Live Trip Report!!!! (UPDATED to add pictures!!!)

Also, I wanted to tell you guys what the maid said yesterday. She said (accidentally I think) that the first thing she always does when she comes in to clean is to check for ants. I thought that was an interesting comment. It sounds to me like its a lot more than just this room.

It sounds like they are trying to fix things!:confused3 maybe that is the downside to that really large balcony you were bragging about!:scared1:

Wow, ok, sorry you took my report as bragging....we were just surprised we had such a big balcony. Especially since we booked garden view and didnt make any special requests.

I am not sure what is going on with ants this year. Neither my mom or myself have ever had ants in our homes in our 80 years of combined home ownership, and this year we are both battling ants! At least they are in our kitchens.

I would not want to stay in a bedroom with ants! :scared1:

Any update? We are at PBH now as well, but we are checking out early by one day just to get over to Disney earlier. We didn't encounter any issues with the room, but other factors had us cancel the last night of our package!

OP - I'm so sorry that you and your family have to go through this on your vacation. I truly hope that PB does right by you and addresses the issue properly! Please keep us updated and I hope you have everything resolved to your satisfaction!

I hope the manager was able to do something for you... either move you to a different room/resort, or get you a voucher to stay at Doubletree or somewhere close by.

Scanne - I haven't even complained about the other things we've experienced, for example the dog that has barked continuously next door. What types of issues have you experienced?? Enjoy the rest of your vacation at wdw!!!! :)

Take lots of photos and document who, where and what when dealing with the staff.

So sorry about all of this but I think talking to the Manager of the hotel and insisting on some type of compensation is appropriate. Actually, I think I would be attempting to get a room somewhere else because as stated earlier, I am itchy just reading your report. Good luck and keep us posted.

I really hope your ant problem gets resolved soon! :wizard:

From you trip report, it sounded like you were having a great time before this started. I was surprised to hear the wait times. They don't sound bad at all. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation! :grouphug:

Unfortunately with heavy rains and such, ants and bugs tend to want to move indoors... that happens anywhere. My apartment back in SoCal had a huge problem with ants and stuff everytime that it rained heavily (which doesn't happen very often) and they would move indoors.

Now since I live in Florida, I've noticed it a lot here pretty much everywhere. You'd think insects here would be used to a little rain. :rotfl:

I would ask to be moved... or walked to a different Resort.

I would imagine that yours isn't the only room with ants, especially since they are comeing in and out of the baseboards. Spray doesn't really help with ants in my experience. they need some bait traps for the time being, then they need to vacate the rooms and treat them. This cannot be done safely if people are sleeping there.

I love our maid, she and I are going to write a tell-all book about the crappy management here at portofino. LOL. :) She said they keep hiring people and they quit after one day. She is cleaning this whole floor by herself and doesnt finish until 9:00 pm or later .....the more she tells me these stories the more I just cant even believe it.

More to come I'm sure.....

Wow and to think we were thinking about changing over to the PBH for our next trip instead of the RPH. If it wasn't for the fact my mom has to have a smoking room I would have moved to the HRH.

I have never experienced any problems with RPH, you would think that with all the petty complaints they get that this one is legit and they would fix it properly!

Wow and to think we were thinking about changing over to the PBH for our next trip instead of the RPH. If it wasn't for the fact my mom has to have a smoking room I would have moved to the HRH.

I have never experienced any problems with RPH, you would think that with all the petty complaints they get that this one is legit and they would fix it properly!

We loved RPH last year :)

That is horrible and NOT okay!!!! You should not be expected to pay for the room. You need to speak to the head or main manager of the hotel for some or all compensation. I stayed at HRH in 08 for2 nights. One of the nights there were drunks ins the hallway from 1-3 am. They were very loud and rowdy. I called the desk and they sent security up a couple times. As soon as security left it would start again. When I checked out I asked to speak with a manager and was told there wasn't one available. When I got home i had to call a couple times but i finally got the manager explained the situation and was sent a certificate in the mail for a free night, which I am using this Aug. Don't take no for an answer. Good luck!!!!

My official report on the WWoHP is to get there very early, like 7:00 am, or wait until night....around 8:30 or 9:00 pm. Other than those times stay away.

We rode Forbidden Journey five times. The first time was around 8:45 pm and we waited in line 40 minutes (the sign said 75) the second time we walked on with no wait, that was at 7:45 am... third time we waited 30 minutes, that was at 9:00 pm..... and the fourth and fifth times were single rider at 8:00 and 9:00 pm last night, we waited about 20 minutes and the best part, All Indoors!!!!! You totally bypass the greenhouse.

If you want to see the mini-show at Ollivanders go at 7:00 am. But honestly it isn't worth waiting for. You can buy a wand by entering the shop on the other side, that line is shorter. But still plan to hit it early or late. Starting at 9:00 am the whole place is unbearable. Run out of there and dont come back until later.

We had dinner at the 3 Broomsticks twice (around 7:00 pm both times) and didn't wait long at all. Lunch time forget it.

Any questions????

Update:

Management will no longer speak with us. Won't take our calls, etc. I asked for Lowes corporate phone number, the girl on the phone gave it to me and laughed. I have never been treated like this by any sort of business, I am honestly in shock. I can honestly say that the Murphy families of Indiana, Massachusetts, and Florida won't be staying at this hotel again. I plan to contact Lowes tomorrow and also inform my friends at the Travel Channel. The management here should be ashamed of themselves. Ants or no ants this Is unacceptable.

Anyone checking in to PBH, bring a can of Raid and don't bother contacting a manager for any reason. Our housekeeper was amazing though, and the maintenance crew.

We are outta here!!!! :) :) :) :)

So sorry to hear about your problems with the ants. Maybe a call to the Health Department too??

I am concerned to hear that you had a barking dog next door. These nice hotels let pets in? We are staying at RPH in two days and there is no way I could stay in a room that had previously had a cat in it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter