Love those 80's!

PolynesianPixie

Creating my own fairy tale realit
Rog's picture was an inspiration!

Come on, you have pictures....you know you do!!!! Or stories! What were your favorite bands? Favorite clothing brands? Just how big was your hair? :lmao:

I'll start...this is 1987......anybody know where I am?

oh....yes, that is sun-in....

newyears1987.jpg

SunIn....what a great concept......hydrogen peroxide with a pretty label!!! That guy made a fortune selling a product that had been around for YEARS!!!

I posted this in the chat room the other day...but for the amusement of those that werent there....

My 8th grade picture...
pre80.jpg

And ...my 9th grade picture...
l_50b965d2c5dd609e11d1627b8f40601c.jpg

its amazing what ONE SCHOOL YEAR can do to a kid, huh? Just say no to drugs...and sex...and MTV!!!!

One of my favorite movies from that time...

say_anything_wall.jpg
anything-poster.jpg

Favorite quote's from from that movie:
"I met her in the mall....I should have known the relationship was doomed!"
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.....Right now I just wanna hang out with your daughter....sir"

Rog's picture was an inspiration!

Come on, you have pictures....you know you do!!!! Or stories! What were your favorite bands? Favorite clothing brands? Just how big was your hair? :lmao:

I'll start...this is 1987......anybody know where I am?

oh....yes, that is sun-in....

Looks like the aisle way between frontierland and adventureland by the bathrooms. Is that you on the left?

What happened in the 80s? Crap, I don't remember! I'm sure I liked some bands then, but ...... let's see I was 32 at the very beginning and 42 at the end - that much I do know.

Does ACDC count?

MGM????? Near where you see what time the shows are and the waits for rides?

nah...this isn't the "where's this pic" thread, so I'll spill.....this is my favorite spot in all of WDW and I get a picture there on every trip. Kind of a tradition. It is inside the Fez House at the Morocco pavilion in Epcot. I love to explore through there!

Now back to the 80's!

1985:

lakepowell.jpg

nah...this isn't the "where's this pic" thread, so I'll spill.....this is my favorite spot in all of WDW and I get a picture there on every trip. Kind of a tradition. It is inside the Fez House at the Morocco pavilion in Epcot. I love to explore through there!

Now back to the 80's!

1985:

lakepowell.jpg

Is that you in the middle? If so, I see they've always been in place lol.

BagPhone.jpg

One of the first cell phones, in 1988, was an $800 AMPS analog "bag phone" - basically a mobile car phone, with a huge 2.3 aH lead acid (yes, LEAD, as in HEAVY) battery hooked on the back of it, put in a bag that you slung over your shoulder. The whole thing weighed about 6 pounds and was absolutely state of the art. Of course, with a full 3 watts of RF output, you didn't want to carry the bag too close to your, uh, self, for fear of sterilizing yourself. You could get a good 55 minutes talk time out of it, or about 6 hours standby.

I had one of those in 90 Rog. Then I got one of these:

The service was so expensive you didn't have to worry about batteries. Now it's I got unlimited minutes and the battery goes dead.
images.jpg

Jordache.jpg
bgeqe9.jpg

jacksonlagear.jpg

Those should all ring a bell...

But do you remember what comercial this still frame was taken from?
1985calvinkleinobsession.jpg

Me and G, and 2 nephews of mine...
pictures323.jpg

Where are your 80s pics, people???"

Rog, you and I were the only ones who lived through the 80's i guess.....

here's another. sadly, it's the biggest my hair ever got. :sad2:

summer88.jpg

BagPhone.jpg

One of the first cell phones, in 1988, was an $800 AMPS analog "bag phone" - basically a mobile car phone, with a huge 2.3 aH lead acid (yes, LEAD, as in HEAVY) battery hooked on the back of it, put in a bag that you slung over your shoulder. The whole thing weighed about 6 pounds and was absolutely state of the art. Of course, with a full 3 watts of RF output, you didn't want to carry the bag too close to your, uh, self, for fear of sterilizing yourself. You could get a good 55 minutes talk time out of it, or about 6 hours standby.

I actually had one of those!! It worked like crap, but it gave me a false sense of security driving 60 miles each way to work on I-75 between Bradenton & Downtown Tampa.

We knew it was the 80's when Dad finally bought a color TV, in a console for the living room, yet.

I thought I was moving up in the world when I bought my first VCR.

All this, plus "Weekend At Bernie's," all in the same decade. Ain't life grand????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter