Lurkyloo's PJ: Morocco/Attic/UK Lower - Greetings from WDW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when I saw the video package included microphones, I asked my WP if Star Fruit could just plug right into the sound system Disney's using to play our ceremony music and broadcast the groom and the officiant. The WP said no dice - something about an outside vendor screwing up their sound board once blah, blah, blah and then tried to convince me that it won't look dumb for them to wear two microphones each... :confused3

Are your guys going to be miked by Disney at Sea Breeze Point? I think if you're not using the soundsystem to play music, it shouldn't be a problem...

i haven't even thought about mike's...sending emails right now. thanks for posting this...

I uploaded the guest book I designed to Blurb.com yesterday. It'll be about 2 weeks before we get it, but they have a preview of it available in their store. I wish they'd let you see the whole thing - it's just the first 15 pages, but it's so cool that our book is right out there for anyone to buy (anyone who is really into pictures of us smooching, that is!)

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/116370

We picked the largest format (13x11) which is why it's so spendy, but the smaller books start at 12 bucks for up to 40 pages. I think I'm going to publish my planning journal as a Blurb book when it's all over...

I uploaded the guest book I designed to Blurb.com yesterday. It'll be about 2 weeks before we get it, but they have a preview of it available in their store. I wish they'd let you see the whole thing - it's just the first 15 pages, but it's so cool that our book is right out there for anyone to buy (anyone who is really into pictures of us smooching, that is!)

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/116370

We picked the largest format (13x11) which is why it's so spendy, but the smaller books start at 12 bucks for up to 40 pages. I think I'm going to publish my planning journal as a Blurb book when it's all over...

Once again, love it. Love everything you're planning! :love:

i love your blurb book. I am goign to look into it mroe. To make a favorites album or something. can you give me more info on that??

Once again, love it. Love everything you're planning! :love:

:blush: Hi, Wedding Twin! :wave2:

i love your blurb book. I am goign to look into it mroe. To make a favorites album or something. can you give me more info on that??

It is really cool - you download their software (PC or Mac) and choose which size book you want. You can either build it from scratch or use the layouts they have in each category - photo book, journal, guest book, cookbook, vacation, etc. Then you pick which page template you want for each page and drag and drop your photos from your computer, from Flickr.com or a couple other sources. You can add text, borders, backgrounds, and colors and rearrange pages.

You can make the book as many pages as you want, but the base price includes 40 (most other sites only include 20 and charge a buck or more for each additional page). Books can be softcover or hardbound with a dust jacket.

Now I am singing their praises so far - I'll definitely let you know how I like the finished book. Some people say they don't like the paper Blurb uses, but others say it's really nice....

i can't wait to hear how your book looks when you get it back! it looks great on the site!

i was going to do that for my pj as well, but it's over 120 pages long in a word file...even with the pics smaller and the smallest font in 10 pt type...ugh.

Your book and your pictures are beautiful! Not sure if I posted yet on your journal, but I'm loving it! Thank you for sharing :goodvibes

i was woundering how i would go about posting myplanning journal? it would be a nice keepsake

Your book and your pictures are beautiful! Not sure if I posted yet on your journal, but I'm loving it! Thank you for sharing :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! It makes me think I'm not totally crazy...:rotfl:

The book looks great! It makes me want to get professional engagement pics!

You totally should! You're going with Randy, right? I think he only charges about $75 for an engagement shoot. You can use the pix for your guest book, Christmas cards, invites, personalized stamps - it's great!

i was woundering how i would go about posting myplanning journal? it would be a nice keepsake

What I've done is created a photo-and-text book in Blurb, and I'm going to copy and paste the text from my planning journal posts on the DIS into the text boxes. Then I can drop in the photos I've posted from the folder I keep them in on my computer.

As Caryn pointed out, these Planning Journals get kinda long, but I think if I make the font size really small, it shouldn't be too many pages. I hope!

OK, so...the veil thing is stressing me out. I bought two different styles on eBay and am borrowing another from a friend. All are fingertip length, one is a single layer with sparkly tulle, another is two layers with rhinestones, and the borrowed one is two layers, oval, with rhinestones and edging (sorry I don't have pictures!)

I don't like how I look in any of them! (hence no pictures ;) )

I've always been creeped out by the symbolism of the veil, but I figured I just didn't have to wear it over my face, plus it would make me feel all princessy - and when else will I ever get to wear one?

But the only veil I've ever tried on that I liked was a $650 ripoff at a swanky bridal salon. I tried to find a similar one, but nobody seems to do angel-cut veils except that one manufacturer. (I am not glamorous enough to pull off the birdcage veil that looks so good on Caryn! Plus I'd hear no end of it from the grannies, who want to see my face :rotfl: )

Anyway, last night I told myself I didn't have to wear a veil, and it made me feel a bit better, but then I thought I'd regret blowing my only chance to look all princessy and bridal....

What do you think?

Plan on not having one, but keep shopping around and trying some on, in case you find one that really suits you. Yeah, wearing a veil will make you feel all purdy-purdy-princess like, but if you can't find one that you really like and settle on something less than perfect, you might end up not feeling so princessey on your big day.

OK, so...the veil thing is stressing me out. I bought two different styles on eBay and am borrowing another from a friend. All are fingertip length, one is a single layer with sparkly tulle, another is two layers with rhinestones, and the borrowed one is two layers, oval, with rhinestones and edging (sorry I don't have pictures!)

I don't like how I look in any of them! (hence no pictures ;) )

I've always been creeped out by the symbolism of the veil, but I figured I just didn't have to wear it over my face, plus it would make me feel all princessy - and when else will I ever get to wear one?

But the only veil I've ever tried on that I liked was a $650 ripoff at a swanky bridal salon. I tried to find a similar one, but nobody seems to do angel-cut veils except that one manufacturer. (I am not glamorous enough to pull off the birdcage veil that looks so good on Caryn! Plus I'd hear no end of it from the grannies, who want to see my face :rotfl: )

Anyway, last night I told myself I didn't have to wear a veil, and it made me feel a bit better, but then I thought I'd regret blowing my only chance to look all princessy and bridal....

What do you think?

I was going to totally skip the whole veil thing. I don't care for traditional veils. I asked DF and he doesn't really care for a veil and I didn't want the hassle. UNTIL I saw the birdcage veils that Caryn posted up! That's totally more my style and makes it worth the hassle. :woohoo: But, if it weren't for Caryn and those veils, I would be going completely without! And I would be A-OK with that too. So dig deep down inside and figure out what you really want. If you're worried about regretting not wearing a veil then I bet you probably should wear one! Okay, I don't know if this helps at all.. but :hug:

i think u might regret it if you dont wear the veil...i didnt want to wear a veil either until i put one on...it just makes u feel so bridey :bride:

I'm having the same dillema... i HATE every veil i've seen. and im not planning to wear it over my face, just have it hanging down in the back. I'm leaning towards skipping it too. Let me know what you decide! Maybe there's a totally un-ungly yet cheap veil out there that we dont know about!!

i wasn't a fan of veils at all, the symbolism behind them is BS and i just didn't want my face covered-until i found my birdcage...my grandmother also had a really good point, you only get to wear a veil once, it's what sets the bride apart (well, that and the big poofy dress), so that's why i stopped whining about it...

what is it about the fingertips that you don't like? is it the line it makes with your dress? have you tried anything longer, like a cathedral? you could always get one and then have it cut to the length that you want...i think a cathedral would look good with your dress...

we've all seen this happy little bride in the david's ad's, but i think the veil looks great on her!!!

f07_T9211.jpg

here's another example...
nancy_cathedral_stairs.jpg

this one is from target, and it's super cheap...i might get it, and take the top layer off...

41Ul7vCM8vL_SS384_.jpg

don't worry about a veil, when you see it, you'll know it's the one. and you don't have to wear one if you don't want to...

i also did not want a veil at all. then i got a fingertip veil but at my last fitting i tried on the catherdral veil and i was like wow i feel like a bride. i am so happy i made that choice. it is definatly worth the once and a lifetime moment. i agree with the above post try differnt legnths you never know!! good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter