Lulu201's Healthy Living Journal--Just trying my best to walk the walk! Come on by!

Hi Erin - yes - like you I am trying desperately to give up my afternoon cofee addiction - I work nights so I have a habit of drinking 2-3 cups of coffee at 3pm - thankfully I like flavored teas so I have bee opting for those - decaf...

Hope you are having a good day....

Hi, Erin! I was just reading your journal and am so inspired by how you are doing! I have taken so much from your daily quotes and your scripture verses. Thank you so much for sharing them. :goodvibes:
Don't worry about a couple of "off" days; you are so good at this that you will get right back on track.
Have a great day!

Hey, everyone! :wave2: Today is Tuesday, October 18, 2005, and from where I sit, it looks like the sun just might be out again today! :sunny:

Thanks for all the encouragement yesterday. I really felt like something stuck to the bottom of someone's shoe! :p :rotfl: As the day went on and I got myself to work (and out of my self-pitying mode) I felt better. Went to bed with a nasty headache, though. Darn TOM!

ANYWAY. . .it was a healthy living day for the most part. I didn't feel like eating much (now that's a switch!), so I had a multigrain bagel with cream cheese for dinner and a cheesestick. Took my vitamins and drank water, though, and avoided overt sugars. It's a start. . .

Now for today:

1. Devotions :)
2. Vitamins--will take; they're out on the counter
3. Water--will drink tons
4. Exercise--will take Mickey to the park in a few minutes
5. Food--lunch will be an apple, some veggies, and a tuna sandwich. Dinner will be a saladworks salad?
6. Scale--Friday's coming
7. Caffeine--made it through OK yesterday without tea or coffee in the p.m.

Everyone's doing fine here; lots of busyness yesterday and today promises more of the same.

:grouphug: to all,
Erin

lulu201 said:
ANYWAY. . .it was a healthy living day for the most part. I didn't feel like eating much (now that's a switch!), so I had a multigrain bagel with cream cheese for dinner and a cheesestick. Took my vitamins and drank water, though, and avoided overt sugars. It's a start. . .Erin

Erin,

I read your post 3 times this morning before I got this. The first time I read that you had eaten cheese steak, the next time I read it, I thought I read cheesecake, and the third time I read it, I finally read cheesestick. :rotfl: I think this flu bug I have has me seeing things. :blush: (Of course, I'm seeing foods that I would love to eat... if I could keep them down. ;) )

Hope you have a wonderful, no-headaches allowed day today! :goodvibes

Yeah, I WISH it were cheesecake. . .or a cheesesteak. . . :teeth:

It looks like another :sunny: day today. Mickey and I will be out walking in just a few minutes. :cool1: Yesterday went OK though I'm not sure if I took my vitamins or not. I think I forgot? :confused3 I did try to drink lots of water, though. I messed up and had a muffin that someone brought in for me, but I DIDN'T follow it up with with a reese cup. That's good, isn't it? :p

Today's plan:

1. Devotions--done :goodvibes
2. Vitamins--gotta remember today
3. Water--will drink lots
4. Exercise--a quick walk around the block with Mickey will be about it for today. I've got to get into work around 9 (it's a 9 to 8 kind of day :rolleyes: )
5. Food--I don't feel like planning a thing, but I think I'll make myself a sandwich to take to work for dinner this afternoon. Lunch will be a McDonald's salad or--if I'm feeling particularly rebellious--chicken strips and french fries. NO SUGAR though. No muffins, no candy, NOTHING. Even if Santa Claus himself comes to give it to me--NO!
6. Scale--actually feeling OK, not TOM bloated anymore. I have to go to the dr. tomorrow so I'll probably have to face the scale then.
7. Caffeine--I'm enjoying my mug now. That'll be it for the day.

Lost is on tonight! I've become a huge fan of the show even though I'm playing catch up by watching last season on DVD. Last weekend we watched at least 8 episodes! And Amanda. . .if the question is Jack or Sawyer, I have to definitely say Sawyer. :blush:

I guess that's it from here. I'm tired and in need of some extra sleep, but there's nothing new about that! :p If truth be told, this TOM rollercoaster ride has gone better than most. I'm thankful for that.

I'm moving onward and looking Upward--
Erin

Good morning Erin - looks like you have a long day ahead of you ....but with some very posivite thoughts - good way to start the day!!

Hi Erin - we have sunshine here too!! Crisp and sunny - my favorite time of year!!

No excuse not to get outside - even if I just walk around the yard.

:hug:, dear WISH-sis! You did a wonderful job this month with your DZone / TOM roller coaster ride! You resisted sugars most of the time and I think you felt better for it. We both know how one little bit of sugar can put us on a downward spiral and you never let things get totally out of control. Good for you!! :cheer2:

I'm keeping Saturday open, just in case, but will not be upset if you have to cancel to get ready for Sunday's festivities. Truth be told, I knew that might happen. ;) Hey, I've been there myself. ::yes::

Keep up the great work. Hang in there during your long day and know that I'm sending :goodvibes and happy :wizard: your way, along with sending up prayers on your behalf.

Love ya, :love: & :hug:

Hi Erin

I think that you did really well with TOM this month. You sound like you have it together. I hope that your long day went well.

Take care,
Beth

Sawyer is definately the hottie of the show.

:sunny: :goodvibes :sunny: Sending some warm and happy thoughts your way this morning.

Have a happy Thursday! :flower:

:hug: and :love:

Good morning Erin!! :sunny:

Happy Thursday - hope you have a wonderful day.

***** I didn't make it on the no caffeine in the afternoons yesterday - stressful day - bought an ice coffee.....poor excuse - will do better today!

October 20, 2005

Well, I just came back from seeing both my primary dr. and my ob-gyn, and guess what they both said? I need to exercise! :rotfl: Sorry, to laugh, but that's about as profound a statement as "I need to lose weight." Tell me something I DIDN'T know, ladies! :teeth:

Seriously, I love my primary and she's noticed my increased poundage, so it really was the nicest way she could point it out to me. To be exact, her question was "do you exercise?" And I said, "Six months ago I was walking 20-25 miles a week, but I'm not doing that now." Her reply, "Yeah, I noticed you've gained some weight here," as she tactfully pondered the chart. The OB-GYN said that exercising the week before my period, the time when I start to feel like a dishrag, will help me a lot--that instead of a dishrag I'd feel "like a nice fluffy towel." :rotfl: See why I like these women? :goodvibes

And I know that I've got to do this exercise thing. I don't want to. I want to just stroll slowly around the park with Mickey. But, I know I have to, so. . .

I'm signing up for a marathon. :rotfl: No, just kidding. What I'm going to do is follow a program in a book called "Your Perfect Weight" published by Prevention magazine. It has a year-long program to fitness that starts with walking 10 minutes a day. I know that I can get on the treadie and do that.
Over the course of 52 weeks you slowly and steadily work back into a healthy level of fitness--nothing dramatic, just 3 miles a day 6-7 days a week. That should be manageable for a former Jock Athlete Half Marathoner Princess like myself, right? princess:

I know that with God's help I can do anything, so I'm going to try to follow my no sugar, less caffeine program and incorporate the exercise. Pretty boring--no flashy diet plan or anything--but one I can manage day to day.

Here's how it's looking for today:

1. Devotions--I'm on Day #12 of the Purpose Driven Life. For the remainder of the program (28 more days), I'll post the thoughts for the day.
2. Vitamins--forgot them yesterday. I've got to fill those little pill boxes; that's the only way I remember.
3. Water--have to get started. Did a good job with it yesterday.
4. Exercise--I'm going to stroll around with Mickey since it's :sunny:. I've already showered and done myself up for the day, but tomorrow I'm hitting the treadie. Early.
5. Food--breakfast was peanut butter on wheat toast. Dinner will be a tuna sandwich, some veggies, and an apple. Lunch will be something with protein.
P.M. snack will be my english muffin
6. Scale--can you believe I had to get on the drs. scale TWICE today? I closed my eyes for the first one, so I don't know what that said. The second--after breakfast, fully clothed, and with a full bladder--didn't count. :teeth: Tomorrow I'll find out the real number.
7. Caffeine--had a cup of decaf at the cafe in the wellness center (where my primary is). No caffeine this afternoon. Come on, Paula, we can do it! :Pinkbounc

That's it for today!
:cool1: Erin

Hi Erin!!

Thanks for posting to my journal - taking our advice - I hav a extra large glass of ice water sitting on my desk right now!! And I resisted the temptation to turn the car to DD on my way back from the mall today.

took a good enjoyable stroll around the mall - really cleared my head....ok ....coming clean ......in that stroll included a pit stop at Godiva.....bought small box of chocolates to mail to DD at college...and......1 - just 1 maple walnut truffle for me....oh yeah - candy bar promotion at JC Penney - ate that too .....and that's all I have eaten so far today......yes - I know not good......I think I need some serious taking to.....

Anyway - I enjoyed the walk.....hope you are having a fun day......

Good morning Erin,

Stopping by to WISH you a most happy Friday! :sunny: Sounds like your doctors' appointments went well and that you have a good plan in place. You CAN do it, Erin! :cheer2:

Have a great weekend! :sunny:

Best wishes for your visit with the scale this morning. I had the courage to step onto mine, because I knew my WISH-sis would be facing hers today. :hyper2:

:rockband: :jumping1:
I'm letting the Friday party spill over from my journal into yours today! :cool1: :cool1: In fact, I think LOTS of Friday partyin' should be goin' on here on the WISH Journal board!

Sending :goodvibes your way, dear WISH-sis, and hoping that you're feeling calm, cool and collected today. I hope any worries or anxieties are far away and that you are feeling centered, peaceful and hopeful. :hug:

October 21, 2005

:sunny: It's not raining yet, but from what I hear in the forecast, I'll need to make my own sunshine today. :sunny: Wish I had a lightbox like Doreen. Anyway. . .

OK, so I didn't exercise yet, but I will. I promise. I'm slow to wake up today, I'm afraid, even though I went to bed at 9:30. Couldn't even stay awake to watch The Apprentice.

Here's the scoop for today:

1. Devotions: Day #13 of the Purpose Driven Life
Point to ponder: God wants all of me.
Verse to remember: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:30
Question to consier: Which is more pleasing to God right now--my public worship or my private worship? What will I do about this?
2. Vitamins: Forgot AGAIN yesterday, but have them out waiting today.
3. Water: Haven't started yet, but I will. I drank a good amount yesterday.
4. Exercise: Day #1 of my year long training program! I have to do 10 minutes on the treadie. Hey, I'm up for that! :Pinkbounc
5. Food: slice of whole wheat toast w/pb, a couple of strawberries, coffee w/milk. I'm not sure about the rest of the day, but I do know this: no overt sugar!
6. Scale: Not pretty, but I faced it. It was, happily, 4 lbs. lighter than the drs. office. :) 188. I don't feel that heavy, though. Clothes still fit the same. I think it's just from eating late at night when I get home from work.
7. Caffeine: Had a cup of green tea yesterday, but no coffee. I'm ok with that.

I'm going to do some cleaning this a.m. for my in-laws visit on Sunday. . .but as the weekend comes closer, I'm finding my desire to clean and straighten is decreasing. I'm just not in the mood. Now going to K of P? That I'm in the mood for! HAve to check with DH and DD, though, to see what everyone's plans are.

I'll try to stop around later. . .
Erin

You know I'd be happy to come and help clean. It would be lots more fun with some upbeat music and a friend to clown around with. ;)

Morning Wish-sis! You sound so positive this morning. That 188 might just be a little extra water weight which might explain why you don't feel that heavy.

Good Luck on the cleaning - I don't feel like doing mine either.

~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter