lovinaz's "getting her act together" journal

I have got to get my act together! :sad2: ANOTHER bad food day yesterday. :guilty: But I WILL get back into the swing of things today. I have to! It takes too long for me to lose a single pound, and only a couple bad days in a row to gain 3lbs. I need to stop researching vacations/cruises and get my workout in! I've already worked out 5x this week, but I want to work out 6 per week, until I reach my goal. Which at this rate will be when I am 56 years old... :rolleyes1

I have no idea what the calories were for yesterday. I mentally checked out when DH insisted on going out to eat. It wasn't quite as bad as Thu, but bad enough!

For Friday:
B: chocolate oatmeal
L: Oroweat Sandwich Thin w/turkey, cheddar, spinach, mustard; 1/2 small bag coconut M&Ms (not as tasty as I was hoping, which is a good thing!)
S: baby carrots; apple
S: red pepper; 2 handfuls pecans; brownie :confused3
D: greek chicken salad; breadstick; peach martini
S: single scoop ice cream; 1 Samoa :confused3

E: 50min BL Cardio Max
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, thanks! You will get there with your skirts. ;) I know what was in the air for me - cookies, brownies and ice cream! :lmao:

Tracy, I had an awesome time with my friend, the weather was perfect, drive was beautiful. Spring flowers weren't out yet, that would have been the only improvement! I have to take advantage of this lull at work, because it is going to get crazy busy pretty soon. :eek:

Finally got back on track with food! :cheer2: I did go over on calories thanks to a glass of wine, but at least the junk food fest is over. I even worked out, although I started talking myself out of it. :thumbsup2 I will have to work out all 5 weekdays this week - DD's soccer tournament next week will take up the whole weekend... :rolleyes1 I love watching her play, I just don't like the time it takes! ;) It's in a city that is at least a 45min drive away. We are thinking of getting a hotel on Sat night, since her first game on Sun is 8am! :eek: And I know she's going to have to be there at 7am for warmups, which means leaving the house at 6am to get there... It's bad enough her first game on Sat is at 9:15am. The joys of being a soccer mom, I guess! :rolleyes:

For Saturday:
1396 cal, 45g fat, 144g carb, 90g protein, 28g fiber
L: Oroweat Sandwich Thin w/turkey, cheddar, mustard; 2 Samoas (they are gone!)
S: red pepper-n-hummus; apple cranberry bran muffin
D: macadamia crusted mahi mahi; peas; Slim-A-Bear ice cream sandwich; 1 glass white wine

E: 20min Shred L1; 20min AbJam

Avoided: eating macadamia nuts while cooking dinner! :banana:

Congratulations on getting back on track with food!:cool1: AAAHHHHHH junk food. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the taste and hate the calories. But you will be fine, you have kept up with the workouts. Good job on not talking yourself out of those. :thumbsup2

Good luck to DD for next weekend. I hope her team does super!:cheer2:

Girl Scout cookies and brownies? Nuff said! But good for you to get back on track. I am going to take that as inspiration since I have been bad about exercise. I use work as an excuse and it has some validity but I could at least fit in a Shred or WATP. Sounds like you're going to have a good workout week so I'm gonna aspire to that too. :thumbsup2

Hi Amy, sometimes I gotta say, I am so glad my kids both stunk at soccer!:rolleyes1 Around here, springtime games are usually spent freezing to death in the rain and no, I don't miss it one bit!

You'll get back on track with food. I think about how long it takes me to lose weight and that it takes me about one tenth that time to gain it back and it doens't seem fair!

Glad you had fun with your friend, that is worth a bit of havoc on the scale!

I did OK on food yesterday, but my calories were really high! I can't believe 2 pieces of homemade pizza are so much. :sad2: I could have eaten something else, but I try to have everyone eat the same thing at dinner. Oh well...

I did make some mango fiber cakes! :cheer2: Interestingly enough, the person who posted the recipe came up with 95 cal and 12g fiber. When I added up all the ingredients, then divided by 12 (the # of muffins one batch makes), I came up with 96 cal but only 8g of fiber! So I'm not sure where she got 12. They have a little weird taste, but I think that is because of the Splenda brown sugar mix that is sprinkled on top. Next time I make them I will leave that off, and if the weird taste is gone, I will post the recipe if anyone is interested.

For Sunday:
1555 cal, 50g fat, 197g carb, 96g protein, 37g fiber
L: Oroweat Sandwich Thin w/turkey, cheddar, spinach, mustard
S: red pepper, 2 mango fiber cakes :rolleyes1
S: 1 serving Quaker mini rice cakes
D: 2 pieces homemade pepperoni pizza; HC fudge bar

E: none

Avoided: Starbucks :cheer2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracy, thanks. I feel much better and very glad that 2 days didn't turn into 2 weeks.

Lisa, I have been pretty good about avoiding junk these past couple months, I don't know what happened. I think I used that splurge meal out as an excuse to have a splurge day...

Barb, I am in the zone for working out. It's way easier to wake up and get it done than to work out after work! I have to keep up with it, because I know if I skip a day, it's WAY too easy to get out of the habit.

Amy, I'm so glad DS gave up on soccer! But he is starting football next year, so we'll see how that goes. And football season is the same time as the regular soccer season, so that will be interesting logistics. :eek: You are right, it really isn't fair that we can gain weight so quickly but not take it off as quickly! :rolleyes:

Mango fiber cakes...mmmm! It makes sense that the weird flavor might be the Splenda. I'm not fond of that stuff; I like that new sweetner but I can't remember what's it's called. I've been eating 100 calories yogurt-and-cookie cups that have it.

Yes, pizza is a real killer. I have a weakness for it, so now we keep a frozen flatbread veggie pizza on hand that doesn't have any cheese. That seems to be where a big chunk of the calories are. We whip it out when we get tempted to order one.

Glad the fiber cakes were a success, sort of. I don't care for Splenda either, but have never tried it with baking. I too am interested in the recipe. If it is something healthy that I can add chocolate too, my kids might eat them.

Good luck with soccer and football together. Last Fall there was a mother from DD's soccer team who also had a son playing rec football. Lucky for her the fields were very near each other as most of her kids games were at the same time. She was constantly going back and forth between fields.

The mango fiber cakes sound yummy! :goodvibes I'd love to see the recipe for them. :thumbsup2

We tried DiGiorno's (sp?) 200 calorie pizza portions the other day and they were actually pretty tasty. I could easily eat two portions though. ;)

Hope you have a great day!:hug:

I'm afraid my days of WISHing at work are probably over... :sad1: Remember when I got promoted last year? Well, I finally moved into my bigger cube, but the downside is that my back now faces the door, and anyone walking by can see what I am doing on the computer. Yes, we are allowed to surf the net at lunchtime and everything, but I am not sure I want someone to walk by and see the wall of smilies on the right and ask me about it! :rolleyes1 So, I'll have to play it by ear, but I might be stuck only logging in at night (not likely, since DH is always on the computer) or weekends... :guilty: That doesn't mean I won't be working out and watching my eating though! ;)

Last 2 days have been good with food and working out. I didn't work out this morning, but I did after work! :cheer2: And was again reminded why I HATE doing it after work... :sad2: I will be more motivated to get up in the a.m. the next couple days, that's for sure. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Barb, I love pizza and we don't have it too often, so I guess I just need to plan for the extra calories! And you are right, the cheese is the culprit. :eek: And the best part.... :confused3

Lisa, I had a fiber cake today and they are pretty decent. Not as good as store bought, but better than nothing! DS would be playing JV football for the school, so he would be playing during the week, and DD would be playing on Saturdays. It's just practices that will get a little out of control!

Tracy, I will post the recipe soon. Her recipe was for raspberry, but I am not a huge raspberry fan and I already had a bottle of the SF mango syrup and a bag of frozen mangoes, which is why I switched it up.

:cool1: for the bigger cube, but bummer about the configuration.

I always make sure my monitor doesn't face out. But that is due to the nature of my work.....:rolleyes1

Ugh, bummer about the cube step-up. That's one good thing about working at home...I can take little breaks whenever I want (sometimes too many!). Oh well, at least you have a bigger space.

Yes, that cheese sure is the best part of pizza! I'm originally a Chicago gal so loving pizza is in my blood...especially deep dish. The cheeseless spinach and mushroom one has a creamy sauce that is almost (although not quite) as good as cheese.

Amy, I hope you find a way to Wish without anybody noticing!

I made homemade pizza a few weeks ago and like you was shocked at how the calories were. Pizza is a toughie as far as finding one that won't break the calorie bank but tastes good!

I had some of the splenda brown sugar stuff and I hated it. It tasted very chemically to me. I don't like to bake with that stuff to be honest, I think the heat of cooking makes it taste different than if I just sprinkle a bit on cereal or in tea.

Great news on the bigger cube, but that's a bummer about how the cube is set up. Any way you can turn the screen away from the door?

I hope you have a great day today!:hug:

I miss WISHing during the week. :sad2: I guess I will have to stick to a weekly update on the weekends, since it looks like that is the only time I will consistently be able to get on the computer! :rolleyes: My food is boring anyway! :rolleyes1

Went to DD's soccer tourney today. They won the first game (1-0), lost the second (2-1). They play 1 game for sure tomorrow, and if they are in 1st or 2nd place in their bracket after that, they play a final game tomorrow afternoon. I think they will end up in 2nd place. Which stinks because that means we have to be to the field at 7:15am for the first game (and it's a 45min+ drive! :eek:) and the second game isn't until 2pm! :confused3 There is no way I am driving all the way home then back, so I figured we go see a movie between games. The field is actually pretty nice, it's right outside the AZ Cardinals stadium. :thumbsup2 It's supposed to rain tomorrow, too, so it might be a non-issue if they cancel the games!

Weight yesterday was a pathetic 140.0. :guilty: But it was PMS week, so that type of gain is expected. I just HATE that number!!! I have been tracking my weight along with my workouts, I guess I will just post that every weekend as a recap.

M: 45min TurboJam Cardio Party/138.0
T: 55min Jillian Trouble Zones/139.4
W: 50min BL Cardio Max/138.8
Th: no workout/139.4
F: 55min BL Power Sculpt/140.0
S: 20min Shred L2 and 20min AbJam/139.4

No plan to work out tomorrow. I am proud of myself for working out this morning, since we had to leave for soccer at 7:15am. :cheer2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, I am loving my new cube. It has a table and 2 extra chairs, so people can come in and sit down instead of cramming into my personal space!

Barb, I am a cheese lovin' fool! Why are all the yummy things so high in fat and calories??? :confused:

Amy, I am 99% sure the weird muffin taste is from the splenda brown sugar. It's just sprinkled on the top, so I will omit it next time. After I eat this batch... :rolleyes1

Tracy, there is no way I can move my monitors to avoid them facing the door. I actually bought a "rear view" mirror at Target today - I almost had a heart attack yesterday because someone snuck in there behind me and I got up to leave and she was right there. I had just taken a big swig of Coke Zero and she's lucky I choked it down instead of spitting it all over the place! :scared1:

Amy, that is great dd's soccer team may come in second. :thumbsup2 I think seeing a movie sounds like a good idea, what are you going to see? I am dying to see Alice in Wonderland.

Don't stress on the scale, its out of your control and will right itself in a few days. Once you get a bit lower (and you will) your pms gain won't be able t get you back into the 140's. You are just still in that area where a couple of pounds can put you to a decade you don't want to be in. Its hard not to be bummed but you have worked so hard and your food is good and you will be back in the 130's very soon!

How's the remodel going?

Way to go on the workouts Amy!:cheer2: and getting one in so early this morning. :cheer2:

You'll be back down in a couple of days.

I am with you on the cheese. I :love: cheese. Why oh why does it have to be bad for you. I use it as one of my dairy helpings sometimes.:rolleyes1

Yes, do tell us how the remodel is going? What are you working on now?

:wizard: that DD's team does well tomorrow. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter