List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note for anyone who may have booked with a free dining bounce back from a stay last fall... you CAN rebook that free dining promo. I didn’t even try for June as it was likely not an option but I did successfully move my FD offer to July.
Probably doesn’t apply to many folks but I hope it helps someone else.

Last edited:
Probably why they have been doing this "rolling" cancellation (week by week) approach. So their call center isn't flooded with a bunch of people at once. Disney probably knows right now when they plan on re-opening, they just can't say, afraid they will be flooded with calls for cancellations and/or rebookings.

There are targets, but nothing is set. Since states began reopening on 5/1, the next few weeks are being watched carefully along with how people respond to new protocols at Disney Springs. There will be plenty of noteworthy activity at least a month in advance of a reopening.

Anyone who has been officially cancelled for June booked under an AP room only discount?

100% happy to be proven correct on July 1 when not all Disney parks and hotels are open. It's 100% not a rumor, I know for a fact they are doing a phased reopen.

Facts matter. You mis quoted me. I am too nice I can't even post your insanely terrible predictions , all have been wrong

Good thing I made insanely terrible “predictions” and not throw out insanely terrible baseless “facts”.

Sorry to hear June Peeps are being canceled. I rebooked with free dining to the end of July From a canceled April Trip.

I still have hope. But if the parks/resorts aren’t open in July For my husband! Son and I, I’ll rebook for 2021 With whatever they are offering, as a bird in hand... Then hope for a bounce back deal during my September trip during my mother daughter trip for one with my husband and son. Lol

I honestly think they’re preparing to remain closed in June too. I feel like this is de ja vu from reading about the rolling May cancellations. I think the CM the pp spoke to who said she could change to new June dates was wrong. I bet had the pp agreed & the CM tried, she wouldn’t have been able to. If Universal does open in June, I’ll be very disappointed with Disney.

I don’t know, I really think they will be open in June sometime.

My daughter was a bit relieved it was cancelled even though she knows I want to go, but pointed out some of the “magic“ could be tainted with all the restrictions. She’s probably right, was just really looking forward to it. 😭

Anyone who has been officially cancelled for June booked under an AP room only discount?
It's really going to stink if they just start throwing out AP reservations :( . I mean, I'm in July, but what they do in June might be an indication for July and how they open, and I'm not thrilled with it. I hope those last June reservations we've heard from people from FB are just coincidence and being an AP has nothing to do with it.

I think what’s so frustrating is here we are again with no answers & not even a hint. It’s really starting to get old. My husband follows an LSU message board & ppl all over it are complaining about Disney’s lack of transparency too. So this is not just limited to super fans on this board. Ppl are getting very frustrated. I don’t think it would hurt to give at least an idea of what they’re thinking or hoping for now.

So, if we go by Flynn Rider (Sven/Finn/Flynn I can't remember?) for June 15th opening, they will cancel June 7-13th next, correct? So for my split stay ending/starting on the 13th, I lose both, even if they were to open the 15th-right?
What if I book the Dolphin the 14th-whenever, and add it to MDE once I know for sure? As long as Disney doesn't limit to strictly Disney owned resorts only, that could work if Flynn ends up right all along, yes? Then I will be able to keep the back end of my plans.
🤔
I have my backup in August as well, just trying to breath life into my June trip if there is still a faint pulse.
I feel it'll all be wasted, and June will end up being a no go...:(

So, if we go by Flynn Rider (Sven/Finn/Flynn I can't remember?) for June 15th opening, they will cancel June 7-13th next, correct? So for my split stay ending/starting on the 13th, I lose both, even if they were to open the 15th-right?
What if I book the Dolphin the 14th-whenever, and add it to MDE once I know for sure? As long as Disney doesn't limit to strictly Disney owned resorts only, that could work if Flynn ends up right all along, yes? Then I will be able to keep the back end of my plans.
🤔
I have my backup in August as well, just trying to breath life into my June trip if there is still a faint pulse.
I feel it'll all be wasted, and June will end up being a no go...:(
Moving goalposts on shifting sands!

Yeah I think that’s bad business. Right now they want to curb attendance, but they had better be careful with a deep recession possibly depression looming, ppl will have few little discretionary money & word will get out about how all this was handled.
I don't think this has been handled that poorly. The fact of the matter is that they don't know exactly when they're going to open. Universal doesn't know either. This is a fluid situation.

It's really going to stink if they just start throwing out AP reservations :( . I mean, I'm in July, but what they do in June might be an indication for July and how they open, and I'm not thrilled with it. I hope those last June reservations we've heard from people from FB are just coincidence and being an AP has nothing to do with it.
It seems like it’s not just AP rooms though everyone. There were ppl who said they were booked under free dining too that got canceled.

My Frontera Cocina dinner ADR for June 2 just disappeared.

FW horseback riding & AKL starlight safari (also June 2) are still on my plans.

Hotels, FPs & ADRs June 3 - 7 are still there.
They also cancelled my June 6 ADR for the Edison.

Strange that only Disney Springs ADRs have been cancelled...

Ugh, there goes my June 5 Yak & Yeti lunch, first in-park ADR to go. :-/

Oh well... lol, refreshing the page and trying to figure out which one has disappeared this time is actually morbidly fascinating...

It seems like it’s not just AP rooms though everyone. There were ppl who said they were booked under free dining too that got canceled.
It's just disheartening to see those weird ones show up, I'm just going to stop trying to find any reason for them, too many variables.

Lots of reports of cancellation emails now(from off this board). Read everyone's posts from yesterday we were all trying to say there is no 5pm wed rule! I said yesterday it was coming , Disney has no signs of opening.

This should be a good "lesson" a few pushy people on here acted like it was in stone that if they didn't get an emails at 5pm wed everyone's trips was ON. This is you making your own rules and confusing people. You confused alot of people! We all told you it was not a sign at all. Please take this lesson for the next round. There will be more rounds , they are not opening all resorts at once in the best case scenario.
Not sure what the purpose of this post is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter