Lurkyloo's PJ: Morocco/Attic/UK Lower - Greetings from WDW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, needed a pick-me-up, so I decided to read the journal this time.

Can I insert another squeal here (as I already did before)?

I had edited a post awhile ago about how the last piece of music from your video was from Next Stop, Wonderland. I had no idea that you had actually picked it from the movie (who could have seen THAT movie?!)... I figured you had heard it along the way.

I'm *really* impressed that you actually have seen the movie, and it's one of your favorites! Fan-frakkin'-tastic!

What a wonderful movie. I love the movie for the snappy dialog and the intermeshing lives, but I also love it because I live nearby. I actually rode the blue line just to hear, "Next stop, Wonderland!"

I'm going to have to watch it this weekend again just so I hear about hobgoblins and Puff. :)

That's amazing! I've never met anyone else who's seen that movie! :woohoo:

The music informed our entire wedding - we played every song from the soundtrack at some point during the reception, and of course there was our first-dance song.

I'm actually kind of regretting asking our videographer to only put our first-dance song over the ending (the way it was in the movie) and to use a different song over our first dance. I should have just had her play it twice!

However, she took a different song from the movie and matched it to our first dance really well, so it looks nice.

The first time I visited Boston, I insisted on looking for as many locations from NSW as possible. I visited the aquarium and rode out to the Wonderland stop on the subway, and I've seen some of the streets where I think her house was. But let me know if you know any other locations - like where his house was, under the subway tracks! :thumbsup2

Oh, and I called every blowfish I saw at Living Seas "Puff"!

That's amazing! I've never met anyone else who's seen that movie! :woohoo:

The music informed our entire wedding - we played every song from the soundtrack at some point during the reception, and of course there was our first-dance song.

I'm actually kind of regretting asking our videographer to only put our first-dance song over the ending (the way it was in the movie) and to use a different song over our first dance. I should have just had her play it twice!

However, she took a different song from the movie and matched it to our first dance really well, so it looks nice.

The first time I visited Boston, I insisted on looking for as many locations from NSW as possible. I visited the aquarium and rode out to the Wonderland stop on the subway, and I've seen some of the streets where I think her house was. But let me know if you know any other locations - like where his house was, under the subway tracks! :thumbsup2

Oh, and I called every blowfish I saw at Living Seas "Puff"!

I just got the okay to have our DJ play music before and during the ceremony, which is good. Right now, I'm set on something from Somewhere in Time for the processional, but you've got me going through my Thomas Newman/other composers playlist to see if anything else jumps out at me. Right now, I'm on How to Make an American Quilt (oh wait, moved onto Little Women). They're beautiful, but not really us so far.

I had this whole idea of how the music was going to be because we thought we were having the wedding in the backyard, so I was prepping a playlist. So I ended up putting together an Excel spreadsheet of all the music we want before/during and for the reception. My poor coworker.

I'm pretty sure I remember (interstate) 93 being in the movie... I'll have to watch it again and see what I can spot. It's been awhile. After the movie came out, I tried to see if the exhibits matched the movie, and they don't. It's definitely the Aquarium, but Puff was not the puffer they had in there.

We call one of our Bengals, Puff (her name is Emily). But it's just because she's puffy.

emilycomingout.jpg

It's going to take me awhile to get through it, but I can't help but laugh every time I read something like your secret inscriptions (us too! Well, not yours, but our own). My engagement ring is palladium (allergies!), and our wedding rings are going to be titanium. We're all about breaking convention.

We may have been separated at birth. I'm not sure. Perhaps we passed each other in the subway... how Next Stop...

Puff the Cat is so CUTE!

I didn't know cats could go in the snow (forgive me - I live in Southern California :cutie:). I guess frozen water isn't as off-putting to them as the regular kind...?

Puff the Cat is so CUTE!

I didn't know cats could go in the snow (forgive me - I live in Southern California :cutie:). I guess frozen water isn't as off-putting to them as the regular kind...?

Rob built an igloo on our old apartment porch for the cats to wander in and out of. All the cats were curious with it, but Emily (above) and Neechee were especially curious. Bengals, being part Asian Leopard Cat, have a tendency to like water. But there was actually a lot of paw shaking going on!

LurkyLoo, where did you find your patterns for your invitations and program? did you design yourself or find the pattern somewhere? They are amazing.

Im looking to design my own invites and program, you have a friend who helped you I see. Is there a website to their stationary shop?

Rob built an igloo on our old apartment porch for the cats to wander in and out of. All the cats were curious with it, but Emily (above) and Neechee were especially curious. Bengals, being part Asian Leopard Cat, have a tendency to like water. But there was actually a lot of paw shaking going on!

Sooooo cute! :cutie:

LurkyLoo, where did you find your patterns for your invitations and program? did you design yourself or find the pattern somewhere? They are amazing. Im looking to design my own invites and program, you have a friend who helped you I see. Is there a website to their stationary shop?

Hi there! Unfortunately my friend had to get out of the custom stationery business to start a greeting card company, but I'll PM you some ideas on how to make your own. :thumbsup2

Sooooo cute! :cutie:

Hi there! Unfortunately my friend had to get out of the custom stationery business to start a greeting card company, but I'll PM you some ideas on how to make your own. :thumbsup2

wait.. does there have to be a program at the wedding?

I dont think you need to have a program. I just want one to put info in on who is standing up front (im going to do a small picture of each person and then a little blurb about them).

Its another project for me to work on to keep me busy!

wait.. does there have to be a program at the wedding?

Nope! In fact, I thought they were just another unneccessary project until I started thinking maybe they'd be a way for guests to be a little more interested in the ceremony and know what was going on (instead of falling asleep like at church!)

I dont think you need to have a program. I just want one to put info in on who is standing up front (im going to do a small picture of each person and then a little blurb about them).

Its another project for me to work on to keep me busy!

Pictures and blurbs are a great idea - I'm always trying to guess who the bridesmaids are and how they know the bride! :thumbsup2

Nope! In fact, I thought they were just another unneccessary project until I started thinking maybe they'd be a way for guests to be a little more interested in the ceremony and know what was going on (instead of falling asleep like at church!)

Pictures and blurbs are a great idea - I'm always trying to guess who the bridesmaids are and how they know the bride! :thumbsup2

hmm.. doubt i'll do them lol.. if the people cat pay attention for a whopping 30 mins then they will deserve the swift kick in the **** that i will give them :) plus we have no bridal party.. my dd is going to be my moh and ds is going to be the best man <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter