"LIVE" from OKW - Photos added

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Thanks for keeping us posted -- as always. You're the best, Doc

Happy Anniversary! Thanks so much for the report. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Doc, Happy Anniversary! OKW is a great place to celebrate an anniversary. we celebrated our 14th there. Also thanks for the detailed reports from the meeting. have fun!

Yesterday was a long day but attending the DVC Annual Meeting was very interesting. A full report may be found on the DVC Operations board.

Today we had a leisurely morning and headed to Epcot at noon. We had a lunch reservation at Coral Reef and enjoyed our meal as usual. We each had a bowl of the Lobster Soup as an appetizer. I had the Mahi-Mahi and DW had the salmon along with a glass of Fess Parker Reisling - very nice.

After lunch we walked around World Showcase, stopping at Mexico to ride the new "river" ride and then on to the American Adventure for the Voices of Liberty performance - excellent as always. Derrick Johnson no longer performs with VoL, but he writes all of the music and is one talented individual.

We did get into the 5:00pm CP program. The guest narrator is Monique Coleman from High School Musical and also from season 3 of Dancing With the Stars. She did a nice job and the music was wonderful as always.

On our way out of the park we were asked to complete a survey about our dining experience. The survey is done on a laptop with a touch screen system. It took about 5 minutes and we were on the bus back to OKW.

We hope to make the Merry Member Mixer tomorrow afternoon.

More tomorrow! :)

I, too,love to read the live reports. :tink: for your anniversary

We got to do that Epcot dining survey last week too. Good to see they are tracking things. We loved our Teppan Edo experience.

Was the dining survey specific to your dinner that evening or a general Epcot dining survey?

In October, we were surveyed about our dinner at Tuuto both eveings we dined there. Questions included if we had dined at Alfredo's in the past nad if so, how did Tutto compare. Last week we dined there again and weren't surveyed after the meal.

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you are having a great time. I'm enjoying reading about everything.

We just came back on Sat. 12/1 from a wonderful week at OKW Building 24. This was our first Christmas trip to the World and now we're planning another for 2008. Can't wait.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Thanks for the report, but weren't you just there :laughing:

Looking forward to your pics. Happy Anniversary!!!

Have a great trip, we are getting closer, and closer to our trip!

Our survey was specific to the restaurants of Epcot that we ate in THAT day.

We're just back from the Merry Member Mixer. I got to talk with a number of DISers. They had the usual entertainment and characters and a "Make-Your-Own-Ornament" activity. Great cookies, brownies and cider were provided and everyone attending could register for a prize and all received a 2007 DVC Christmas ornament as we left. We understand from WDWLVR that this is same ornament given at the Doorway to Dreams store in Chicago. We now quite a collection of DVC ornaments over the years - and they all hang on our tree.

We then took the monorail over to MK for the Castle ceremony and stayed for Wishes afterwards. Tonite is also a MVMCP - but we were able to escape before the crowds grew too much.

We spent the morning "visiting" at DD. Unfortunately, our visit was more expensive than I had hoped ... and our carryons will also be a little heavier! ;)

Crowds have been pretty manageable during the weekdays. Lots of Pop Warner kids are here now so there are more school-age children than we expected, but overall, not too bad. Weekends are REALLY BUSY - especially Saturday so we'll avoid the parks as much as possible on Sat - we may do something early in the day. Tomorrow will be another quiet day with no major plans - but I'm sure we'll find something to do.

The shuttle was supposed to launch this afternoon - I had planned to take photos of that while at the Merry Mixer - but it was scrubbed this morning and rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 4:09pm and now has been delayed again until Saturday at the earliest. I hope to get some photos if it goes up then.

The parks look great and the resorts are at their finest too. Temps have been in the low 70's the last couple of days, but will be around 80 for Friday/Saturday/Sunday - normal is 75. Very comfortable weather! :)

Gosh, Doc. You are there at my very favorite time, doing all the things I wish I were doing, the temperatures are above normal AND you'll likely get to see the shuttle launch tomorrow. If it weren't for the fact that you are such a generous DISer, I might be green with envy. ENJOY YOUR STAY!

Here are a few photos from around the "world" taken this week. WL/VWL was our favorite Holiday decorative site and , of course, the parks are also beautifully decorated. At the CR, right across from the DVC kiosk on the 4th floor concourse is a confectionary sculpture. It has 7 Hidden Mickeys - pictures of that are also included. Also included are some photos of Monique Coleman at the Candlelight Processional and the Harlem Gospel Choir at the Studios. BTW- at Epcot, SE is now in soft-opening with an irregular schedule. We missed it today by only a few minutes. Looks like that will be reopening in the near future! (I've taken about 800 photos this trip - so far - and sorted thru them this afternoon to pick out these few.) At MK, the Castle Lighting ceremony is most impressive. I will break these photos up into 2 posts.

Enjoy! :)

9488CR11.jpg

9488CR21.jpg

9488VWL1.jpg

9488VWL2.jpg

9488VWL3.jpg

9488VWL4.jpg

9488WL1.jpg

9488WL2.jpg

9488WL3.jpg

We got to do that Epcot dining survey last week too. Good to see they are tracking things. We loved our Teppan Edo experience.

Not to hijack but is that the new Japan Diane? That was our favorite.

Pics are great Doc, CRV on the way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter