Long term parking At Bradley Int'l

sherrie

<font color=CC66CC>On a quest to find a talking tr
Where do you park when leaving Bradley. Husband asked me to check for offsite places. i searched Aol and google and only found one. Thanks for any help.

Definitely park at Roncari Express Valet parking. They have a secure lot. And if by any chance you or your DH work for Aetna, you get a discount. They may have other companies that I am not aware of.

Call 1-860-627-8201 or 1-800-555-6540

Roncar is a good place to park, and I've often used Piccolo Bradley Air Parking as well, since I get a discount card there thru work. I've had no problems with either company.

My understanding is that the airport parking is only $6 per day, so I plan on parking there. I think there are lots for less than 1 week and lots for more than 1 week. The $6 is for the less than 1 week.

Here is a link to a long list of airports and their information. I have parked at Bradley. There are several lots. It will cost you anywhere from $35 to $55 per week. I parked in one of the lots close to the terminal building. Shuttle buses pick you up frequently. Pick a lot from the diagram on the website.

http://www.wajb.freeserve.co.uk/uk.htm#s

Good Luck

Although long-term parkign at the airport may be slightly less expensive ($1-$2 per day difference) I think parking somewhere like Roncari or Piccolo is more convenient, especially if traveling during the winter. When you return, the shuttle picks you up, and they have your car running and cleaned of any snow or ice, all set to drive home. If you park in long-term parking at the airport and there's a storm while you're gone (not that we've had much snow this winter, but you never know) you may be stuck having to dig out your car, and scrape the ice and snow off. This actually happened to a friend of mine once - she parked in long-term parking, and there was a snowstorm while she was gone. She retuned to find piles of snow around her car from where the plows had plowed the aisles of the lot. She had to find a shovel to dig her car out. I'd much rather have someone get my car all ready for me when I return. If you are traveling in warm weather, this obviously wouldn't be as big of a concern.

Good tip on the parking. I hadn't considered the snow isue. I have been luck so far I guess.

We flew out of Bradley once before and from Sunday to Thursday it cost us $55.00...Hope that helps...:)

our AAA card for a discount. We park there every time and have been pleased with their secure lot. Seems that there is always a shuttle bus ready to take you off as soon as you arrive.

We have always used Avistar. It is similar to the other valet services. You bring your car to their lot and board a shuttle bus right to your terminal. On the way home you call Avistar when you are getting your bags at baggage claim. They ask your claim number so they can warm up your car and bring it up front for you. They are terrific. They offer many online discounts as well as 15% off for AAA and AARP. Rates are $39.99 for the week. I highly recommend it.

Avistar Parking

If you use Bradlee's lots do they have quick shuttles to go to the airlines

I can't comment on Bradley's lots, but the shuttles at Roncari and Piccolo have always been very quick and efficient.

It is a bid service for off-airport long-term parking companies. I've gotten some really good deals this way. They don't handle every airport in the US, but if they have contracts in your city, the prices are wonderful.

I have to second the recommendation for Avistar - we used them for our January trip (non WDW), and it was absolutely wonderful!!

Previously, we'd had such a BAD experience with the parking lots at Bradley (on airport) that we SWORE NEVER to fly out of Bradley again! But airline prices for our Jan 2002 trip were so much better at Bradley than PVD that we ended up going out of Bradley - we parked at Avistar and LOVED it.

Our bad experience parking at teh airport parking at Bradly was in Jan 2001, and a WDW trip - we arrive at the airport an hour and 15 mins before our mid week late afternoon flight (remember the good old days?). EVERY lot at Bradley was FULL, except the one farthest away from the terminal. So that's where we parked; we saw a shuttle pulling away just as we were parking the car.

We went to the small kiosk to wait for the shuttle (the only ones there at the time). Then we WAITED, and WAITED and WAITED for a shuttle to take us to the terminal - after 25 minutes ONE shuttle finally shows up. It held less than HALF of the people that were waiting - we only managed to get on because I pushed my way through the crowd of people who had NOT been waiting as long as we had.

Who knows when the next shuttle showed up to take the rest of the people to the airport. I had considered walking to the terminal, but there were several problems - we were so far away from the terminal that I actually couldn't figure out which way to go. Plus, either their were no sidewalks or the sidewalks were never cleaned off after teh last snowstorm, so we would have had to walk in the wet and dirty street, carrying our luggage.

We finally made it to the terminal 15 minutes before our flight left - we checked in and RAN to our flight, and they closed the doors after us. When we returned, it had snowed, and we also had a little difficulty getting into the car to get the scrapers for the windsheild (car and surrounding area covered with snow). For all of this annoyance we paid $50/week; we were gone for 10 days, and price was approx. $85.

With our Jan 2002 trip, we drove into the Avistar parking lot - filled out a form that took about 1 minute (name, address, phone, airline, return flight, car registration/license plate etc). You leave your car with the keys in it right where you pull in. There was a shuttle waiting for us, already warm. The driver took our bags out of our trunk, and put them onto the shuttle. One other couple had pulled up at the same time as we did, so the four of us got into the shuttle, and we left! Took about 2 minutes to get to teh termina, maybe 4-5 mins total from the time we pulled into the lot.

On our return, we used the courtesy phone in the terminal for Avistar, gave them our ticket number, and waited approx. 5 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up. The car was waiting for us, started, with the heater running, and was warm by teh time we got to it. I went into the building to pay ($35/week plus a couple days), ended up being about $55 for the 10 day trip.

We were driving home before the poeple who parked at the airport parking had even gotten to their cars!

Use Avistar - they're GREAT!

We've used Roncari in the past. But their prices are now alot higher than Piccolo or Avistar. There services are all about the same.

One pet peeve I have is that at Bradley, everyone congregates on the curb right outside baggage claim, blocking the exit from the terminal building. Therefore, unless you climb over people with your luggage, you can miss the shuttle back to the parking lot. Hope the new "world class" (I doubt it!) Bradley figures this problem out.

PolyPal,
WOW, you hit on one of my major pet peeves, not only at the airport, but anywhere there is an exit from anywhere. :)
On our last trip home we encountered this woman, husband, three insufferable children and one of the grandmothers. This woman proceeded to drop all her carry on stuff (which was considerable) right in the middle of the floor, so, anyone leaving the baggage area had to do an obstacle course to get out. IMHO, that was not necessary and very inconsiderate.

Hi Gail,

I hate those inconsiderate boobs who block the exits or cause your to run an obstacle course. Last month I had my wife, 2 kids, a car seat, a large rolling suitcase, garment bag and one carry-on and nearly missed the Piccolo shuttle because these dopes drop their bags right on the sidewalk outside the exit doors. I have to admit, I was not real sorry when I pushed my way through and "accidentally" knocked over some of their luggage. Of course this was after waiting 45 minutes for our luggage at the new "world class" Bradley!

Poly Pal

Ooh, ooh - Poly Pal and Gail, I have to get in on this!

I first hate how you have to either go down the long ramp or down the congested stairs to get outside from the baggage claim - then deal with the hoardes of people standing in the way of getting to the little ramp from the sidewalk!

I travel quite a bit for business so DH picks me up from those trips in the pick-up lane...it takes me 10 minutes to just get out the door and across the first lane of traffic! I usually end up just carrying my rolling suitcase to get around all of the...um...other travelers (biting my tongue here!) I, too, am hoping for a better and more thought-out design at the new terminal.

FYI, on-topic of this thread: Travelers employees get discounts at two or three of the long term lots (Avistar, Piccolo, and I think another one), if anyone happens to be a TIC employee check on Travnet for the discount listing.

there is also NO ramp to get to the pickup location on the main drag after you get out of the terminal. If you walk out the doors from SWA down the ramp and try to cross the shuttle "tunnel", it is nearly impossible to find a way to push those little "quick carts" up on the sidewalk. It is NOT wise to walk in that tunnel looking for one. ;)
I just LOVE the people who stop dead in front of the doors to light up. I smoke, but, geez, I can wait to walk the 20-30 feet out of the way to light up.
Remember this is CT, I cannot wait to see what their definition of "World Class" is. If the Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods was building it, it would be World Class, but......alas, the DOT is in charge of this baby. Sad, really sad. ;(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter