Losing it (the second time around) Comments Welcome!

It's so nice to see others are following the Dukan diet, this has been a life changing experience for me and still is. I began the diet 6 months ago at 235lbs and have lost 59lbs so far. Personally for me, It has not been easy but so worth it! I have slipped plenty of times but the best thing to do is not to dwell on it, just pick yourself up & try again.

I have 43lbs to go. But like to split it into mini goals - another 12 lb loss and my bmi will be overweight instead of obese, hoping to reach that by the end of July.

Well done on your losees so far :thumbsup2

Thanks, Clare Marie!

I have kind of modified the diet. I am doing veggies everyday instead of every other day. I just think this will be healthier for me.

The scale says 244.0 today!:thumbsup2 That is a .2 pound loss from yesterday.

I am super excited about the sugar free cheesecake I made with the truvia. I tasted a little and it is pretty yummy.:banana:

Scale said 244.2 this morning. Only a .2 lb gain from yesterday :thumbsup2. That I can handle.

The sugar free cheesecake was awesome and everyone agreed it was the best sugar free cheesecake they had ever had.

I did a 30 minute walk today(1.68 miles) outside with both babies in the double stroller. It was so hot:crazy2:.

Down to 243.8 this morning!:thumbsup2

I am getting close to the 15 lb WISH sticker:cool1:.

Today was a xtrain day. I did a Leslie Sansone 4 fast miles dvd. It was about an hour.

Scale says 242.8 today!:cheer2:

Today is my first official "long run". I am doing the Galloway Beginner Marathon Training for the race in January. I am supposed to do three miles. I hope to do it outside. Right now, I am not feeling that great so I may wait until this evening.

Just finished my 3 miles.

Holy crap it was hot.:scared:

It took me 57 minutes 6 seconds. That is about 19 minutes per mile. My pace really sucked today. I think it was mostly the heat coupled with doing my miles on a hilly road instead of in a flat subdivision like I normally do them.

Now I have to shower:dumbo:

242.6 this morning!:thumbsup2

Yesterday I started an experiment. I am adding back a serving of fruit everyday this week. Yesterday I ate an apple. This morning I had about 1/4 c blueberries on my oat bran gallette (the gallette is like a pancake thing that is part of the dukan diet). I want to see how this affects my weight loss and my energy during exercise. As long as my weight continues to go down I am going to keep the fruit everyday. Right now my diet consists of mostly low fat meats, low fat/fatfree sugarfree dairy, and vegetables. (plus the fruit).

Here's hoping! I did go down .2 pounds since yesterday even though I ate the apple.:goodvibes

Only 1.4 pounds until I get the 15 lb sticker:cool1:. Hopefully it will happen by the end of the week : )

242.2 this morning!:thumbsup2

So excited about that 15 lb pin. Today is a xtraining day and I am about to do a Leslie Sansone Walking Dvd (Walk Your Belly Flat). DS 3mo has me up early:crazy2:.

Congratulations! It sounds like it is going very well!

Thanks!

I had a banana half this morning with my breakfast (I know bananas are one of the higher carb fruits so that is why I only ate half). So far the fruit does not appear to be affecting my weight loss. I am really glad about that. It makes me feel a lot more well rounded in the diet area.

I also had a few cashews before lunch.

I gave in to my cravings today. I really wanted a brownie. I looked up low carb brownie recipes but they all had stuff that I didn't have for the ingredients(like almond meal). I finally found a low carb black bean recipe and decided to give it a try.

NASTY :crazy2:is all I have to say. A complete waste of black beans. I ate one small peice. Some diet stuff is just not worth it. Soon, I will make the yummy full sugar ones and they will be awesome. I will eat one normal sized brownie. Then, I will tell myself that one is enough and that I can always make another batch. I don't have to eat more than one because the ingredients to make those brownies will always be around. I will send them with my hubby to work and "that will be that".

That is my plan::yes::

I think I will make the brownies next Sunday night so that I can easily send them with the hubs the next morning. I would prefer to have them on Saturday (weigh in day) but it would just be too easy to justify multiple servings if they are laying around the house.

I hope eating that small piece didn't throw off my weight loss:sad:

Down to 242.0 today!:thumbsup2

I guess the cashews, half banana, and small amount of black bean brownies did not affect my weight loss.:beach:

Today I did a 30 minute walk/run. It is part of the Galloway Beginner Marathon Training Program. I did a 5 minute warm up, then 1:1 intervals. I started at 3.3 walking and 3.8 jogging. I worked my way up to 3.4 walking and 4.1 jogging by the end of the 30 minutes. I went 1.76 miles. That is a tiny bit over 17 minutes per mile:cool1:! Yes!

Had a half banana and some pb2 with my breakfast this morning.

I love this diet! Mainly because I have no guilt whatsoever about putting a piece of crumbled bacon on top of my low carb ice cream.

So excited.....the scale said 240.6 this morning!:cool1:

That is 1.4 pounds from yesterdaypixiedust:

I get my 15 lb sticker!

I did a Denise Austin Personal Trainer workout this morning (the low intensity cardio, upper body, and lower body workouts).

So jazzed about today.

Congratulations on your little one! :) My sister started the Dukan diet recently and lost a good 5 lbs in the first stage. She is in the Consolidation phase now and closer to her true weight. She feels great! It’s a healthy way of losing weight and I agree with Terapin that a daily dose of exercise is important. Walk as much as you can. Besides 2 pounds a week is a reasonable goal. So yes, go for it! :) Did you know this diet is also known as the Kate Middleton diet? The press says she did the Dukan Diet before her royal wedding!

Congratulations on your little one! :) My sister started the Dukan diet recently and lost a good 5 lbs in the first stage. She is in the Consolidation phase now and closer to her true weight. She feels great! It’s a healthy way of losing weight and I agree with Terapin that a daily dose of exercise is important. Walk as much as you can. Besides 2 pounds a week is a reasonable goal. So yes, go for it! :) Did you know this diet is also known as the Kate Middleton diet? The press says she did the Dukan Diet before her royal wedding!

That's interesting. I had never heard that.:)

Today the scale says 240.6. The same as yesterday:scratchin. I had two servings of fruit yesterday (banana in the morning and cantaloupe with lunch) and also a small square (think one by one inch) of the black bean brownies I made a few days ago. Guess I need to limit it to one piece of fruit a day for now.....and no more black bean brownies(which I really didn't like anyway:crazy2:).

Today's exercise is a 30 minute walk/run. I will probably do 1:1 intervals. About to get on the treadmill now.:moped: I am not looking forward to it because I would much rather be sleeping, but these babies aren't letting me sleep past 5:30am so I might as well. DS 3 months normally goes back to sleep to the sound of the treadmill, so I guess that's a good thing.:(

It sounds like you are really getting to know your body! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Terapin!

I got on the treadmill and then got right back off. I couldn't bear how boring I knew it would be. I grabbed DS 3 months and we headed out the door with the jogging stroller. I did a warmup for 5 minutes. Then I did a 30 minute walk (1.57 miles). That is a little over 19 minutes per mile. I know it wasn't my best pace......but at least I got out the door and did it.

I am leading a bible study for my sunday school class on the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Tuerkhurst (sp?). It is about how God made us to crave things and how your faith goes hand in hand with the food struggles that most women face. It is a good, easy read. It is tonight and this is our second week. One of my more fit friends does a workout right before the study. I am going to that tonight as a supplement to my workout this morning. She does one 15 minute mile and then a series of exercises that use your own body weight.

On another note.....I really wish my 15m old would take a morning nap because I could really use one today.:faint:

So I weighed in at 241.6 :worried:

That is up 1 lb from yesterday. We went to Panera Bread for the Bible Study. I got the "you pick 2" with french onion soup (minus the croutons) and the classic salad with no dressing (cucumbers, tomato, lettuce, purple onion). I am pretty sure the sodium from the soup is getting me. I looked online and it has 1650mg of sodium for that one little portion:scared1:. Hopefully this weight will be gone by tomorrow morning when I weigh in.

I guess the only disadvantage to weighing everyday is you see all the fluctuations.:confused3

Today is a cross training day. Gonna go mall walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter