

I hear you on the pack rat thing. When we cleaned out my sister's house, it was a good lesson to me and Dan to not accumulate too much. We are not pack rats but having a basment and a 3 car garage allows us to save more junk than we should! When you get back and get back into a routine, maybe a late summer garage sale to get rid of more of Gram's stuff will be in order!

If I dont' "see" you before you leave, have a great trip. I can't wait to here the details, congrats on keeping the surprise!

Made it through another day and the surprise is still a surprise. Here is the plans I have loosely made.
Work in the morning, I can't take all day. I plan to leave work no later than 11:30am. Go home and load the car. Get gas, stop by the school for DD's report card and head to April's mom's house to get DD. We have to go through Gulfport so I plan to stop at the outlet mall and try to get her a new beach dress for beach pictures. I have done this every year since she was a baby, but we missed last year. Then head to FL. I have bought her a new DVD so I hope it keeps her occupied for a while, at least until we are in FL. Then I plan to tell her that we are going on a trip, just not where. We will stop over night about 1/2 way. I have made new Going to Disney World tshirts and will just lay her clothes out the next morning. I hope to catch her reaction to the shirt and then post it on Facebook. She only wears this particular shirt on the day we actually arrive to Disney, so it should be interesting. We are staying at Pop and I only have two ADRs. Hollywood and Vine and 1900 Park Fare. Both for breakfast. We come back on Monday and will drive straight through. It's straight interstate once you get out of Orlando with changing interstates only once. DH offered his GPS.... like I didn't know where I was going. :rotfl2: But I accepted, it may come in handy if I need to find a Target. :rolleyes1
I am mostly packed. I will pack the car when I get home, shouldn't take too long. Everything is out and ready to go. :thumbsup2

We had dress rehersal for dance today. Recital is June 11 and I do not feel ready. I keep missing three cues. I have been practicing and April and I plan to practice more togehter once DD and I get back. It's fun and I will miss it over the summer.

Amy - yes, DS learned a very valuable lesson, I hope it sticks. We have another yard sale scheduled for the first Saturday of November. Late summer is way too hot here. and thanks for the encouragement of leaving Gram home. Sometimes I think I am too self absorbed. I try hard to keep everyone happy, but you are right, DD worked very hard the past year and I have been so busy the past couple of months with Gram that I feel I have negelected DD a bit. I have tried not to, but it happens. I am so looking forward to time away. Time at the one place I know I can leave my responsibilities and worries behind. The one place where we both love to be. It should be a good trip. :goodvibes

I hope you and your DD are having a wonderful, magical time in WDW!:wizard: I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back!:goodvibes

Hi Tracy.

We got home Monday night late and guess what? I came home sick. :sad2: Not a way to leave WDW and have to drive for 12 hours. We got a late start and had to stop more than usual, but we finally made it home. It was my own fault too. I knew better. So many people were there coughing and hacking and I didn't make sure to wash my hands as often as I should have. I am so dilgent at work about it and completely went lax at WDW. :sad2: Now I am paying. I am finally feeling better but the coughing is driving me crazy.

We had a wonderful trip. I picked DD up and told her we had to go to the Coast to the outlet mall. Really did so it was convenient. Then I gave her a new movie I had bought. We were almost to Alabama when she asked where we were. I told her we were going on a trip, just us and it was a surprise. When we got to the Mobile Bay tunnel, she said "This is the way to Disney". I replied, "yep, the way to Florida". Now, my child has gone 10 months without being sick and you guessed it, she didn't feel good. Headache, throat hurt, stomache ache. :headache: But she was never actually sick. We stopped a couple of times, but she was very quiet and didn't eat dinner. We arrived to Tallahasse late and went straight to bed. The next morning I gave her clothes to put on and when she saw her shirt, her eyes got big and she said "are you serious?" She still wasn't feeling 100% but I did get a little squel of delight. We arrived at Pop by 2:00, room was ready, we had lunch and hit the pool. That evening we went to MK. She was so happy just being there. and I was too.:goodvibes

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that you've not been feeling well, Lisa. :( I hope you are feeling much better soon!:hug:

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! :cool1: Did your DD start feeling better once you were at MK?

Have a nice weekend!:hug:

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry you got sick and that your dd was also sick! I hope she began to feel better once the trip got underway!

I have the same cruddy cough right now, to me this feels more like a winter bug than a summer type cold.:confused3 I hope you are feeling better and that you got some rest over the weekend!

Can't wait to hear about the trip details and I hope you and your dd had a wonderful time! Did your dh and son go on a trip too? Weren't they seeing a shuttle launch? In any case, hope they had fun too!

Hope the week gets off to a good start.:goodvibes

Hello again!

Wow! 10 days since I was last on here. :sad2: First I was sick and then got worse. Saturday (Jun 4) we had the dance awards luncheon. Going to it, I was okay, but the air was out and in the middle of the day when it is 95 outside, is not a good thing. I ended up over heating. At 2:30pm, I went to bed and didn't get back up until 6:00pm the next day. DH said I looked better, but asked me to stay home and go to the doctor the next day. The doctor shook his head, gave me the same lecture my old doctor used to give me and told me to go back to bed. I did until time for dance class. It was our last class, so I had to be there. I am better now. Still have a cough, but much better.

Dance recital was this past Saturday. I LOVED IT!. I wasn't really nervous just concerned that I would mess up. I did a couple of times, but no one noticed. My brother gave me a huge compliment and my son (DS16) said I was awesome and was telling everyone in the audience that I was his mom. SO....since my brother gave me a real compliment and I didn't embarrass DS, I think I did okay. and I can't wait for next year. We have a two month break and already I am missing it. I am hoping that we will do Zumba again in the Fall.

Now is time for me to start walking at the track again. We have just under 4 months until our next 1/2 marathon and we've got to get busy. I'll keep you all posted on our progress.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, Lisa!:hug:

Congratulations on your dance recital!:cool1: :cheer2: I bet you did a wonderful job! ::yes::

Hope you're having a good week so far!:hug: Have a wonderful Wednesday!:wizard:

Lisa, I am so glad you are feeling better. Good job listening to your doctor young lady!

That is so awesome you did that recital. I am super proud of you and very impressed. Yeah, if my brother compliments me I always know its all good! I am just happy you did this dance, Miss Jean is proud of you from heaven above!

Did you do a trip report for you dd trip? I guess I need to check your signature!

Hi Ladies.
The saying goes that confession is good for the soul, so here it is.

My life is a total mess and I have completely lost control. At the moment I feel like a total failure. I have fallen off the food wagon, have done absolutely no exercise since June 12 and have lost all control of our finances.:confused3

sheeeeeesh! I'm a mess. :sad2:

I am very disappointed in myself. I was doing so good. I was eating and exercising well and had lost 24lbs. Finances, I was so close. I was on track. Not on the fast track where I wanted to be, but slow and steady and I was getting it done. Then things started falling apart. I became so overwhelmed with everything that was going on, I just couldn't keep up.

Gram has gone to my DB's in Texas so I am getting a bit of a break. Slowly I am getting things situated. It is slow going, but it is a start.

I have blown it the past couple of weeks with food. Not sure what it going on there. I took a week off from exercise after the recital and should have never done that. I can't get back going. The heat hasn't helped any, but I feel miserable. Then there are the finances. I can't completely blame this on DH either. I spent too much on our Disney trip. I tried to be careful, but not careful enough. Now I have to wade out of this. It's frustrating to say the least.

Every day I have tried to come on here, but it has been very hard. I have been very embarrassed to admit my failures, but there they are. Time to start over.......

Sending a gentle :hug: your way, my friend. Please don't be so hard on yourself. :hug: We all have times in our lives where things don't go exactly as we have planned. It's okay! :hug: Just remember, baby steps will get you where you want to go. Take things step by step and day by day and you will accomplish your goals. I know you CAN do it, Lisa!:cheer2:

Lisa my friend, first of all sending you one of these::hug: and second of all you are not a failure! You are human.

I can tell you that when you are in charge of caring for an elderly parent, it is stressful. When I think of the pounds gained and the debt we racked up, well believe me, I can say firsthand it happens! You will get out of this. You and dd needed that trip, I truly believe the time we spend with our family having fun (think Disney time lol) is an investment. Your life is not counted by debts and pounds, its counted by love and faith and you have both of those.

I exercised the first time today since May 31st (okay I walked at WDW but you know what I mean) and it felt good. I just have to move forward. Lets move forward together.

I hope the break while Gram is in TX helps, just hang in there and take it one day at a time. And don't be too hard on yourself!:grouphug:

Hi Lisa, just thinking about you and missing "talking" with you on the WISH board! I hope things are going well.:hug::goodvibes

Hi Ladies. I almost cried when I read both of your posts. You both know exactly what I am talking about. Thank you for being here. And any others who happen to stumble upon this thread.

Here is a re-cap of the past couple of months.
First off Gram. She is still in Texas but will come home this next weekend. The break has been good for us. She did visit my brother in Beaumont and that didn't go so well, but she has enjoyed her time in Houston.

The kids had a good summer. DS worked at a overnight camp a couple hours away and loved it as much as last year. He also has his job at the skating rink and loves that. DD went to several different camps and spent a couple weeks with April. School began this past Friday and both were happy when they came home. DS has promised that this year will be better. His English teacher wrote us a note that he passed the English exam that he needs to graduate and passed very well. She was proud of him as our we, but of course he got the lecture on the fact he obviously knew the material, so why was it so hard to make a decent grade. :confused3 :sad2: He also has a new motivation to do well. A couple of his friends go to the same dance school as DD and I. Next Spring Break the dance school will be going to Disney for a dance work shop. The girls want him to go and him going is contigent on his grades. He told the girls it was the only way he could go. They will help him keep on his grades. Whatever works.

Oldest DS has recently switched jobs. More pay and better benefits. I am proud of him. Trying to keep him from getting in the same ruts I have. Slowly he is moving forward.

DH had applied for a job in CA that supposedly he had a really good chance at. Unfortunately his application wasn't even forwarded for consideration even though he rated very high. Several veterans showed up on the cert. He was very disappointed to say the least.

Part 2:

I have been thinking a lot about our finances. I am working on a new plan. Trying again. :cool2: I figure I can't give up. We'll see what happens.

I also have not been exercising. I am trying to watch my food and am doing okay, but without the exercise.... Hopefully this week I'll get back on track. Dance begins back next week so I need to start warming up.

I don't know what else to say right now. Just kind of there it is. I have completly fallen off the wagon and am trying to get back on. I'm glad I have y'all as my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter