• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Love my Disney Visa

cmadara

Mouseketeer
Saw this board and had to respond!
I love my Disney Visa!:lovestruc
I use it to charge EVERYTHING that I buy. If I could charge my mortgage I would! The key is to ALWAYS pay it off every month- NEVER carry a balance.
I have used it to purchase all sorts of things. My husband bought a motorcycle and charged it. The salesman looked at him like he was crazy, but we had the cash, paid it off when the bill came and got $100 FREE dollars. We used it to put a down payment on a truck. Unfortunately, we were only allowed to charge $5000, but that gave us $50 free dollars.
We go everyother year to disney and spend 6 days there. I always have enough rewards to pay for all our food (3 of us), souveniers and at least one night at the Polynesian.
This November, we are doing a disney cruise. I have enough to pay the balance of the cruise ($600) and it will pay for our food and tickets for 2 days after the cruise at the parks.
Just remember, PAY IY OFF every month- otherwise it is not worth it.
I'm sure Chase Visa hates me!

i want this disney visa CREDIT CARD sooo bad! i only ave the disney debit card through chase :( BUT...i will be applying soon for the disney credit card -was it hard for you to get? ((do you have 2 have a very high credit score?))

When I got my Disney Visa credit card in the mail and saw my credit limit was $13,500 I nearly fell over. I finally realized why, my credit score is 791! Keep working on building your credit and you should have the credit card in no time!! :thumbsup2

I agree with the PP, always pay your balance off every month. I wish I could put my mortgage on my card too!! To answer your question - My parents got denied b/c my dad is out of work.

I use it to charge EVERYTHING that I buy. If I could charge my mortgage I would! The key is to ALWAYS pay it off every month- NEVER carry a balance.
I have used it to purchase all sorts of things. My husband bought a motorcycle and charged it. The salesman looked at him like he was crazy, but we had the cash, paid it off when the bill came and got $100 FREE dollars. We used it to put a down payment on a truck. Unfortunately, we were only allowed to charge $5000, but that gave us $50 free dollars.
We go everyother year to disney and spend 6 days there. I always have enough rewards to pay for all our food (3 of us), souveniers and at least one night at the Polynesian.
This November, we are doing a disney cruise. I have enough to pay the balance of the cruise ($600) and it will pay for our food and tickets for 2 days after the cruise at the parks.

I do the same thing, charge everything then pay it off each month. I just paid one of my son's college bill for this fall ($12000). My other 2 sons also attend college but their colleges charge a service fee for using a Visa card so I end up paying by check with them. Wish I could charge their bill as well.
I've been saving my reward pts for our trip this January. It'll only be my DH and myself and so far I've gotten (2) non-expir 10 day tickets into the parks. Now I'm working on saving enough pts for our meals. I have about 400 pts saved right now, so by January I should have enough pts for our food as well. I guess Chase Visa hate me also, since I always paid it off each month also.

Yes the banks disdain people like us. But I love sticking it to them :cool1: Those who pay cash are paying for it anyways so you might as well use the card if you have the disipline to pay it off every month.

The only pitfall is, I know that it is coming, but more and more retailers are going to go to a cash discount way to pay. I already see it some, but the other day, it was at Krystal. A 3% discount if you paid with cash. I do not carry cash, so I used what I had and got my 1% toward Disney even though it costed my 2% more.:mad: Its gonna to an end I believe sooner than later.(The ability of saving more by paying cash)

The only pitfall is, I know that it is coming, but more and more retailers are going to go to a cash discount way to pay. I already see it some, but the other day, it was at Krystal. A 3% discount if you paid with cash. I do not carry cash, so I used what I had and got my 1% toward Disney even though it costed my 2% more.:mad: Its gonna to an end I believe sooner than later.(The ability of saving more by paying cash)

Wow I've only ever seen that at gas stations!
It's really irritating.

We got one because after the first purchase we get $200 in Disney Rewards Dollars. So we used it today for $5 on a purchase and paid it off today. LOL. We are thinking though of paying our cable and phone w/ it each month and then paying it off a few days later.

ITA - pay it off every month.

However, Chase actually probably loves you for using the Disney Visa card. They get a percent of every transaction you charge. I think it's around 2% or 3% of the transaction amount, and sometimes more. Thus, if you charge $60,000 on it (assuming a 3% merchant transaction fee), but pay it off every month, they still make $1,800 on the transaction fees alone and pay you your $600 in Disney Rewards. I bet they have a deal with Disney where Chase's cost is a percent of the reward cost, so the rewards may only be cost Chase a portion of the $600. Thus, they've just made over $1,200 on your card and you never paid one cent in interest.

The reason why Chase loves you. They have other reward cards where you can earn even more than 1% of the amount you spend. You continue to choose a card with a lower reward program than some of the other programs they offer.

Multiply that by thousands of users.

I think debit card rewards are smaller as the banks don't make as much on debit card merchant transactions as they do credit card transactions.

That said, I use a Disney Visa and pay it off every month. Yes, I could get better rewards elsewhere, but I just can't seem to stop using the Disney card.

Well its PROB. too much information but my credit score is only about 682 i just turned 20 and have >>1<< credit card the CHASE student credit card...and YES i pay it off every month- just scared to apply for the Disney credit card because i dont want them to deny me! AHHHHH!

I agree! I purchase everything with my Disney Visa also, and I pay it off each month. We save up money for each Disney trip, which is twice a year, but we always charge the trip on the card. We don't have enough points to purchase all our food, but we use DDP and pay our tips with our reward points, so its still a great deal for us!

We got one because after the first purchase we get $200 in Disney Rewards Dollars. So we used it today for $5 on a purchase and paid it off today. LOL. We are thinking though of paying our cable and phone w/ it each month and then paying it off a few days later.

How did you get this offer? Just curious because an extra $200 for our trip would be so nice! I have been saving my rewards for four years and just made it over $300 for our trip this year.

I charge every monthly bill that doesn't charge a fee, all my groceries, gas, everything. I also got a card for my sister (she's my Disney buddy) and she charges her bills and pays me every month. We pay it off every month,,We were able to get around $900.00 for our last trip in Dec.Saving up now for the next trip hopefully around January 2012. Already have almost $500.00.

Just a thought.....

Mind you, I too have a Disney Visa, but.....

My favorite card, and has been for a number of years, is the cash back American Express.

It's virtues:
  1. It's free.
  2. Up to your first $6500 in total purchases, you earn 1.5% on all gas, grocery and drugstore purchases.
  3. Up to your first $6500 in total purchases, you earn 0.5% on all other purchases.
  4. Once you reach an annual total of $6500, all of your gas, grocery and drugstore purchases earn 5%!
  5. All other purchases after you reach $6500 in total annual purchases earn 1.5%.
  6. All earning are in cash back annually.

All of your earnings are paid in CASH. If you don't happen to go to Disney that year (heaven forbid), you still get the cash. Cash is always good.

Please understand that I do not work for AMEX and have no vested interested in your choice. It just seems to me that getting cash and deciding what to do with it is better than being locked into having your rewards tied to something. Besides, they are greater rewards.

I would love to hear comments regarding this. Am I missing something? Isn't getting larger cash better?

All thoughts appreciated....

---Paul in Southern NJ

Me too! I love this card! I only use this card and pay it off every month - LOVE THOSE REWARD DOLLARS:goodvibes

I love my Disney Visa too. My DH and I got ours in July and we've earned $300 in rewards so far for our trip next week. We put everything on it that we can...bills, groceries, gas, etc. I just wish we could pay our mortgage too. Like the others say, you just have to make sure you pay it off every month. :)

At one point I saw there was an OBC if you book your Disney cruise and pay with your Disney Visa.?!

Is this automatic or do you have to inform them before the cruise?

thanks

At one point I saw there was an OBC if you book your Disney cruise and pay with your Disney Visa.?!

Is this automatic or do you have to inform them before the cruise?

thanks

Hey there! You have to mention coupon code, DCC and pay for your cruise using your Disney Visa!

Hey there! You have to mention coupon code, DCC and pay for your cruise using your Disney Visa!

Thanks I will give them a call!
I bought 3 rooms on the Dream Maiden voyage with my DV!
Have made my final payment on all 3!?!?
I shoud not have to tell them that, but I will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter