• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Live Trip Report

Only 107 days and we will be boarding that ship:banana:

I am not a big dessert fan but that one does look good:thumbsup2
Enjoy your last few days.

Did your Dh manage to eat any - i've only been to Manny's once but after the all u can eat salad, rolls and then a steak I would have been stuggling to fit in dessert.

Today we had breakfast again at Bob Evans. The usual - eggs, sausage, hash browns and pancakes with coffee. The waitress there knows us now. Another tip - it has free wifi - so you can download your email while waiting for your breakfast.

We went to Animal Kingdom and got there just before opening. DH remembered the 'secret turnstile' (at the back of the Rainforest Cafe) - so we were able to get in without queuing. The weather wasn't quite as hot as it has been, but still very warm.

We got FPs for Expedition Everest and then went to the safari ride, which was extremely busy very early. However, there were plenty of trucks operating and the queues moved quickly.

We watched the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows, rode EE twice and somehow managed to still be finding things to do until 5:00 pm when we left the park. We then went over to Beaches & Cream to eat. I had a burger and DH had a beef sandwich.

Then we walked (via Boardwalk) to Epcot and wandered round the World Showcase, stopping to catch Off Kilter. We watched ROE and then left.

Another full and very pleasant day!

Tomorrow is our last full day, sadly. We have airboat rides booked for lunchtime.

Your day at AK sounds lovely finishing it off perfectly at B&C and Epcot. Did you manage an ice cream there as well?

Sounds like you are having a great time. No Kitchen at B&C,lol. Did you see anyone order one, it's fun to watch?

Another good day, seems you both had a great time, , and you can start arranging your next visit when you get home.
Thinking of trying mannys after all the good things you have said about it.

Only 107 days and we will be boarding that ship:banana:

I am not a big dessert fan but that one does look good:thumbsup2
Enjoy your last few days.

Thanks Wayne!

Did your Dh manage to eat any - i've only been to Manny's once but after the all u can eat salad, rolls and then a steak I would have been stuggling to fit in dessert.

He did - and I helped him!

Manny's sounds delicious. Where is it located? Is there a website? Thanks! :)

Looks like Wayne beat me to it!

http://www.mannyschophouse.com/
Haines City
35496 Hwy. 27 .N
Haines City. Fl 33844
:thumbsup2

That's the one!
Your day at AK sounds lovely finishing it off perfectly at B&C and Epcot. Did you manage an ice cream there as well?

We did.DH had a vanilla shake - and i had a single scoop chocolate ice cream.

Sounds like you are having a great time. No Kitchen at B&C,lol. Did you see anyone order one, it's fun to watch?

Not this tiome -but we had seen them there before. Was amazed to see that they are now about $25!

Another good day, seems you both had a great time, , and you can start arranging your next visit when you get home.
Thinking of trying mannys after all the good things you have said about it.

We have already booked the townhouse for next year! ;-)

Give Manny's a try. You won't regret it!

The last day didn't quite go to plan.

Breakfast was fine - Momma's Pancake Breakfast at Cracker Barrel for two with coffee.

We then set off for St Cloud as we had seats booked on the Spirit of the Swamp airboat at 12:45. The weather was a bit 'iffy' with lots of dark clouds hovering menacingly.

We got to Lake Toho and then got a call to say it was unlikely the boat would be going due to the weather. We had that confirmed at 12 by the airboat captain. By that time it was raining - and there were hundreds of lovebugs in the air. A combination that would not be great for an airboat trip. Ah well - we can do it next year!

We then went to LBV outlets - which has definitely been spruced up since our last visit there a few years ago. Then we went on to Premium Outlets at Vineland Ave.

There was due to be a launch today - of an Atlas V rocket. So we were looking out for that. However that got cancelled due to the weather too!

After we'd shopped enough, we came back to the local pool at the townhouses for a while and had the place to ourselves in the sunshine (the clouds had all cleared)- relaxing and cooling off in the pool.

We had been discussing where to eat for our last dinner of the holiday. Joe's Crab Shack, The Melting Pot or back to Manny's. In the end, as it had been so good every time we visited, we went back to Manny's one last time (this holiday)!

This time I took some more photos so will post them later.

We fly out of MCO at about 2 pm tomorrow and the on from Philly at 8 pm tomorrow night, getting into Manchester at around 8 am on Sunday morning.

I'll post some photos when I can.

Bye for now.

Some photos

Our breakfast today at Cracker Barrel

P1150199.jpg

P1150198.jpg

P1150200.jpg

Manny's 'endless salad bowl'

P1160203.jpg

And the steaks (these were the Manny's 12 oz sirloin - $11.99 including salad, rolls, side)

P1160206.jpg

P1160207.jpg

Now you're making me hungry :) Cracker Barrel is definitely on my list this trip!
Hope your journey home goes smoothly - safe travels.

Brill report, loved reading every minute of it, feels like I have been transported there every time I read your updates! :goodvibes

Great trip, hope you have a good flight home :goodvibes

your day at AK sounds wonderful!!

what "secret turnstyle"?
i have to pay attention next time we're there..

you managed to ride EE twice? DD and i rode it once and both thought we might die...we were fine until the backwards section and then.....
suffice to say, anyone with severe motion sickness issues should avoid it..
it looks innocent enough, but it definitely wasn't for us..
i'm glad i rode it once though....

that cracker barrel breakfast looks yummy!!!

have a safe trip home!!!

Landed back in Manchester at about 8:40 am today. :sad1:

Took ages to actually get out of the airport. There was a delay in getting off the flight and then the bags were held up for some reason.

The return journey was tiring - with a stopover of 5 hours in Philly. I didn't sleep much on the way back either. Just couldn't get comfortable.

We went to bed for about an hour when we got home and are now preparing to go to work in the morning. I'll be able to work from home but DH has to go into the office.

We've already rebooked our accommodation for next year. I'll set up another countdown soon! :cool1:

your day at AK sounds wonderful!!

what "secret turnstyle"?
i have to pay attention next time we're there..

you managed to ride EE twice? DD and i rode it once and both thought we might die...we were fine until the backwards section and then.....
suffice to say, anyone with severe motion sickness issues should avoid it..
it looks innocent enough, but it definitely wasn't for us..
i'm glad i rode it once though....

that cracker barrel breakfast looks yummy!!!

have a safe trip home!!!

The 'secret turnstile' (sorry for my poor spelling last time) is at the back of the Rainforest Cafe and Shop.

Yes - we did EE twice. :crazy: Almost accidentally in a way! We got our 2nd FPs for it before we had used the first.

We had done it before when it had first opened. However, I agree it is rather intense when you go backwards! It was only after we'd done it the second time that we each admitted to the other that we hadn't really enjoyed it very much! DH said I actually looked a bit green!

Thanks to everyone for the very kind comments about my updates.

You never really know whether people are interested, so it's nice to get some positive feedback. I'm going to read through it all again at some point this week - to remind myself of what an amazingly wonderful trip we had!

Bye for now!

Welcome home :)

The return journey is always tiring - going out - no matter if you're delayed - you're always raring to go. I don't envy you in the morning getting up for work - I like an extra day to try and get back on UK time.

Thank you for posting - I really enjoyed your report :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter