Longest Cruise?

The WBPC trip is 14 NIGHTS not 15, it arrives in the disembarkation port on the morning the the 15th "day" but you don't spend 15 nights on board the ship, why does everyone keep saying that it's 15 nights???? I've sailed on the 2017 WBPC and have booked the 2019 WBPC both are 14 nights.
We were on the inaugural sailing of the Wonder through the Panama Canal January 6-21, 2011. It was 15 nights, but then, it was the inaugural sailing. I believe the ones since then are 14 nights.

My wife and I were on the 15 night Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder in 2011. My wife and I would love to do a longer DCL cruise than this when/if it is offered; but it would probably have to wait until we are both retired.

The earlier PC where 15 nights we did the very first one on the Magic in 2005 Port Canerval to LA .

The WBPC trip is 14 NIGHTS not 15, it arrives in the disembarkation port on the morning the the 15th "day" but you don't spend 15 nights on board the ship, why does everyone keep saying that it's 15 nights???? I've sailed on the 2017 WBPC and have booked the 2019 WBPC both are 14 nights.
Not really relevant to the point, but if it bothers you ... 15 day.

How does one not gain a huge amount of weight on these long cruises? Did you guys gain alot?? We eat like pigs at WDW but balance it out with walking all day.... We booked our first cruise and are worried about gaining.... As we cant say no to food!
Breakfast Buffet - if you Must have "a little of this and a little of that" - make sure that it's really just a little! A scoop of eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausage links, grilled tomato, a waffle, a couple of pancakes, a hash brown, seasoned potatoes, and then the doughnuts and croissants, and then add the juice, milk and fruit - before you know it your plate is full a an entire days worth of calories. Trust me, I've learned over 20+ cruises!!

Lunch - skip the buffet (unless you've skipped breakfast). Just get something small from the pool deck quick serve areas. You can get burgers, hot dogs, chicken strips WITHOUT the fries (They always want to put them on your plate - be insistent!!)

If you've succeeded in limiting your food intake during the day - then dinner is pretty much what ever you want. 3 appetizers, an entree and 3 desserts ... oh yea!

My issue is that there is all of this "Free Food" and I want to get my moneys worth!!

Our Rules for any cruse are:
1) Take the Stairs - you can chant "Eat More Desserts, Eat More Desserts" as you are climbing them (I live on deck 2 - so there are always stairs - up to Deck 9 on the classics and ugh ... Deck 11 12 or 13 on the Dream Class!)

2) Sea Days - walk at least 2 miles. Three or Four is better

3) Limit Breakfast and lunch.

4) shore days - are usually active - if in the Caribbean / Bahamas - then snorkeling, Alaska - hiking, Med / Northern Europe: on your feet all day touring the sites / museums.

Because there have been some Trans Atlantic and Panama Cruises that were in fact 15 nights, not 14. Most of them are 14 nights but there have been 15 night scheduled cruises on DCL.

Our Rules for any cruse are:
1) Take the Stairs - you can chant "Eat More Desserts, Eat More Desserts" as you are climbing them (I live on deck 2 - so there are always stairs - up to Deck 9 on the classics and ugh ... Deck 11 12 or 13 on the Dream Class!)

2) Sea Days - walk at least 2 miles. Three or Four is better

3) Limit Breakfast and lunch.

4) shore days - are usually active - if in the Caribbean / Bahamas - then snorkeling, Alaska - hiking, Med / Northern Europe: on your feet all day touring the sites / museums.

1) This is exactly what my wife and I have done. We typically only use the stairs once, when we first board holding all our carry-on luggage. We even carry them down the stairs when disembarking because of the huge lines at the elevators.
2) Again, we do this daily. Walk a minimum of a mile; three to four times a day. We typically do more than a mile each time we took a walk.
3) Normally when I do a brunch here at home I skip the salad and fruit line go directly for the artery clogging food (luckily we rarely do brunch at home). On a cruise it's the first thing I put on my plate. Along with filling a bowl with oatmeal. Same thing when going to the quick service food during the day. I will go for the fruit and the occasional burger or dog.
I go crazy during dinner.

I would guess the general consensus to answer this question is 15 nights. Anything more than that on DCL would have to have been a B2B.

I can't imagine getting that much time away from work. My 15 day WBPC is pushing it.

When my DH was working(35 years), he never ever took more than a week's vacation at any one time. Retirement is the best, especially since you don't have to return to a job once you get back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter