Looking for something new

ddpaints

Mouseketeer
Good evening Dis people. We will be visiting the World in April and I am starting my search for some different restaurants . We are DVC members and have been many times. We have our favorites but I would like to look at some that we have never been to. The kids are 11 and 9 (at time of travel) the older is not picky but also not too adventurous. The younger is very adventurous and thinks the world of food is just waiting for her to discover it.
Please note this is only for dinner and sit down. We eat breakfast in the room and pack a lunch.

Here are a list of our favorites please add in any that are not on the list along with your favorite food on the menu.

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jiko /Sanna/ Boma

BWV
Flying fish (the others are gone)

Polynesian
Ohana / Spirt of Aloha

Wilderness Lodge
Artist Point/ Whispering Canyon

Fort Wilderness
Hoop De Doo / Trails End

Contemporary
Chef Mickey/ California Grill

Epcot
Restaurant Merrikesh/ Chef's de France/ Coral Reef/ Le Cellier/ Nine Dragons/ San Angel Inn

DHS
Mama Melrose/ Sci -Fi

AK
Breakfast at Tusker's House/ Rain forest Cafe

Disney Springs
Bongo's / Morimoto's/ Raglan Road

Homecoming is great! I really enjoyed the fried chicken and donuts & mac and cheese :)

You have a lot of our favorites but there a few I can add.
HS - we enjoy HBD - We all love their cobb salad - and their grapefruit cake is delicious. Many times I get two appetizers or a large Cobb salad.

Contemporary - we just found the Wave and we loved everything we ate there.

EPCOT - We love Garden Grill - one of the best character interactions with Chip and Dale and all of the food is really good. It is a preset menu and served family style - All you care to enjoy and Great dessert too.
- We also love Via Napoli - all of the pizza is delicious.

Grand Floridian - We really enjoy 1900 Park Fare - the step sisters are hysterical - it is a good buffet. We love the strawberry soup.

AK - Yak and Yeti - all of our loved our meal there. Very delicious. The pot stickers and lettuce cups were delicious. The burger, salmon and Ribs were delicious.

Enjoy!

Your list looks great! I'd also recommend Skipper Canteen at MK, lots of fun and good options and super convenient at MK. I enjoyed the sustainable fish, the Kungaloosh! is a fantastic dessert. The Schweitzer Slush was also fun to try.

For a more serious choice near MK, I agree with the post above and recommend The Wave. I had the scallops and DH had the beef tenderloin, we were both really happy with our meals.

I second the vote for Yak n Yeti, we've always had good meals there and it's a nice break from the heat. Also at AK, we are planning to try Tiffin's on our next trip, so far most reviews have been recommending it strongly.

My family enjoys Biergarten and they have a kid friendly food section there. I'm partial to the German food--the rouladen is my favorite, but the German potato salad and apple strudel are also great. The band is lots of fun!

Homecoming is great! I really enjoyed the fried chicken and donuts & mac and cheese :)

You have a lot of our favorites but there a few I can add.
HS - we enjoy HBD - We all love their cobb salad - and their grapefruit cake is delicious. Many times I get two appetizers or a large Cobb salad.

Contemporary - we just found the Wave and we loved everything we ate there.

EPCOT - We love Garden Grill - one of the best character interactions with Chip and Dale and all of the food is really good. It is a preset menu and served family style - All you care to enjoy and Great dessert too.
- We also love Via Napoli - all of the pizza is delicious.

Grand Floridian - We really enjoy 1900 Park Fare - the step sisters are hysterical - it is a good buffet. We love the strawberry soup.

AK - Yak and Yeti - all of our loved our meal there. Very delicious. The pot stickers and lettuce cups were delicious. The burger, salmon and Ribs were delicious.

Enjoy!

Your list looks great! I'd also recommend Skipper Canteen at MK, lots of fun and good options and super convenient at MK. I enjoyed the sustainable fish, the Kungaloosh! is a fantastic dessert. The Schweitzer Slush was also fun to try.

For a more serious choice near MK, I agree with the post above and recommend The Wave. I had the scallops and DH had the beef tenderloin, we were both really happy with our meals.

I second the vote for Yak n Yeti, we've always had good meals there and it's a nice break from the heat. Also at AK, we are planning to try Tiffin's on our next trip, so far most reviews have been recommending it strongly.

My family enjoys Biergarten and they have a kid friendly food section there. I'm partial to the German food--the rouladen is my favorite, but the German potato salad and apple strudel are also great. The band is lots of fun!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! All of this food talk is making me hungry.

The Wave sounds interesting. I may need to add that one in. DH and I just read about Tiffin's and thought it looked intriguing . I have never heard of Homecoming I will check that out. Yak and Yeti has been on my radar . I know DH either wants to do Hoop De Doo or Ohana again this trip and he mentioned doing a country we hadn't tried at Epcot. The Biergarten suggestion will definitely be put in the running. I love German potato salad!!!!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! All of this food talk is making me hungry.

The Wave sounds interesting. I may need to add that one in. DH and I just read about Tiffin's and thought it looked intriguing . I have never heard of Homecoming I will check that out. Yak and Yeti has been on my radar . I know DH either wants to do Hoop De Doo or Ohana again this trip and he mentioned doing a country we hadn't tried at Epcot. The Biergarten suggestion will definitely be put in the running. I love German potato salad!!!!

I should have mentioned in my original post, it's called Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' and it's at Disney Springs! Definitely check it out, it's got great reviews :)
I'm hungry too reading all these great restaurants!

More votes for The Wave, Tiffins, Hollywood Brown Derby, Yak & Yeti, and Biergarten.

MK: Skippers Canteen
Epcot: Spice Road Table
AK: Tiffins
DHS: I have nothing!

We loved Skippers but were not at all impressed with Tiffins. Garden grill is definitely a favorite and by far the best character meal we have found. Narcoossee's and Sanaa are outstanding for both food and atmosphere (though Sanaa must be during daylight so you can see the animals!) The best I've found at DHS is the Tune-in Lounge serving the 50's Prime Time menu, but super fast and without all the hassle. Via Napoli had great pizza but I am still on my quest for excellent Italian on property (some day I'll make it to Il Mulino...) Wolfgang Puck Express puts all other quick service to shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter