Longest Cruise?

jkburns

Mouseketeer
Here's a question for our resident historians: What is the longest (i.e. number of days/nights) cruise offered by DCL to date; and what was the itinerary?

Just curious.......

Our EBPC was 15 back in 2008. If you want to create your own, do what we did last year and book a Magic Med./WBTA B2B for 19 days. The new ships might offer more lengthy itineraries...we can only hope...around the world to all the Disney parks??

Our EBPC was 15 back in 2008. If you want to create your own, do what we did last year and book a Magic Med./WBTA B2B for 19 days. The new ships might offer more lengthy itineraries...we can only hope...around the world to all the Disney parks??
We did a Med/WBTA B2B that wound up being 24 nights. That's the longest we've been on a Disney cruise.

How does one not gain a huge amount of weight on these long cruises? Did you guys gain alot?? We eat like pigs at WDW but balance it out with walking all day.... We booked our first cruise and are worried about gaining.... As we cant say no to food!

How does one not gain a huge amount of weight on these long cruises? Did you guys gain alot?? We eat like pigs at WDW but balance it out with walking all day.... We booked our first cruise and are worried about gaining.... As we cant say no to food!
I typically actually lose weight on a cruise. I don't eat any more than eat while at home. Generally, breakfast, afternoon snack (gotta have those chicken tenders) and then dinner (appetizer/soup/salad - one of those, entree, and dessert). About 1/2 the time I don't get any appetizers, and just do an entree and dessert. I'm not a very big eater normally, and just "graze" during the day (no actual meals, but small servings of stuff through the day). So I don't do well with "must sit down and eat 3 big meals a day" situations. My stomach just doesn't hold that much at any one seating.

Only exception - Palo brunch.

Walking up and down stairs instead of using the elevator is a good part of the trip, also.

And all the walking you do on any excursions in ports.

we go to the gym most days. I’m not much of a breakfast eater so have Cove late and a banana from the fitness center. Try to eat a salad or wrap for lunch. Have a late snack like chicken nuggets or pizza around 5 because we always do late dinner,

I always lose weight prior to a cruise so I can eat what I want and hopefully not gain more than I lost. On our 14 night PC cruise I gained 6 pounds. I wore my tighter clothes at the beginning of the cruise and saved my roomier clothes for the end. I also got in at least 10,000 steps on most days.

Most people gain lots of food and DCL uses lots and lots of sodium. But it’s easy to lose it when you get back home. I usually lose 5 pounds in three days once I’m off the ship. Eat normal again and control my sodium.

Most people gain lots of food and DCL uses lots and lots of sodium. But it’s easy to lose it when you get back home. I usually lose 5 pounds in three days once I’m off the ship. Eat normal again and control my sodium.
I usually lose about 5-6 pounds on a cruise, and gain it back, once home. Can't explain why, but that's what happens.

Take the stars. Walk on deck 4. Go to the gym. Swim. I ate a small breakfast, a regular portion lunch, and a nice dinner. Sometimes I had pizza or chicken fingers later. I ate two or three desserts a day. I didn't gain a pound.

We did B2B Hawaii cruises for a total of 20 nights, which was our longest time on a cruise ship. Also did the inaugural sailing of the Wonder through the Panama Canal and that was 15 nights. We love the longer cruises.

DCL uses lots and lots of sodium. But it’s easy to lose it when you get back home. I usually lose 5 pounds in three days once I’m off the ship. Eat normal again and control my sodium.
They must use a lot of sodium at dinner because I would always feel so bloated afterwards.

The 2017 Magic EBTA (Eastbound Transatlantic) was 15 nights. Started in Cape Canaveral, ended in Copenhagen. As to the chance of overeating - After a few days of lots of food, it is easy to cut back to normal eating.

I can't imagine getting that much time away from work. My 15 day WBPC is pushing it.
We prefer the long cruises. Shorter than 7 nights is just not in our comfort zone. I find it takes close to 3-4 days to really get to know the ship (yes, even ones I've been on before). Mostly because I've been on different ships. And since we're not dedicated to a specific deck/side of the ship, I take a couple of days to figure out what direction to head when exiting my room.

The WBPC trip is 14 NIGHTS not 15, it arrives in the disembarkation port on the morning the the 15th "day" but you don't spend 15 nights on board the ship, why does everyone keep saying that it's 15 nights???? I've sailed on the 2017 WBPC and have booked the 2019 WBPC both are 14 nights.

We did the 15 night WBPC in 2014, yes - 15 nights, not days...that cruise had a stop in Key West and Cozumel on the way to Cartegena...they started the 14 days cruises in 2015 on our second WBPC...

We were on our first 15 night EBTA and did a 7 night back to back on the Northern European cruise for a total of 22 nights...it was awesome and we are now lined up for another 14 night EBTA and 7 night Med cruise this May.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter