looks like they have made some changes to the RAT and website

My contract is AKV-Kidani and although I didn't complete the booking just now, it was going to allow one in April at Jambo so I think it must have just been a glitch.

Yes, looks like its been corrected. I emailed MS yesterday.

My contract is Jambo and when I try to select a Kidani room it still prevents booking outside of the 7 month window so still not fixed.

Or maybe IT just got a report that Kidani contracts couldn't book at Jambo and didn't figure Jambo contracts might want to book at Kidani..........

Following along for updates on if/when the option to add a DP to an upcoming vacation online will return. It's been gone for us since before the update-- I was worried it was just a glitch with our account, so I'm relieved to see it's a universal problem ATM.

My contract is Jambo and when I try to select a Kidani room it still prevents booking outside of the 7 month window so still not fixed.

Or maybe IT just got a report that Kidani contracts couldn't book at Jambo and didn't figure Jambo contracts might want to book at Kidani..........
I tried to book a day inside my 11 month window at Jambo, my home resort is Kidani, and it wouldn't let me.

I also just tried booking Jambo inside the 11 month window and was not able to. Home resort is kidani. I hope they get this fixed as I am planning a trip for May 25. I am sure if I call member services to book, they can book the Jambo room for me, but since I am hoping to get a value room, and ms doesn’t open until 9, won’t all the those rooms be gone by then? Booked by Jambo home resort owners online?

I also just tried booking Jambo inside the 11 month window and was not able to. Home resort is kidani. I hope they get this fixed as I am planning a trip for May 25. I am sure if I call member services to book, they can book the Jambo room for me, but since I am hoping to get a value room, and ms doesn’t open until 9, won’t all the those rooms be gone by then? Booked by Jambo home resort owners online?

In September we want to book a Jambo grand villa for August 2019. I don't want to wait until 9am to call as there are only 6 of them!

Edit to add: I also just went through the steps to book a Jambo room for March 2019 and it says it's outside my 7 month window.

Last edited:
This morning trying with my BLT contract to book Kidani for January. The message says I can book a stay beginning 6/23/2018 for 1/23/2019. Nope. I get an error message that it is outside my booking window. The member services number they have listed gives a "call cannot be completed as dialed" message. It is not the regular member services number so I am assuming an error. Quality!

This morning trying with my BLT contract to book Kidani for January. The message says I can book a stay beginning 6/23/2018 for 1/23/2019. Nope. I get an error message that it is outside my booking window. The member services number they have listed gives a "call cannot be completed as dialed" message. It is not the regular member services number so I am assuming an error. Quality!

I actually was getting that sort of glitch back when trying to reserve rooms at 7 months for November - so back in April. It caused me to loose a room at CCV that I had but when I clicked to reserve and select points then it said it was not a home resort. Backed out and back in a couple of times but the last 2 of 4 nights were gone. I finally just reserved those but then decided to switch our plans and booked something else.

Sorry fot all the Kidani Jambo nonsense. Hopefully it gets fixed for you all soon.

I don't recall a proclamation listed that one doesn't have a reseversation until it is fully booked on the old site. It is listed very clearly and prominently on the new site.

I too have lost rooms to bizarre technical issues, their IT issues I mean, so I guess that's an OH WELL reply on that issue. :drinking1:goodvibes

I am loving the new update for the phone. Before it was taking a long time just to change the calendar. I can see choosing the phone all the time now.

Have to say I'm not loving this new update to the site. Was booking a room today, filled out all the info, clicked the book button and the site crashed on me. Ended up having to start all over again. Thankfully the room was still available.

It sure seems like Disney does no testing before rolling out a new version of their software.

Just tried to book an 11 month room at Jambo with a Kidani home resort and it appears the glitch is yet to be corrected.

Had a great experience this morning switching resorts. Not only did I not have to do the two browser thing, I knew I had the new room and it switched them easily. I also saved some points. I was done in under 5 minutes this morning. Love the new site.

Had a great experience this morning switching resorts. Not only did I not have to do the two browser thing, I knew I had the new room and it switched them easily. I also saved some points. I was done in under 5 minutes this morning. Love the new site.

Could you share how you did it? Did you do "modify reservation" and then go from there?

Could you share how you did it? Did you do "modify reservation" and then go from there?

Yes, I clicked on my Dashboard and went down to my bookings. Hit the down arrow to show the reservation.
Clicked on view/modify
Click on modify again on the top box with the actual booking (not guest details)
It by default shows the days you have booked (in my case I was keep the same days, just changing resort)
Selected the resorts I wanted to search
Saw availiblty. What I wanted was completely available
If they are, click continue and then it will start the process.

Yes, I clicked on my Dashboard and went down to my bookings. Hit the down arrow to show the reservation.
Clicked on view/modify
Click on modify again on the top box with the actual booking (not guest details)
It by default shows the days you have booked (in my case I was keep the same days, just changing resort)
Selected the resorts I wanted to search
Saw availiblty. What I wanted was completely available
If they are, click continue and then it will start the process.

Definitely sounds easier to change at 7 months! Now just waiting to see how long before they get this Kidani/Jambo issue fixed!

Has anyone tried modifying a reservation to add an 8th day, 9th day, etc. and does it work fine?

Have to say I'm not loving this new update to the site. Was booking a room today, filled out all the info, clicked the book button and the site crashed on me. Ended up having to start all over again. Thankfully the room was still available.

It sure seems like Disney does no testing before rolling out a new version of their software.

Sigh. Hopefully they improve the system soon. :sad2:

As I have already posted they have covered their mistakes with the room isn't yours until completion wording. Obviously that was always the case as what could they really do if the room is gone. But now it is listed upfront.
It seems like it was strongly on their mind as they worked on the upgrade.:rolleyes1

Last edited:

Great to hear. :thumbsup2

What if you want to switch a reservation that is longer than 7 days? Can you change only the first 7 and keep a separate reservation for the remaining days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter