Love those 80's!

Benny Mardonnes' song reminds me of another hit from that time frame..any one know what major hit these guys were responsible for?

ultra easy hint...click the pic

I was wrong.....and I just can't live without.....
clicking the picture

I can't resist the TV temptation. I'm surprised that I haven't seen this one on the thread yet...anyone?

old21c.jpg

Bonus bragging rites if you can name the actor in the picture above who once starred with Mary Stuart Masterson and Aiden Quinn in a movie...AND can name the movie.

Here's another one for your guessing pleasure...

bb.jpg

ooooooooo.....good one...21 Jumpstreet. Johnny Depp was in "Benny & Joon" with MSM & Quin!!!!

Bosom Buddies was Tom's big break into becoming a household name!! Hmmm....I have no memory of the other guys name...although, I do remember him starring in some minor roles in other unmemorable movies and shows.

ooooooooo.....good one...21 Jumpstreet. Johnny Depp was in "Benny & Joon" with MSM & Quin!!!!

Bosom Buddies was Tom's big break into becoming a household name!! Hmmm....I have no memory of the other guys name...although, I do remember him starring in some minor roles in other unmemorable movies and shows.

The other guy had a large part in the Newhart series where they owned an Inn.

And the blonde married Dan Akroyd, I believe.

The other guy had a large part in the Newhart series where they owned an Inn.

And the blonde married Dan Akroyd, I believe.

Peter Scolari is the name of the blonde guy who played Tom Hanks' buddy. And I believe the name of the blonde woman, who is also the wife of Dan Aykroyd (you go, Denise! :thumbsup2 ), is Donna Dixon. Their boss was played by Holland Taylor who also plays the mother on Two and a Half Men.

Peter Scolari is the name of the blonde guy who played Tom Hanks' buddy. And I believe the name of the blonde woman, who is also the wife of Dan Aykroyd (you go, Denise! :thumbsup2 ), is Donna Dixon. Their boss was played by Holland Taylor who also plays the mother on Two and a Half Men.

TV was my main entertainment before I met you guys.

thats because they replaced sitcoms with reality TV....2 and a half men is one of very few shows still on TV worth watching....although I think its already cancelled. Along with Everybody Loves Raymond, Yes Dear, and Still Standing....tv really sucks these days. Our little cast of characters is MUCH more entertaining than whats considered reality TV...we should have a show!!!

thats because they replaced sitcoms with reality TV....2 and a half men is one of very few shows still on TV worth watching....although I think its already cancelled. Along with Everybody Loves Raymond, Yes Dear, and Still Standing....tv really sucks these days. Our little cast of characters is MUCH more entertaining than whats considered reality TV...we should have a show!!!

Amen, Brother Rog.

..any one know what major hit these guys were responsible for?

I knew Player's Baby Come Back without clicking the link... it's on my iPod right now. Love that song. Love this thread. Love that ROG, keep em coming.

I LOVE when you guys throw in a few....c'mon!!! Shan...you got mad tastes in tunes...I know you can stump us but good!!

Denise...you you have screaming skills in TV trivia....throw us a bone!!!

The rest of ya's.......throw in some questions and "little known facts"

Speaking of "LITTLE KNOWN FACTS".....which character from what show always had some "little known facts" to offer while holding down a bar stool in Boston? (yeah...I know....too many hints...waaaay easy....but I loved the show, and I loved to hate that character!!)

Rog, could you be talking about Cliff Claven?

Ok, here's one, name the sitcom that used this theme song:

Come and knock on our door...
We've been waiting for you...
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his...

I know the time frame for the show drifts back into the late '70s but it was still going strong into the early '80s and was a force to be reckoned with, even spawning a spin-off. I KNOW you know this one.

Here's another from the early '80s, a track I listened to on 8-track,

The song speaks, in three verses and three choruses, of a man who, disenchanted with his current relationship, reads the personals and spots an ad that catches his attention. Intrigued, he writes back and arranges to meet with the woman "at a bar called O'Malley's", only to find upon the meeting that his prospective new lover is his current lover. The song ends on an upbeat note, showing that the two lovers realized they have more in common than they suspected, and that they do not have to look any further than each other for what they seek in a relationship.

Sure, you can name the song, but WHO sang it? He was a two-hit wonder, his other hit was the song "Him", which never matched the popularity of his first hit.

I know the time frame for the show drifts back into the late '70s but it was still going strong into the early '80s and was a force to be reckoned with, even spawning a spin-off. I KNOW you know this one.

Three's Company!

3s company

Rupert Holmes(I think was the last name)
The Pina Colada song.....escape!!!

Oh..yeah...Cliff from Cheers is who I was refering to!!!

Here's another from the early '80s, a track I listened to on 8-track,

The song speaks, in three verses and three choruses, of a man who, disenchanted with his current relationship, reads the personals and spots an ad that catches his attention. Intrigued, he writes back and arranges to meet with the woman "at a bar called O'Malley's", only to find upon the meeting that his prospective new lover is his current lover. The song ends on an upbeat note, showing that the two lovers realized they have more in common than they suspected, and that they do not have to look any further than each other for what they seek in a relationship.

Sure, you can name the song, but WHO sang it? He was a two-hit wonder, his other hit was the song "Him", which never matched the popularity of his first hit.

Pina Colada song -- RUPERT HOLMES!

3s company spin off.....The Ropers!!!

believe it or not....every once in a while, a girl at work will request the pina colada song.....the ENTIRE CLUB sings along to it EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

Yes, Three's Company spun off The Ropers but it also spun off Three's A Crowd. At least I believe it should be a spin off, it continued where Three's Company left off.

Here's a head scratcher: Which TV show had a character named Stringfellow? :scratchin

I remember the late Charles Rocket. He did a lot of TV but I remember him from SNL and Moonlighting (the brother of Bruce Willis' character), don't know why but that's what I remember when I hear his name. He had one of those faces that just looks familiar. You just know you've seen him on TV.

CharlesRocket04.gif
CharlesRocket06.jpg

Chris- Yes, that is the Charles Rocket that I was referring to. To the best of my recollection, he was only on SNL for one season. He was one of the replacements that came in the early 80's, after the original cast had all moved on to bigger projects. I remember SNL was really bad there for a few years.

I didn't realize that Charles Rocket was in Moonlighting. I don't remember Bruce Willis' character (David Addison?) having a brother. That was one show that Mrs. TCD and I both liked, and watched together. As a matter of fact, our oldest DD is named Maddie (not that we are big Cybal Shephard fans, but we liked the name).

The discussion about the hot TV ladies of the early 80's got me to thinking. Does anybody remember a show that used to play on one of the premium cable channels (I think it was Showtime), that basically was just a camera focused on a young lady doing aerobics? I thought it was called aerobicize or something like that, but I can't find any reference to it? A friend of mine had a cable box of some type that you had push buttons on it to select channels. If you wedged a toothpick into one of the buttons, you could get HBO or Showtime, or whatever. The show I am thinking of was a big hit among my peers at the time. I think that there was a reference to it on one of the VH1 I Love the 80's shows, but for the life of me, I can't remember any more about it.

TCD

I had no idea who STRINGFELLOW was, or what show he was from....so I cheated and googled it......so I now know..but wont answer because I had to cheat for it!!!!

This just looks like a typical photo from a typical family photo album, doesnt it?

fam2.gif

It was one of my favorite shows...I could relate SO WELL to this show....I WAS A FAT KEVIN ARNOLD!!! I had one mean big brother, another older sibling who wasnt around much..but was very "hippy-ish and cool", and the crush on the girl who was way out of my league...the dorky best friend whose name was PAUL!!! I loved this show.

I had no idea who STRINGFELLOW was, or what show he was from....so I cheated and googled it......so I now know..but wont answer because I had to cheat for it!!!!

This just looks like a typical photo from a typical family photo album, doesnt it?

fam2.gif

It was one of my favorite shows...I could relate SO WELL to this show....I WAS A FAT KEVIN ARNOLD!!! I had one mean big brother, another older sibling who wasnt around much..but was very "hippy-ish and cool", and the crush on the girl who was way out of my league...the dorky best friend whose name was PAUL!!! I loved this show.

The Wonder Years

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter