Looking for Points Rental for Aulani

jaty0201

Earning My Ears
Looking to go to Aulani Feb. 9-Feb. 15th 2020. I'm not overly familiar with the points rental process but seems like its a great way to save money. Would anyone have rental points for that week available? Or would they be harder to come by since its so close to those dates?

There is a DVC Board here on the DIS for renting DVC points. You can look there, but I just ran a quick search for those dates and no rooms at Aulani are currently available for the entire stay. There are blocks of 3 or 4 nights in certain 2 and 3 bedroom villas.

Yep, was just typing the same thing. DVC rooms can be booked up to 11 months in advance, so at less than 2 months out, you'll typically have a hard time finding a points-based room--especially for Valentine's week, I would bet. I'm sure there are still cash reservations available, though. If you've never rented points before, I'd recommend going through a broker for your first time, as opposed to an independent member.

I'll echo what @jodybird511 said. DVC point reservations need to be secured 7-11 months in advance in order to have the best chance at obtaining availability for the view and room type you want. Also, for a first timer, its strongly recommended to go through a broker so you understand the risks and implications of the process. There are also some caveats of a point rental that sometimes turn people off. Two reputable brokers are David's and DVC Rental Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter