Live Trip Report

WOW you are certainly packing lots in. would love the Seascreamer but DW does not do boats, she gets sick even looking at them.
Looking forward to more.

I'm in, cooking your own pancakes sounds like fun depending on how many people are at the table.

Hopefully no technical problems tonight.

This morning we went to Mimi's at the Loop for breakfast. We both had the Blueberry French Toast breakfast - with eggs and sausage and orange juice. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the practice of serving it all (sweet and savoury) on one plate! I'll post the photos later once I upload them. Service was slow and it was after 10:30 am by the time we got to Typhoon Lagoon. We were slightly surprised to find it had opened at 9:00 am - as the leaflet we had with April hours had shown it opening at 10:00 am.

We hadn't been to TL for about 4 years, but it didn't seem as busy as we had seen it at Easter in the past. We haven't been to any other parks yet, but there do seem to be fewer Brits around than in previous years.

There has been mention of possible storms this afternoon/evening and the clouds were gathering as we left just before 5 pm and drove to DTD. Last night I tried unsuccessfully to get ADRs for HoB tonight - so we were expecting to be turned away or told the wait would be an hour or more when we got there. However, it was very quiet and plenty of tables were available, so we were seated immediately. DH had Rosemary Chicken and I had Jambalaya (preceded by a delicious Caesar Salad). We were able to use our restaurant.com voucher with no problem at all.

An early-ish night tonight and we will be up early in the morning to get to Titusville for the launch. Anticipating a lot of traffic!

Another lovely day.

It is sunny here so don't feel too sorry for your DS.

Mimis sounds good for tomorrow - want to definitely go this trip. Have you got a coupon? I can remember they sent a buy one meal get one free coupon for sign up to their website by email.

The fact it's sunny makes me feel even more sorry for him! He's stuck inside working. At least the end is in sight for him though. :) Once he finishes, he can have a long break before he starts his job in September (as long as he gets a minimum 2.1, which is why he's working so hard.)

Yes - we had a coupon. Wayne has told us the best methods for getting and using those. ;) It is DH's birthday next week (it really is!) - so we have another coupon for that too!

I remembered to take some food photos.

This was breakfast......

P4290113.jpg

and dinner......

P4290115.jpg

P4290114.jpg

Enjoy the launch, I am still hoping the last one is delayed til August but I am being greedy we have seen 4 launches now:goodvibes

Yum that food looks good :goodvibes Sounds like you have had another couple of great days, especially the boat rides and seeing the dolphins :lovestruc

i hope you get to see the launch!!
we've never managed to see one....i guess at this point, we never will....at least not a shuttle launch...

We got up at 6:30 am and, according to the news at that point, there was a70% chance of the shuttle launch going ahead. We got ready, had a quick breakfast and set off for Titusville. The traffic en route wasn't too bad, but Titusville was very busy when we arrived. Some of the carparks were already full. Others were charging up to $30 for parking. We drove around a bit and then found a street with a few parking places still available - not far from the space park.

When we saw the launch last May, we watched from a spot just by a new bridge. We went back there and found a good spot on the bridge itself. Although fairly busy, it was not yet too crowded.

The weather had been stormy overnight in Brevard County, but it was dry when we got there. The sky was very overcast and it was very windy - and quite cool compared to the last few days.

We'd been there at least a couple of hours when we saw a few people starting to leave and there was chatter about the launch having been cancelled. I checked Twitter on my Blackberry at that point and it was 'breaking news' on the BBC. Disappointing - but these things happen. So - we packed up and went back to the car. Our initial plan was then to go to Cocoa Beach, but it seemed like everyone else had the same idea!

So we headed back to the Orlando area - stopping at Mimi's for Turkey Dinners on the way back! We were very hungry at that point. Sorry - I forgot the photos!

We then went to Celebration for a walk. Last year we had spotted a gator in the lake. This year, one was practically sitting on the steps by the rocking chairs! DH took some photos - I'll post them tomorrow night.

We walked around all three of the lakes - still envying the fabulous properties by the side of the 3rd lake. Maybe one day.......???? :)

It was a beautiful evening. Barely a cloud in the sky. Squirrels running around and a skywriter in a plane declaring that Jesus loves us. I took a photo - and will post that tomorrow too.

A 'proper' Disney park tomorrow. We are going to Hollywood Studios. We haven't been there for about 5 years, so are looking forward to it.

Bye for now.

Shame about the shuttle launch but sounds like you had a nice day all the same :) looking forward to seeing some photos.

We had a similar disappointment with the shuttle being called off just before launch. Shame you suffered a similar fate.

Look forward to seeing the photos :)

Quick report tonight - as it's late and I'm tired. :)

Breakfast was at Denny's today, enroute to Hollywood Studios.

Very very busy at the park today. We had expected the crowds to have gone down a bit, but there were lots of school groups. Wait times were over 100 mins for some rides.

We got FPs for Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror. FPs for most rides unavailable by mid afternoon.

Planned to stay for Fantasmic show at 8:30 pm, but the crowds were horrendous. There was standing room only by 7:45 and they stopped admission just after 8:00 pm. We went in before 8:00 pm but there was just nowhere even to stand.

Even at Easter we used to be able to get on every ride at least twice - by arriving early and using FPs. The only ride we did twice today was Toy Story Mania - and we were not prepared to queue for well over an hour for RnRC.

We left at about 8:30 and had a quick meal in Denny's on the way back.

Will try to load one or two more photos tomorrow.

Good night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter