@~Losing Weight for Mickey~@

Whats the hardest about dropping a few pounds?

• Miss Food

• Just thinking about it

• Working out

• Finding support

• Knowing what works

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right now I have been at a plateau for 3 weeks. Grrr! I want to lose 10 more pounds and then maintain that weight forever really, but at least until my trip.
First off, let me say a big CONGRATS on the 30 lbs!! That is so great!! :cheer2:

As far as the plateau thing, I was just reading about getting past them last night, so for what it's worth, I'll tell you what I read. Mostly, it was making a big change in your excercising routine -- they said that your muscles get accustomed to certain things and that to jump start them to start working harder to burn the fat, you need to change things up. Do different cardio and muscle groups, and don't do the same muscle group more than two days in a row. Also, they said to mix up your foods -- your metabolism stabilizes when it gets accustomed to certain calorie mixes, and you need to shake it up by introducing new foods.

Hope that info helps -- I'm just trying to bust through a plateau myself, although I think mine is more related to just not trying hard enough rather than my body getting bored. ;)

Good luck!!

although I think mine is more related to just not trying hard enough rather than my body getting bored. ;)

Good luck!!

Thank you so much for the support. I really love this thread. Have been reading it for quite awhile, but don't post much. I think my plateau is also for lack of trying. I do not exercise hardly at all. I do walk regularly, and occasionally say that's it I am going to start exercising more. Then it lasts about a week or two and I am back to being my normal lazy self. Sad I know. Then if I gain any weight, even a few ounces, I get annoyed with myself and that makes me binge eat and then I spend the rest of the week getting back on track. It is all so frustrating, but I am going to get through it and get back on track. And I will work on getting in more exercise too.

Holy cannoli... did Jillian again today, on about 4hrs sleep. :upsidedow I hate to admit that these 30 days (okay, 27 now... ;)) are seeming longer right now! She really gets ya, but I guess that's good, right?? Did some weights afterwards, mostly b/c I have to take a mini break here and there... but I still think I did better than the first time. Now I'm just starving again.... :rolleyes:

Hi Guys! I am back! Planning for my Dec. trip. Since I didn't get the weight off for the May trip, I am going to shoot for the Dec. trip! I can just see me by the volcano pool at the Poly without the use of a blanket coverup! Or at least needing one! My problem is the motivation. I can't seem to find it. I have reached deep inside and it just isn't there! Nope, not there! Don't know where it went! If talking would get it back, hey, it would be right by my side! But I don't see it there either!
One issue I have is with candy! Love my sweets. Offices on both sides of me have it setting out! It calls my name all day long! I literally hear it, I swear I do! Naturally, these two women are the thinnest in the office. That's because we fluffly people are eating the stuff!:rotfl2:

The sad part is, while I was pushing and doing WW, my DH was also losing. He lost about 30 pounds and was looking great. Swimming every day. I don't swim. Can't. Don't know how. Sink like a rock. Fat doesn't always float. Since I have slipped back into old patterns, so has he. Found a receipt in his pocket when I did laundry from Burger King: Double whopper with Cheese and large fry. :eek: So, my failure has a negative impact on him also.
Well, tomorrow is another day. I am back on the wagon, so to speak. Wish me well.

The closer it gets the harder I need to try. (because I know I will blow it all while I'm there w/ free dining).(do you justify it by saying.. but I'm walking it off?? :lmao:) How many miles do you think we log a day in Disney? I should bring my pedometer. I read somewhere that it was an average of 13 miles a day???? don't know how true that is. Maybe I'll start a new thread to see what people say.
Getting rid of those clothes is a good way to stick with it. (no going back). I need to go through my closet and get rid of stuff... (especially the maternity clothes!! ) I don't want to grow back into them for sure... It took me nearly a year to get out of them after the last baby).. :rotfl2: no.. I'm serious...
keep up the good work, and melt those pounds away.

hi i'm new to this thread, just found it actually. Anyway I brought my pedometer on our last trip and I believe we did about 16 miles in one day!

Oh wow 16 miles is alot.....way to go....!!! I am also thinking of bringing my pedometer...that would be so much fun to actually see those numbers....

Well today I didnt do so good......I ate 1 little piece of cake at my job!!
Oh welll.....I will get back on the wagon tonite and will work out harder!!

Welcome back ckdsnynt.....YOU CAN DO THIS!!

We all can......LETS GET ARE MOTIVATION CAPS ON!!

Talk to you soon.....
Yolie

So -- question for those of you who have done (or are doing) Jillian's Shred video... were you able to keep up with doing it every day?? I've done it 3 out of 4 days this week, and I'm DEAD!!

Part of it may be that I worked 2 nights this week and didn't sleep well the following day... I'm usually exhausted the day after (which is today).

But, I did the video this morning and have been logey and super tired all day... took my girls to the zoo, and just walking felt like a workout. :rolleyes:

So -- I want to do it tomorrow, but also want to hear how you all who did the program managed it. I have to work Fri/Sat/Sun nights, and don't want to physically wipe myself out before I go in to work!!

Good news, though... my weight is slowly dropping, but better than that -- I'm losing inches! :banana:

Congrats!! Losing weight is awesome....Plus you get to feel so good!!
What I am doing is Jillian every other day and then the other days I do
Leslie Sansone 5 mile blast walk....Its fantastic....and at every mile she jogs for 2 minutes it really kicks your butt into shape........

I cant wait till my Disney trip....Its also my very first MNSSHP.........:banana:

Just checking in. I did the wii active again, but I don't think it's working. I really don't "feel" the burn... I am going to try the JIllian work out. I was at Target tonight, and forgot to look for the dvd. I guess I'll have to make another trip there soon. Maybe that will help. I'm trying to stay positive and not fall off the wagon. I would like to trim about ten more pounds before my trip... I think I can do it if I stick to it, and increase the intensity of my work outs. Any other suggestions? Congrats to everyone on your achievements... keep up the good work!

Hi Guys! I am back! Planning for my Dec. trip. Since I didn't get the weight off for the May trip, I am going to shoot for the Dec. trip! I can just see me by the volcano pool at the Poly without the use of a blanket coverup! Or at least needing one! My problem is the motivation. I can't seem to find it. I have reached deep inside and it just isn't there! Nope, not there! Don't know where it went! If talking would get it back, hey, it would be right by my side! But I don't see it there either!
One issue I have is with candy! Love my sweets. Offices on both sides of me have it setting out! It calls my name all day long! I literally hear it, I swear I do! Naturally, these two women are the thinnest in the office. That's because we fluffly people are eating the stuff!:rotfl2:

The sad part is, while I was pushing and doing WW, my DH was also losing. He lost about 30 pounds and was looking great. Swimming every day. I don't swim. Can't. Don't know how. Sink like a rock. Fat doesn't always float. Since I have slipped back into old patterns, so has he. Found a receipt in his pocket when I did laundry from Burger King: Double whopper with Cheese and large fry. :eek: So, my failure has a negative impact on him also.
Well, tomorrow is another day. I am back on the wagon, so to speak. Wish me well.

Hi I am also going in December and want to lose weight before I go but I also have no will power and for me it is bread & pasta. I also am disabled so exercising is difficult and i don't even get the benefits of walking thru the parks I need an ECV. I am feeling kind of hopeless right now but will visit every day and see if i can find the motivation the rest of them have.:worship:

Hi I am also going in December and want to lose weight before I go but I also have no will power and for me it is bread & pasta. I also am disabled so exercising is difficult and i don't even get the benefits of walking thru the parks I need an ECV. I am feeling kind of hopeless right now but will visit every day and see if i can find the motivation the rest of them have.:worship:

Are you able to work out in a pool? Or I know someone who is disabled (my grandmother) that has a bad knee and a hard time walking and she does a lot of upper body weights. I know it may not sound very helpful, but she lost around 60 lbs so far (began working out spring '08). She is also eating better and does as much "walking" in the pool as possible. She has built up muscle in her arms and upper body and that allows her to burn more calories. As a bonus, since she has been losing weight, it is less pressure on her knee and she is able to walk more than before (still not a lot but a significant improvement). I would ask your doctor if they could recommend any exercises that you could try that would not upset your disability. Hope that helps and good luck!

I'm new to this thread in fact I'm new to posting entirely but I've been following the postings for about a week and have found that everyone here is so encourging and full of helpful thoughts and energy.
I'm a 48 year old mother of three. I'm in a high stress long hour corporate job that I'm addicted to but desperately need a vacation from.
My family and I are going to WDW in December and staying at the Poly. My 12 year old son has never been so I'm loving watching his excitement grow on a daily basis. I like everyone else here would like to lose some pounds before my trip. I have recently begun to eat healthy and I've even started exercising if you can call it that. Lifting hand weights 20 or so reps and walking. I'm hoping to lose about 30 to 40 lbs before we go but I think it's wishful thinking and would settle for 20 lbs if I had to. I am going to try and stay involved with this thread and I'm hoping that this time I'll be able to lose. I'm going to need your help so I'm open to any and all suggestions and advice.

Thanks to everyone for the inspiration and the anticipated encouragement!

I'm new to this thread in fact I'm new to posting entirely but I've been following the postings for about a week and have found that everyone here is so encourging and full of helpful thoughts and energy.
I'm a 48 year old mother of three. I'm in a high stress long hour corporate job that I'm addicted to but desperately need a vacation from.
My family and I are going to WDW in December and staying at the Poly. My 12 year old son has never been so I'm loving watching his excitement grow on a daily basis. I like everyone else here would like to lose some pounds before my trip. I have recently begun to eat healthy and I've even started exercising if you can call it that. Lifting hand weights 20 or so reps and walking. I'm hoping to lose about 30 to 40 lbs before we go but I think it's wishful thinking and would settle for 20 lbs if I had to. I am going to try and stay involved with this thread and I'm hoping that this time I'll be able to lose. I'm going to need your help so I'm open to any and all suggestions and advice.

Thanks to everyone for the inspiration and the anticipated encouragement!

Welcome to you. We're here to watch each others backs... We have all set some goals, and try to stick to them. A little encouragement, and positive thoughts can go a long way. Just remember the big goal... you want to look and feel good on your well deserved vacation. I' was hoping to lose another 20 lbs before my vacation... but realistically I know I'll be happy if I can bring it down 5-10 lbs, before my vacation. (20 is more like my long term goal now.) I think I've hit a plateau, and summer is harder for me since we tend to eat out more, and more parties, etc. Many of us have tried the Wii fit, which is alot of fun, but it seems the consensus now is to try Jillian's 30 day shred. I haven't tried it personally yet.. but I'm hoping to either get it on demand, or on dvd. Maybe that will help me.

Here's another question for all of you. Have any of you tried Nutri system or any of those places that sell you the "prepared" food? I wasn't really thinking of doing it myself, but yesterday my DSiL said she tried it, and didn't like it at all, but had about 2 weeks worth of food left over which she gave me to try. What do you think? I checked out the calorie counts on some of the containers, and honestly, they seemed quite high for the size of the container. I thought maybe I would try it.. but then, I thought if I went to the store and bought a normal can of soup, it would be the same calories? Anybody... thoughts?? has anyone tried it?

Personally I have never tried NutriSystem but a co-worker did. She said not only was the food not that good, she was starving to death! :confused3

So I bought another Jillian DVD called "No More Trouble Zones" and tried it last night for the first time. All I can say is, she kicked my BUTT!! hahaha It's definitely not a workout I will do every day but probably every other day. I did the 30 Day Shred Level 2 tonight and will go back to No More Trouble Zones tomorrow night. I can tell you that my triceps, abs and upper thighs are sore today. It's a good sore, like I know the new workout is working. :cool1:

That's all I've got for now. Hope everyone is doing well and WELCOME to all the newbies to the thread! :banana:

Ok. Here goes. I weigh about 25 pounds more than I did the day I left the hospital after having my youngest. :guilty: 184 last time I got on the scale...

I have done Weight Watchers and it was wonderful, but I totally fell off the wagon and slowly gained weight back (lost about 50 to start, so at least I didn't gain it ALL back).

I want to loose 30 pounds total. And I am going to do WW with my next WDW trip as motivation.

DH is on-board (thank goodness!) and that helps soooo much. If I didn't have to fix food for my 2 growing boys every hour, it would help also, but that is what they are supposed to do at this point, so I am just going to cowgirl up and deal with it.

SOMEHOW I managed to loose about 3 pounds over our last WDW trip (I am sure it melted straight off from the heat) and I have been racking my brain to remember all of my WW tips and tricks from before. I have stuck to my points and I am about half way thru that "2 week adjustment period" when your body thinks you have gone crazy and had your mouth sewn shut. Drinking LOTS of water (surely the 1000's of extra trips to the bathroom provide SOME exercise value) and conjuring up memories of my ZERO POINT foods for snacks.

ANYONE who wants to jump on the WW for WDW bandwagon with me is more than welcome! Between supporting each other and guilting each other ;) WE CAN DO IT!!!! :cheer2:

I WILL LOOK AWESOME FOR MY NEXT WDW TRIP PHOTOS!!!!:cool1:

I was really good that the "WW game" so if anybody has questions, please ask me!!!!! I'd love to help my fellow DIS'ers who have helped me so much!!!:hug:

Ok. Here goes. I weigh about 25 pounds more than I did the day I left the hospital after having my youngest. :guilty: 184 last time I got on the scale...

I have done Weight Watchers and it was wonderful, but I totally fell off the wagon and slowly gained weight back (lost about 50 to start, so at least I didn't gain it ALL back).

I want to loose 30 pounds total. And I am going to do WW with my next WDW trip as motivation.

DH is on-board (thank goodness!) and that helps soooo much. If I didn't have to fix food for my 2 growing boys every hour, it would help also, but that is what they are supposed to do at this point, so I am just going to cowgirl up and deal with it.

SOMEHOW I managed to loose about 3 pounds over our last WDW trip (I am sure it melted straight off from the heat) and I have been racking my brain to remember all of my WW tips and tricks from before. I have stuck to my points and I am about half way thru that "2 week adjustment period" when your body thinks you have gone crazy and had your mouth sewn shut. Drinking LOTS of water (surely the 1000's of extra trips to the bathroom provide SOME exercise value) and conjuring up memories of my ZERO POINT foods for snacks.

ANYONE who wants to jump on the WW for WDW bandwagon with me is more than welcome! Between supporting each other and guilting each other ;) WE CAN DO IT!!!! :cheer2:

I WILL LOOK AWESOME FOR MY NEXT WDW TRIP PHOTOS!!!!:cool1:

I was really good that the "WW game" so if anybody has questions, please ask me!!!!! I'd love to help my fellow DIS'ers who have helped me so much!!!:hug:

OK... Once again, this thread has been too quiet... I hope it's because we're all too busy working out. ;) I know that's my problem. :lmao: No really, I am looking for some motivation. I have gone to one too many county fairs in the last week or so, and I've got less than a month before my trip:eek:... so, NOW is crunch time... and I mean the abs.. and not the chips!... popcorn:: I've finally started the Jillian's 30 day shred... and I've got to say OUCH... it's got to hurt a little to be working right? Well... I am hoping to stick to it better and maybe have some positive results and not negative progress to report... We can do it!!! Lets melt these pounds off so we can look and feel good in Disney!

Dryomama... at least you're starting off better than you were...(does that make sense?)... You're ahead of the game by 25lbs... so don't let the 25 you gained back get you down... think of the positive, you're already 25 lbs less than you were when you started last time... Great accomplishment... and now your goal is not so far away. Keep up the good work, and fill us in on your progress.

Hey all... I haven't been around much, sorry for that... I worked some crazy hours last week and then was away for the weekend.

I've behaved myself pretty well, although I did allow myself some treats while we were away... how do you resist a Corona or two while sitting at the lake?? ;)

But, I've come home the same as I left... which is good, although before we left, I was pretty frustrated.

Two weeks of doing Jillian Michael's Shred DVD as well as her No More Trouble Zones DVD (bounced back and forth between the two last week), kept me calories around 1200 and didn't lose an ounce more than the 2 lbs. I'd lost the first few days. No more inches lost, either... VERY frustrating!

The consensus is that my calories were too low, which may be true, sending my body into "starvation mode" -- when I do lo-carb, my calories are much higher, which I never realized. So my body lets go of the water and fat and doesn't try to "hang on" to anything like it's apparently been doing b/c my calories were low.

So -- trying to lo-carb it again, just with some healthier foods... we'll see how the next week goes. I've got 9 weeks 'til our trip, and I'm not willing to keep experimenting with the whole "lo-cal" thing and have it not work well for me, and then suddenly be too close to my trip to accomplish anything! Lo-carb has always worked for me, it just gets boring... but I guess at this point, I'd rather be bored and successful than anything else. Plus, I need to accomplish my goals earlier than right before we leave, b/c if I don't add in "normal" food before we leave, my stomach rebels once we arrive and start eating all that good Disney food, and I end up not feeling all that great the first few days.

Keep up the good work ladies -- I hope everyone is doing well right now!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread off and on for a bit and am coming out of my lurking shadows to join.

DH and I just got back from WDW and boy did I splurge on everything in sight! There was no holding me back. I'm really in trouble now.

A bit of background on me. I have an 18 month old son who I gained a fair amount of weight with (healthy, I would say). Prior to getting pregnant, I had lost a good amount of weight, and was at my all time lowest weight as an adult. I lost all but 5 pounds of the baby weight within 6 months of having him - lots of running and salads, etc. Then the recession really hit, my job got super stressful (I work in the auto industry, along with more than half of my family) and I started to get depressed and anxious about both my work and personal life. BAM! My weight is back up where it was before I lost weight prior to pregnancy.... I had no motivation, let alone time, to devote to working out and of course, pizza is my comfort food, along with wine, margaritas, martini's, pasta, and mexican food....

Things have finally been starting to look up and I feel ready to work at losing this weight again. I don't think other people (those who haven't tried to lose weight like we do) understand how much focus and energy it takes to stay committed long enough to actually lose weight. But I've been feeling super unhealthy lately, just blah energy and yuck from the bad food and absolutely nothing in my closet fits... So here I am, joining you guys.

For me, counting calories and working out is what works for me. Also low-carb (but still reaching the appropriate amount of caloric intake). I have a formula that I've been using for years about how many calories I need to have to maintain (or lose) if anyone is interesed I can share. Unless I'm writing down what I eat though, I cheat. I also try to figure out what my obstacles are going to be ahead of time and plan what to do to get through them. But now I'm faced with one I've never dealt with before.... feeding a toddler!

I can't cook my low-cal, low-carb meals for him! He's just starting to eat people food, and has few teeth. He LOVES pasta, meatballs, meatloaf, etc. Fortunately for me, he also loves vegetables, like me, so we do get that each meal. But I am a chicken and vegetable type of dieter... how will I get around this and still cook for him? There's no way he can chew chicken yet... Any suggestions would be appreciated. :confused3

My goal is 15 pounds by our December trip, 20 would be amazing and my goal weight to maintain forever. But I'll "settle" for 15 (which is where I was pre-baby). I also really need to do this so I can start trying for another baby sometime next year (maybe).

Who wants to jump up and down w/ me??? I went from a size 18 last fall to a size 11, and still have like 2months b4 hubby comes home (2.5 till we go to disney!!!) I havent been a size 11 since b4 I had kids 4 years ago!!!!

Who wants to jump up and down w/ me??? I went from a size 18 last fall to a size 11, and still have like 2months b4 hubby comes home (2.5 till we go to disney!!!) I havent been a size 11 since b4 I had kids 4 years ago!!!!

:banana: I'm jumping with you... that is SOOOO great!! Congratulations!! How did you do it? Way to go! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter