Live Trip Report!!!! (UPDATED to add pictures!!!)

What lovely pictures.....lots of happy smiling faces.

Not nice about the room though. But glad you haven`t let it put you off :thumbsup2

I just came across this thread, we are headed to Universal for the 1st time as a family in August. The funny thing is I have The Fan's Guide Special on my DVR and just watched it yesterday! Your kids have gotten so big!!! Glad to here your reports of a great time in the parks and so sorry about your hotel experience. I just wanted to shout at the computer - don't they know they have one of Disney's biggest fans to impress!!!!
Anyway - we are staying at the Hard Rock, hope the music scares away the ants!
Tammy

Tigrlvspooh....Thanks for all your details!

I personally have stayed at RPH twice since opening and PBH once!

Both times we were quite pleased and are staying back again pre-Disney trip at RPR mid August!

Glad that you have written to management and documented your issues.
Totally unaceptable, especially at the prices of the Universal Hotels!

I personally found PBH to be too quiet for my tastes...Lovely hotel, fun to "pool hop" but I love the RPR..a little more "life" to it! Been very very lucky with great rooms at both hotels! In fact we went as soon as RPR opened!
Was incredibly upgraded to concierge gorgeous room then:wizard::wizard:..Think RPH back then was upgrading to promote property!

Notice you are a WDW fan too! I remember reading your posts when I was researching the Beach Club Resort summer 2008! Loved loved the BC!:banana::banana:Think that Stormalong Bay is just the best! Gorgeous!:woohoo:

We love WDW so much that we purchased DVC almost 2 years ago!
Staying for the first time mid August Animal Kingdom Kidani after our 1 night at RPR...Only able to fit in one day this year at IOA/US!!! Rip It Ride and FJ is calling us!:dance3::dance3:

Great pics of your family! Looks like you had an awesome vaca! Stick to it with Universal management...They should be aware of any major issues with rooms!

Thanks again!:thumbsup2

I just came across this thread, we are headed to Universal for the 1st time as a family in August. The funny thing is I have The Fan's Guide Special on my DVR and just watched it yesterday! Your kids have gotten so big!!! Glad to here your reports of a great time in the parks and so sorry about your hotel experience. I just wanted to shout at the computer - don't they know they have one of Disney's biggest fans to impress!!!!
Anyway - we are staying at the Hard Rock, hope the music scares away the ants!
Tammy

Hey Tammy!! :) I hope you guys have a great trip, the Hard Rock is a beautiful hotel. Enjoy Universal!!!! :thumbsup2

Tigrlvspooh....Thanks for all your details!

I personally have stayed at RPH twice since opening and PBH once!

Both times we were quite pleased and are staying back again pre-Disney trip at RPR mid August!

Glad that you have written to management and documented your issues.
Totally unaceptable, especially at the prices of the Universal Hotels!

I personally found PBH to be too quiet for my tastes...Lovely hotel, fun to "pool hop" but I love the RPR..a little more "life" to it! Been very very lucky with great rooms at both hotels! In fact we went as soon as RPR opened!
Was incredibly upgraded to concierge gorgeous room then:wizard::wizard:..Think RPH back then was upgrading to promote property!

Notice you are a WDW fan too! I remember reading your posts when I was researching the Beach Club Resort summer 2008! Loved loved the BC!:banana::banana:Think that Stormalong Bay is just the best! Gorgeous!:woohoo:

We love WDW so much that we purchased DVC almost 2 years ago!
Staying for the first time mid August Animal Kingdom Kidani after our 1 night at RPR...Only able to fit in one day this year at IOA/US!!! Rip It Ride and FJ is calling us!:dance3::dance3:

Great pics of your family! Looks like you had an awesome vaca! Stick to it with Universal management...They should be aware of any major issues with rooms!

Thanks again!:thumbsup2

Hey Jerseygal!! :) We are planning to head back to Orlando in December and I'm leaning towards AKL kidani for a 2 bedroom villa (since we'll have 6 people total) then we can drive over to US/IOA for a day just to hit a few favorites. I miss WDW so much after this trip!!! :lovestruc I agree about RPR, we loved it last summer. I would definitely stay there again!

Have a great trip in August!!!! :thumbsup2

He's on the street corner not far from where the Blues Brothers perform. Where they have all the city fronts and shops that look like NYC. The car is there and also the train from Back to the Future 3. My husband is a HUGE Back to the Future fan... he told Doc he was sad his ride got replaced by the Simpsons and that his was much better. :laughing: Doc was great!!! One of the highlights of our day!!!!

Yes it's sad, Simpsons is not my cup of tea but I understand they need sometimes to refresh things to keep guest happy.

I have never been more motion sick :sick: than after I got off of Simpson's in 2008! For people who don't have "that" problem, it is quite an amazing experience. This year on our 1 day hop from WDW to US to "experience" tWWoHP, we are just doing the one park - Shrek was great, but not worth the extra $$$$$!

I do hope you hear back from them soon about the ants! Brill pics wwohp looks amazing

Erika, I hope you took lots of pictures of the ants. Your other pictures are so great that I'm sure the ants would have posed nicely too.

I think I would have gone down to the front desk and informed everyone in line that your room was infested with ants and you would suggest that they go somewhere else. I'm sure something would have been found for you.

We've stayed at PBH several times and have never seen a bug. So sorry that you had to experience it. Make sure you get satisfaction. They need to have you back and pay for your room. Too bad you couldn't get it settled before you left.

All that said, no hotel worker should be complaining about management to a visitor.

Nope, never heard back from my email to Lowes. It was an online system for contacting them so I couldn't attach pictures. I'm not sure what I can do at this point. Oh well. :( Lesson learned I guess.

You can always dispute the room charges on your credit card and put down the reasonsing and even include pictures. The CC company has to send all that over to the finance department for them to research and send information back to them.

I used to have to do this and it is a pain, so make them at least do some more work for your money :)

Nope, never heard back from my email to Lowes. It was an online system for contacting them so I couldn't attach pictures. I'm not sure what I can do at this point. Oh well. :( Lesson learned I guess.

There is lots you can do. Get on the phone and call. Call the manager, Paul Leclerc again telling him that you are going to write your room report on trip advisor. You can also email him telling him the same stuff. His email is very simple to find online. I have noticed that he has replied to trip advisor reviews. Let him know that you have sent emails to higher members in the Loews Corporation.

They at least should have given you some sort of money back on your room.

fwiw....we were there the same week/end as you, and stayed 3rd floor, west wing in the suite.

Never once saw an ant or bug the entire week.

Wonder if it's something to do w/ the East Wing? :confused3

that said....glad you didn't let it ruin your trip :thumbsup2

and, btw...that weekend (of the convention) EVERY room onsite at EVERY hotel WAS sold out. BIL tried to get a room that Sat nite, but none available (i got that from the hotel mgr's assistant)

I'm sorry you had ants in your room and management wasn't helpful! I wonder if you were next door to a bunch of candy eating people who left food all over the place. Sugar ants can be difficult to get rid of when food is around.

I'm sorry you had ants in your room and management wasn't helpful! I wonder if you were next door to a bunch of candy eating people who left food all over the place. Sugar ants can be difficult to get rid of when food is around.

We actually thought of that, we had a dog next door and wondered if the dogfood was attracting them. Luckily we brought two high speed fans from home to block out the barking. LOL :)

Love all your pics! Thank you for posting, I can't wait to see it in person!!!:cool1:

i clicked like on the facebook page of lowes royal pacific and portofino bay resorts and if you post something, they have someone that answers your questions. i noticed that some other guests had problems and after posting them, the representative asked for them to contact her/him personally to get some resolution. i hope you get some results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter