List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskieJohn

3/2015-BLT & planning arrival at AKL 6/17/2022
I think having a running list of the cancellations would give the rest of us a good picture of where WDW is going with its closures. For tracking purposes that goes well with the news and rumors of possible opening dates, I propose that anyone who has an upcoming WDW reservation which is canceled by WDW (not yourself) be posted here.

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates)
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation
What resort
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc)
How you paid (Cash or DVC)
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile

Lets make this a limited conversation thread that is driven by the data of the canceled rooms. No guessing the date posts please...lets keep this to actual news of individuals experience.

I also want to add that I sympathize with the loss of your trip. I fully expect my trip to be a loss too so I know how much work you put into these trips and how much you love WDW but I think this info will help people who want real news rather than just a rumor.

So far I have seen no cash rooms that are canceled by WDW when checking in on or after 5/17.
Now seeing rooms being canceled that have a check in of 5/21 5/22 5/23. I expect this is the case up until 5/23 but we will see if anything later is reported.
As of 5/7 we are now seeing rooms canceled thru May 31st. Anyone with a check in on May 31st is "impacted" with an option to modify reservation.
ALSO have not yet seen any MK resort stays being canceled for this last round yet.

As of 5/14 we now see CASH rooms canceled through June 6th.

Reports so far date and resort...
May 16-24, Pop, standard, MA, Moliphino

May 15-23, Fort Wilderness, Full Hook up Campsite, TN, Hundred Acre Woods

May 16-24, Pop, standard, TN, lap1072

May 14-19, POR, King, NH, sponica

May 16-22, Pop, standard, NE, GBRforWDW

May 14-21, CSR, GDT Club, ME, ah10is

May 10, BCR, lorenae

May 11-16, AKL, lorenae

May 12-23, Pop, Standard, FL, fla4fun

April 26-May 1, AKV, 2br, MA, The Jackal

May 11-16 Fort Wilderness, Tent/Pop Up, OH Cloudy

May 21-28 POFQ, Garden View, AL mhanback

May 22-25, AoA, Suite, MD pixieprincess925

May 23-28 CBR, standard, FL d15n3ypr1nc355

May 23rd ASM, Standard, OH A_Hal

May 21-30, RR Studio/CSR Tower Standard, LA BridgetR3

May 25-June 2, All Star Sports, Standard, LA GoofyGirl75

May 31-June 6, GDT JessietheNCCowgirl (dated impacted so likely only May 31st is an issue)

May 27-May 31, AKL, std scilib Unknown about split stay May 31-June 4 AoA, OH Earning My Ears

May 26-June 2, Pop, preferred, KS cjBren

May 31-June 6, CBC, TN HollyMD

May 25-30, Pop, Preferred, CO BellaBaby

May 24-30, POFQ, Garden A_Hal

May 25-27, Yacht Club, Garden, FL AmberMV

May 25-30, Riv, 1br preferred, MS LuvDaisy&Minnie

May 24-26, Allstr M, Std, LA Disney_DB

May 23-30 AllStrSp, Std, IL

May 24-26, AKL DVC, princesscinderella

May 16-22, AKL DVC, Savanna Helvetica

June 14-20 (Charter Package) French Quarter, Standard View MustangMike

June 6-9 Yacht Club, UT15

June 2-5th Yacht Club Hopingforpixiedust

June 1-2 Contemporary yulilin3

June 2-12 cdobert

June 5-13 CSR JessietheNCCowgirl

June 1-8 CSR/AKL enchantedpixiedust

June 3-13 Wilderness Lodge anpeck

June 4-11 Pop pixiedaisy

June 3-10 PoRs Ian3314

June 4-7, Yacht Club, Standard, $, GA Jillfo

June 2-10, Caribbean Beach, $, Preferred, OK Mcwell

Also not sure how to copy/past the post number link without the entire address showing up so any pointers would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Mine hasn't been canceled yet, but I did get the email telling me my trip has been impacted by the closure and it will be canceled and refunded on my check in date if I don't do anything myself.

WDW resort days canceled - May 16-24
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - email
What resort - Pop Century
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc) - standard
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - MA

Received the e-mail last night. I was expecting the cancellation to come this week, but it still makes me sad. We have reservations for Yacht Club in July. Hopefully the parks will be open by then.

WDW resort days canceled - May 15-23
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - e-mail
What resort - Fort Wilderness
What room level/view - Full Hook-Up Campsite
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - Cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile -TN

Mine hasn't been canceled yet, but I did get the email telling me my trip has been impacted by the closure and it will be canceled and refunded on my check in date if I don't do anything myself.

WDW resort days canceled - May 16-24
What resort - Pop Century
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc) - standard
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - MA

Exactly the same for me except I live in MD

I'm just wondering what the email said? In order to get a better picture as to what posters are talking about here, would someone please post their email concerning how their trip would be impacted?
Thank you!

I'm just wondering what the email said? In order to get a better picture as to what posters are talking about here, would someone please post their email concerning how their trip would be impacted?
Thank you!

Important: Disney Resort Hotel Closures

In keeping with our focus on the well-being of our Guests and Cast Members during these rapidly changing times, Disney Resort hotels and theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort are currently closed until further notice.

Your upcoming travel dates are impacted by these closures. You have the option to modify or cancel your Disney Resort hotel reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company package up to your original check-in date. If no action is taken, we will process any refund due to your original form of payment if a payment had been made. If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your Travel Professional. Note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as nonrefundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

Additionally, for your convenience, we will also cancel most of your dining and experience reservations* and process any refund due to your original form of payment if a payment had been made. You will receive a separate cancellation notice as confirmation.

Enjoy a special summer offer
Because your Walt Disney World reservation is affected, you’re invited to reschedule a magical vacation and take advantage of a special package offer. After all, summertime is the perfect time to make the kind of cherished memories that we all need–now more than ever.

Get a FREE dining plan
when you purchase a non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Co. package that includes Theme Park tickets and accommodations at a select Disney Resort hotel.

Valid for arrivals June 1–September 30, 2020.
Book through May 31.

This offer is valid only for Guests who previously booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel at Walt Disney World Resort for travel dates March 16 to May 31, 2020.

Offer not valid for reservations canceled before March 1, 2020.

This offer is subject to availability. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Everyone in the same room must be on the same package. Theme Park tickets valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within a limited period of time, depending on length of stay and ticket type. Visit DisneyWorld.com/usage for more details. See Important Details below.

Call (407) 939-4251 or your Travel Professional to learn more or book.

Rest assured, we will continue to monitor the situation and make timely decisions based on expert guidance. For the latest information, please visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates.

We thank you for your continued understanding, and we hope to see ya this summer!

IMPORTANT DETAILS
Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservation required. Offer excludes campsites. Dining plan excludes gratuities. Some Table-Service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase. Children ages 3–9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available. Walt Disney Travel Company CST#1022229-50

*Select dining locations and experiences operated by third parties may not be cancelled.

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates): 5/14-5/19
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation- email
What resort -POR
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc)- King bed w/pullout
How you paid (Cash or DVC)- Cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - NH

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates) May 16-22
What resort - POP
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc) - Standard
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - NE

I've only received the email. Everything is still active in MDX. I believe the cancellation is technically only for our check in date (Saturday) as I have a second reservation for MIL that I have not received an email for yet. Her check-in date is Tuesday May 19th.

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates) May 14 - 21
What resort - CSR
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc) GDT - Club Level Standard room
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - Cash (Disney Gift Cards)
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - Maine

We received the email yesterday! Everything is still active on MDX. I still can't bring myself to hit the cancel button! So I guess I waiting on Disney to make it really official by cancelling us! Really hoping for a better offer than the Free Dining as we are AP holders! Free Dining is just too much food and savings isn't as good as a room discount for us!

I did not receive an email but finally canceled because we will have reinstated points to bank before the end of the month and I know it can take some time for the system to catch up and allow us to do that.

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates) - May 2-5
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - n/a we canceled
What resort - AK Kidani
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc) - 1 bedroom savanna view
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - DVC
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - Utah

I love this thread. Thanks for starting it.

Would you consider adding tickets-only and make it not just about resorts? Some rumors say that the parks might open before the resorts, so I am wondering if anyone has just regular tickets that are being cancelled (or extended) for these dates.

Little off topic.
I had 2 4 day tickets for my wife and son for 5-9-5/14. No email but in my mdx the dates are now between 5/9 and 12/15. Didn’t get anything from Disney just noticed the dates changed there

I got “the email” yesterday, and was forced to cancel May 10-16th.
May 10 Beach club (complimentary upgrade)
May 11-16 AKL

I have an AP, and two unused “discover Disney tickets” for Florida residents in my account. They moved the use by dates for the tickets to July 31, 2020.

Last edited:
I love this thread. Thanks for starting it.

Would you consider adding tickets-only and make it not just about resorts? Some rumors say that the parks might open before the resorts, so I am wondering if anyone has just regular tickets that are being cancelled (or extended) for these dates.

Our March dated tickets (9 day park hoppers, purchased through Undercover Tourist) are now good through 12/15/2020. It was updated in MDE within a couple days of when the closure was first announced.

I got the dreaded email this week as well. I had already booked a June trip as back up so I don’t know that I will reschedule.

Dates: May 12-23
Informed via email to cancel or reschedule
Pop Century
Standard room
Cash reservation (room only)
Florida Resident

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates) 04-26-2020 thru 05-01-2020
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation. Nothing
What resort. AKV
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc). 2 bedroom Standard View
How you paid (Cash or DVC) DVC
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile MA

No email that I can find. WDW is hit or miss on emails for us. Sometimes we get them sometimes we don’t. They finally canceled the room on 04-18, but took fast passes about three weeks earlier and ADR’s about 2 weeks earlier.

I have a resort stay scheduled for May 25-27 at Yacht Club for mine and my husband's 3 year wedding anniversary. I haven't received a cancellation email (like I received for my March 30 resort stay) yet. I will update if I get one. I presume it will be coming soon if it comes.

WDW resort days canceled - May 11th-16th
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - e-mail
What resort - Fort Wilderness
What room level/view - Tent/Pop up Site
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile -OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter