• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for some recommendations

Strawberry Lemonade

<font color=navy blue>Lucas' mama</font><br><font
I'm looking for some restaurant recommendations at MGM - for both lunch and dinner. I'm primarily interested in table service for both...and if you can recommend any good dishes too, I'd be forever grateful! Thanks!

We have been to Mama Melrose once on each of our last 7 trips and are going back again in July. Obviously we like it there. ;)
The 4 cheese flat bread is always delicious. Within the past year or so they added a Chicken Parm to the menu which has become another favorite of mine.

The Brown Derby has delicious menus for both lunch and dinner. At lunch, the Bleu Cheese Filet is wonderful (not on the dinner menu for some reason) and dinner has a variety of excellent choices. The desserts are also great.

50s Prime Time Cafe is loads of fun and the food could be described as "comfort food:" fried chicken, pot roast, pot pies. The Brown Derby is more gourmet. Both would be excellent choices. You can visit their menus at www.allearsnet.com under the restaurants section.

I second Mama Melrose. We loved this restaurant and I cannot wait to go back this Fall. We split:

- Caesar salad
- Baked Caprino cheese appetizer (caprino is goat cheese and I loved it)
- Penne Alla Vodka

They also serve this wonderful bread with 2 spreads, if I remember correctly, a sun-dried tomato spread and a pesto spread. (we also requested butter) A friend and I went for the day, we both loved this restaurant and now it is one of my favorites.

Mama Melrose and Prime Time are also our favorite MGM restaurants. At Mama's my favorite thing is the steak -- comes with a wonderful sauce and pasta. I prefer the meatloaf at Prime Time while DH likes the fried chicken. If you like shakes, Prime Time also has huge old-fashioned (i.e., made with ice cream) ones.

I appreciate all your input. We were in a bit of a rush, and wanted to make PSs tonight, but after just a few suggestions we were able to decide on '50s Prime Time for lunch and Brown Derby for dinner.

Next time, I'm sure we'll try Mama Melrose, but we're already having Italian at EPCOT.

Thanks again!

I think you'll like the Derby. The Cobb salad is good, as are the pork and steak entres. Also try the grapefruit cake for dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter