LuvLuvLuv's Memories TR Starts Pg 73 - Honeymoon Day 6.1

WOW!! I love the big update!!

I want to go to DL one day... Trying to convince DF into it soon, he's been as a child but I've never been. I've always been spoiled by WDW.

Can't wait to hear more! Sounds like an amazing time so far!:goodvibes

The pictures look great! Like I said we only did a snippet of DL and I'm really bummed we didn't get to see World of Color. It's probably the one show I really did want to see. Bummerrrr. ;D

Must for next time.

I cannot wait to see more!

Wow wow wow. I had never even heard of WOC before and now I have to see it! Your pictures are so good. Am I right in thinking their are 2 parks at DL? It sounds like there are so many rides to go on.

My parents, sister and boyfriend and brother and wife have all been to the west coast at various times and none of them have gone to DL! My sister and her boyfriend are going to Vegas later this year and I think I need to talk them into a flight to LA to go to Disney for a couple days to tell me all about it!!

Can't wait to read more.

I have never been to DL, so I had no clue that was their nighttime show.

That. Is. So. AWESOME!

I want to go now . . . :cool1:

I find myself youtubing it all the time :) I want to go back and see it ASAP!!

Thanks for posting the pictures of World of Color. My 3 girls and I went to Disneyland last summer. We were only there for 2 days, and after the first day we had decided that although some of the rides were better at DL, we didn't need to go back. Then we saw World of Color. It was an almost life changing event! So hard to comprehend, or explain! It made us want to go back so bad!
Two of my girls and I are going back to SoCal in a few weeks. I have already booked a WOC dinner at Ariel's. Even if the only thing we do at DL is see WOC, it will be so worth it!

I swear! It was so life changing!! I didn't think anything could take Wishes away in my heart... but this did!!! Have a great time!!!

Deena I LOVE your WOC slideshow extravaganza....:worship: Eventually I will talk DH into DL....or sneak away the kids and I :laughing:

Yeah--so worth it!! I think your bunch would just love it!! Especially walking through the castle!!

WOW!! I love the big update!!

I want to go to DL one day... Trying to convince DF into it soon, he's been as a child but I've never been. I've always been spoiled by WDW.

Can't wait to hear more! Sounds like an amazing time so far!:goodvibes

Thanks!! It was sooooooo magical, you would love it!!

Prime seating, indeed! I totally got goosebumps from your pics! :goodvibes

Yay!! I keep looking at them all the time!!

Beautiful pictures. Love that you can see Mickey's head from the Fun Wheel in the background

Thank you!!

The pictures look great! Like I said we only did a snippet of DL and I'm really bummed we didn't get to see World of Color. It's probably the one show I really did want to see. Bummerrrr. ;D

Must for next time.

I cannot wait to see more!

Yes... it's definately a must do!! I think the dinner was worth it to get those spots :)

GAH!!! World of Color looks amazzzinnnggg. I am so happy that you got to go and have such fabulous seats.

Thanks.... it is fantastic. It's a standing only arrangements... no seats... but it's so amazing, you don't even notice. Normally by the end of the day I'm in pain and want to fall over, but not this night!!

Wow wow wow. I had never even heard of WOC before and now I have to see it! Your pictures are so good. Am I right in thinking their are 2 parks at DL? It sounds like there are so many rides to go on.

My parents, sister and boyfriend and brother and wife have all been to the west coast at various times and none of them have gone to DL! My sister and her boyfriend are going to Vegas later this year and I think I need to talk them into a flight to LA to go to Disney for a couple days to tell me all about it!!

Can't wait to read more.

Yep, Disneyland and California Adventure! I'm so glad we went out there!! I always felt it was something I'd never do, or never get a chance to do. It was so worth it!!

Day 4 - Part 1 - Knotts Berry Farm

We got up pretty early again since our internal clocks were so messed up. We got ready for Knotts Berry Farm and went down to breakfast at White Water Snacks. DH got a drink (he's not a breakfast eater), and I got whatever the platter was. The eggs were yuck as always, lol, the potatoes were good, the grapes were good.... and there was REAL BACON!! Not WDW bacon... real, thick bacon!! I was in shock! Anyway--that was exciting, lol.

I should also add that I didn't take a phone or camera with me since I figured we'd be on rollercoasters and upside down most of the day.

We went out to get a cab. I had purchased the tickets with the online deal for February--it normally is 49.99 online or 57.99 at the gate... I got ours for 34.99! I thought it was a pretty good deal! The cab voucher was a flat rate of $20--that was good. The park opened at 10am, but we got there about 9:30--because I didn't know what to expect. It looked deserted. There was a gift shop open outside the gates with a Cinnabon attached. DH hadn't eaten, so I got a mini Cinnabon order and a frozen mocha for our wait.

Off to the side was a school group of maybe 6-7 year olds. There was maybe 25-30 of them with 4 chaperones. They looked too short to ride anything we would ride. Other than that--lined up at the gate were 19 people including us and just a couple kids :eek:

I wasn't sure what that was going to mean. Will anything be open? How will this park function with way less than 100 people in the gates?? I guess we'll find out!

So Snoopy does a little diddy and they open up. We got a map and went to the first coaster we saw--one where your feet dangle. It was us, and another couple that rode the ride by ourselves. We went over to a coaster that spins you while you ride... and rode that with one other family. The trend continued as we walked right on to everything riding either alone or with 2-4 other people. DH doesn't like spinny/circly stuff. I went on 3 rides ALONE--all by myself--no other person on the ride, lol. I'd also like to add that a ride broke down while I was on it by myself :rotfl2: It took them about 20 minutes to get me off of it. I wasn't stressing, lol. The floor lowers, but they couldn't get it up, lol. Always an adventure. It was this one:

http://www.knotts.com/rides/Thrill-Rides-1-5-12-42/Rip-Tide

Anywho--we rode every coaster, and DH was feeling a little :sick:. He isn't a coffee drinker and thinks the mocha made him sick. We got to our last coaster, the Pony Express, and we rode it 4 times in a row without getting off the ride!! I wish they had a ride like this in WDW!! It was so fun!! It should be a TRON ride :) You literally sit on a horse and it locks you in on your back! After that--we had done EVERYTHING we could possibly do. I ask what time it was.... 11:40. Soooooo you're telling me we rode everything in the park, some multiples in one hour and 40 minutes?? Yep. What to do?? Do we stay? Do we leave? We paid $70 for less than 2 hours, but we did everything. Hmmmm. DH was getting greener by the moment, so we made the call to a cab and went back to the resort. Upon arrival to the room... DH was sick :sick: I didn't realize it was that bad until he threw up :( I also couldn't believe we knocked out an entire amusement park and were in our hotel in pajamas by noon :confused3

It was time to take it easy. I was starving, but didn't want to push the subject too much. I munched on a few things we had in the room and waited for him to wake up. Before I knew it... I was asleep too, lol. It was the best nap ever, but when I woke up--I was beyond starving. This was not a hunger for any quick service... I wanted a sit down chow fest. So we got moving and played the "what do you want game".

I have to end Part 1 here because I need to wrap up!! I didn't have any pictures anyway, lol! Have a great night!

That sucks about your DH, hopefully he felt better after his nap and you could enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.

Ha Ha 2 hours and done at Knotts. Good thing though as your hubby was sick.

:hug: I really hope DH felt better after the nap. That stinks. At least you made it throught the park....it stinks to be sick on vacation. PHOOEY

LMAO!!! The "what do you want" game....we do it too!! :lmao:

And Im convinced now after seeing your WOC photos, that I must make a trip to enjoy it! Even if it means I must go sans husband. It. Looked. Awesome.

Sucks Dave got sick!! Booooo

That is all...you may continue with your awesome TR!

We loved White Water Snacks while we were there! There was so much "California food" more healthy stuff, etc. haha This was also a few years ago though too! Too funny on Knotts Berry Farm- less than 20 people... :laughing: That is great you were able to do everything without waiting though!! We went when I was little, maybe 10 tops, and I don't remember much about it at all!! lol We went to Universal two years ago when we went down in November and had the exact same thing happen... walked right on every single ride and were done with the entire park in 2 hrs. Seems like such a waste of money doesnt it?? ugh. Universal didn't even have any stores or shopping or carts for snacks open, it was frustrating and really set it apart from Disney for us. We were like, if the park is open, why isn't everything open??? hahaha We haven't gone back since :rolleyes1

Stinks Dave got sick! Hopefully he slept it off and you woke up ready to eat a good meal! Anxiously waiting for the rest of this day! popcorn::

Oh wow! I can't believe you did all of Knotts in under 2 hours! :laughing: Oh well, at least it's something you can say you've done.

Poor Dave, I hope he recovered quickly.

That sucks about your DH, hopefully he felt better after his nap and you could enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.

Ha Ha 2 hours and done at Knotts. Good thing though as your hubby was sick.

He said he's officially too old for amusement parks and he'll stick with his Disney rides :rotfl: In his defense--- there is a coaster that spins you while your on the coaster and I think that did it. I have an iron stomach when it comes to spinning and flipping upside down. Him... not so much, lol.

:hug: I really hope DH felt better after the nap. That stinks. At least you made it throught the park....it stinks to be sick on vacation. PHOOEY

Yeah... at first I thought he was bluffing--then I saw him turn green :sick:

LMAO!!! The "what do you want" game....we do it too!! :lmao:

And Im convinced now after seeing your WOC photos, that I must make a trip to enjoy it! Even if it means I must go sans husband. It. Looked. Awesome.

Sucks Dave got sick!! Booooo

That is all...you may continue with your awesome TR!

I would loveeeeee to continue. I don't want to start my May PTR until this is done. On with the showwwwwww!

We loved White Water Snacks while we were there! There was so much "California food" more healthy stuff, etc. haha This was also a few years ago though too! Too funny on Knotts Berry Farm- less than 20 people... :laughing: That is great you were able to do everything without waiting though!! We went when I was little, maybe 10 tops, and I don't remember much about it at all!! lol We went to Universal two years ago when we went down in November and had the exact same thing happen... walked right on every single ride and were done with the entire park in 2 hrs. Seems like such a waste of money doesnt it?? ugh. Universal didn't even have any stores or shopping or carts for snacks open, it was frustrating and really set it apart from Disney for us. We were like, if the park is open, why isn't everything open??? hahaha We haven't gone back since :rolleyes1

Stinks Dave got sick! Hopefully he slept it off and you woke up ready to eat a good meal! Anxiously waiting for the rest of this day! popcorn::

It kind of did feel like a waste... but then it was super awesome too--I guess it was a neat experience. The California food did throw us through a loop. I think it actually helped us enjoy the rides and attractions more since we weren't so focused on food though. Still weird, lol. We had a discussion last night that we like DL for the rides and fun, and WDW for the water parks, food, mini golf, and resort relaxing.

Oh wow! I can't believe you did all of Knotts in under 2 hours! :laughing: Oh well, at least it's something you can say you've done.

Poor Dave, I hope he recovered quickly.

The cab driver that picked us up asked why we were leaving so early... we're like... ummmm we did it all. The food looked pretty good there, but I didn't have the heart to eat in front of him--so I waited. It was a nice little getaway for a morning to get off property!

The rest of Day 4 coming up!

Ugh... I had this all written... then when I opened Photobucket... it froze my whole computer. In the interest of that not happening again. I'll add the pix when I get home on a computer that actually works, lol.

Day 4 - Part 2

I believe I left off when we got up from our nap and got ready to find some nourishment. I decided to pull him in the direction of Downtown Disney because I knew just the thing that was perfect since it was only 3:30pm. Too early for dinner, Too late for lunch.... but Italian is good anytime :rotfl2: We went across the way to Naples. Naples is the California version of Via Napoli. Same owners, same menu items, same taste = familiar heaven. We got a large pizza and a spaghetti and veal meatballs to split between the 2 of us. It was soooooooo good, as always. I love the authentic pizza, and I get this Spaghetti plate at Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, and now Naples--and it's the same perfection at each of the restaurants! We split a gelato sampler for dessert and agreed that the nap and some carb loading was what he needed to bounce back.

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

What to do now?? Well we decided it was time to spend some cash. We hit World of Disney in a major way :rotfl: Thank goodness for the 20% AP discount! I don't even know what came over us, lol. Then we went into some of the other stores, I got a limited edition Annual Passholder Orange Bird Vinylmation. It was my first Vinylmation ever!! I had to have it though!! Is this going to be a start of a new addiction??

After the bags got to be too much to carry, we took them back up to the room. I love the GC for this reason. It's basically in Downtown Disney and California Adventure and from either angle, you can just hop back to the room like it's nothing. The convenience can't be beat.

We weren't sure what to do next. I knew I wanted to see the parade in DL, and the Magic Memories and You Valentine's Day edition--but that wasn't until later.

We went into California Adventure and aimlessly walked around. We rode Toy Story again, then walked through the Boardwalk area. We played a ton of Boardwalk games and won 2 little Timothy mouses, a big Dumbo, a small Bullseye, a big Mickey, and a huge Bullseye. What in the world am I gonna do with all these, lol?? We had so much fun though! The shop next door had the WOC hoodie I was eyeing, but couldn't find in the size I wanted--I picked that up too!

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

We found our way back to the Sorcerer's Workshop, played in there a bit, then back up to the animation academy to draw Pluto.

After that, we thought we'd wait around for the Phineas and Ferb street show. My loving DH offered to take all of our loot back up to the room. So while he did that, I bought a pair of sequin Minnie ears that I was thinking about. My hair is in this awkward grow out stage, and if nothing else--I wanted a headband, lol. Then I was remembering there was a food cart that had corn on the cob. I dunno why it looked so good--but I was going to get some. DH was back in no time and he got himself a beer while we waited for P&F. It still blows my mind that we were in the park, and he took the stuff to the room and back in 15-20 minutes. We watched our favorite Disney Channel boys perform, then decided to walk.

IMG_2695.jpg

So we decided to go back to DL. I love how you can walk in one park, and 2 minutes later, walk into another. We had some time to kill, so we shopped. We used one of our immediate fast passes for Indiana Jones--which I hated, lol. I hate snakes, and I knew that I had to take one for the team since he wanted to check it out. Ugh. We climbed through Tarzan's Treehouse and took some pictures. I liked it a lot better than the Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse.

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

We went back through the houses in Toon Town and took some pictures--then went to see the Mouse himself for a little photo op!

We got settled for a spot to see the parade and Magic Memories and You. The parade was okay... a little meh compared to a night time WDW parade. I loved the MM&Y Vday edition!! I loved how it was projected onto It's a Small World!! Very nice, but I think I may like the Castle Version better.

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

At this point, we were cold and tired. We had a brief thought of running over to see World of Color... but DH said he wanted a snack and to get back to the room. We stopped at White Water Snacks for beef nachos, and while we were almost to the room, we heard WOC start. Too bad we couldn't see it from our room. We went out to the balcony to eat our nachos and hear the music. As I was hanging looking off the balcony.... I turned to the right.... OMG YOU CAN SEE IT!! We could totally see the WOC from our balcony. I mean, not the whole thing, but you could see the projections and a nice chunk of it!! So I watched it as I ate the best nachos of my life. Those things were sooooooo good. Although it says beef... it's really steak. Amazing. So far, we had seen WOC every, single, night.

I forgot that DH got a burger too, lol...

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

We relaxed with a little TV and a little internet surfing. On a night like this--I kind of felt trapped in a studio. I love the 1BR villas, and especially having the living room in our Paradise Pier room. I like my TV to be separate from my sleep--it's just a thing of mine :laughing: I went over our spending real quick--as I wanted to make sure we were still good and no one scammed us, lol. I have fears after reading these boards, lol. After that--it was time to sleep!

The next morning was a Magic Morning... so it was going to be an early one! We needed to ride Star Tours still and needed to hit it early.

I'll get the rest of the photos in another post... I'm going to go over the limit!

Glad Dave was feeling better :cool1: And boo for a frozen computer...

So did all those stuffies come home with you or did you gift them out? One of the things I like so much about US/IoA is the proximity to each other...but it's not Disney. Ugh I want to go to DL :laughing:

Day 5

It was Day 5 and virtually everything was done except Star Tours, Fireworks, It's a Small World (refurb till Friday), Redwood Creek Challenge (refurb till Friday) and Electronica. I also still needed to buy my tea.

We woke up, got ready, and made it to the Magic Morning! First stop was Star Tours. This ride is crazy popular out there. Always the longest line in both parks. It's the same exact deal as WDW--but for some reason it didn't seem as "on" as WDW's and made me a little dizzy--DH thought the same.

We battled it out on Buzz again. Only select attrations are open for Magic Mornings so we were deciding if we needed to go back to Fantasyland... ehhh let's just go to brunch early. I had an 11am ADR for Goofy's Brunch, but it was a little before 10. What can I say... I'm a breakfast eater! We hopped the monorail while we were in Tomorrowland and it took us to Downtown Disney pointing towards the DLH. We made our way over there, explored the resort for a minute, and went in to see if they could take us early.

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

They said it was no issue--the place was dead. Maybe 10-15 tables in the whole place. I really liked getting here when I was actually hungry, rather than rolling out of bed, rushing to get to breakfast, rushing to get out of breakfast and making it to the parks. I liked going to the park, then coming over mid morning! Before being seated, we took a picture with Goofy.

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

We ordered our drinks and started towards the buffet. O-M-G :eek: This is the most fantastic buffet I've ever seen. Of course it's a brunch so there was everything from real thick bacon, to roast beef and mashed potatoes, p/b and j pizza, to real pizza, ice cream, dirt dessert, pastries, salad, mac and cheese..... you name it... you got it!! It wasn't standard Disney buffet bleh either. It was real, live, food :laughing: DH was in heaven. He said he wanted to eat there everyday, lol. Next time, we'll add it a couple times!

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

We were visited by Chip, Dale, Pluto, Pinocchio, Rafiki, the Mad Hatter, and DH's girlfriend Aurora. I'm thinking I'm missing someone, but can't put my finger on it right now. I loved the randomness of the Characters!! We hated to leave, lol.

We went to check out the pool for a minute, and just walked the grounds of DLH.

What to do?

Well there was more shopping. We took that stuff back to the room and I decided that I was going to clean up and pack just a little while we relaxed. We ate a lot. I knew Friday would be busy, so I thought if I could just pack a few things that we'd be a step in the right direction. DH napped, I got everything that we wouldn't need the next day all together. Made sure all my coffee mugs were secure, packed all my plush from the Boardwalk games strategically so when they opened my luggage, all my animals would be staring at them :lmao: Okay--big suitcase packed. We laid around for a bit. I didn't really know what to do.

Finally we got up, went into DCA, got a fast pass for WOC just in case, and found ourselves back at the Sorcerer's Workshop, and we made seriously failed attempt at drawing Mickey. Those are the only ones we threw away--I blame it on the teacher that flew through it and didn't give us enough time, lol. Major fail--and DH said he was done with that for the rest of the trip, lol.

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

I made him ride King Triton's Carousel with me, lol. It was cute, I loved the colorful sea creatures!

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

We hopped over to the other side into DL and used an immediate fast pass for Space Mountain again. I just love it there! We walked for a bit, went into the Pin store in Frontierland and bought a few random boxes to open over dinner. We like to see what we got and maybe use them to trade.

It was finally time for our Blue Bayou reservation. I had been waiting for this all week. Each entree comes with salad or gumbo. I don't eat either, but I ordered the gumbo. I ate the rice off the top, lol. Our waiter asked if I didn't like it and I said that I just wanted the rice. He came back with an entire soup cup of rice for me!! I loved the rice... mmmm!! This made me happy, lol. I got the surf and turf with filet and lobster tail. DH got the Roasted Beef Strip Loin. Both entrees were fantastic. Soooooo good. This is a must do in the future!! We really enjoyed our meals. The ambiance is nice and dark and it's in the POTC ride! I need to look at my pictures to see if we got a Chocolate Cake or not. I can't remember, lol. That's terrible, lol. I do remember after tip and discount that I left a $100 bill--so I'm thinking that I didn't get the cake. Maybe I watched someone eat it, lol. Who knows.

After we left, we looked in the shops. The perfume shop tried to hard sell DH and I when we were looking at the Dior stuff. I like to smell the classics we don't have at the store because I can order them on my gratis orders. The guy was pushy and asked me why I didn't want to buy it if I loved it. I told him for the 3rd time, very nicely... because I get it for free through Dior. He didn't get it--no english. So instead of sniffing a little more, we left. I plan on ordering Dolce Vita and Diorissimo this time, but I wanted to get something for DH too... but we'll sniff in May in Epcot, lol.

---off topic---there's a weird energy in the office today. it's creepy.

Anywho. DH played around by the Club 33 door. I would love to someday get to go there. We'll put it on my dream bucket list... along with Disneyland Paris that I was pricing this morning :rolleyes1

I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to go see WOC in person again. We had the fast passes, so we wandered over there, found a pretty great spot in the wet zone again and waited. Of course we waited about 45 minutes and 3 minutes prior a group of teens tried to push their way up to the front in between all of us waiting--almost knocking over a stroller next to me. Between me, DH, and the couple with the stroller... we ran them off :laughing: We were a great team, lol. I decided I was going to do nothing but watch this time. No pictures, just taking it all in. I did, I teared up, and I didn't want to leave. I loved every minute of it. Le Sigh. I can't get enough of that show. The fun thing is... some parts change periodically and I've been youtubing to see some of the different ones!!

We were tired. We made it back up to the room, packed up a little more, got organized. I made sure I had somewhat of a plan for the next day. I can't believe it was the last day!! There was so much that was being refurbed, or built, that we were missing. We never made it to the pool, it was too cold. Ugh... well it's decided--we'll just have to come back :idea:

Next up is the last day. I'll put more pictures for this day in when I get home tonight.

Great updates and I also just noticed your countdown - so lucky!

Too funny being done at the park in an hour and 40 minutes.

Have you been to Universal and Islands of Adventure? Is that what it is like at DisneyLand? That's how I am picturing it, with the two parks close together and the hotels and downtown disney.

My sister and her boyfriend have decided they are going to DL for a couple of days when they go to Vegas later this year. They are hoping to use some of my parents' points to stay at GCV.

Can't believe you will soon be writing about your last day.

I have been reading along and loving every minute of your trip! I want to go to DL again so badly (its been almost 10 years). We are planning on buying a house now after the wedding, so not sure we'll take a "real" honeymoon after like I thought.

I have been to Disneyland Paris and I wouldn't suggest planning a whole trip around it lol. The castle is beautiful but the way someone described it to me, and now the way I think of it, is that they were trying to bring Disneyland to Europe, rather than create a unique Disney park for Europe. So instead of something like Tokyo Disney Sea, you have the classic Disney rides using the same technology from the 50's and 60's because they are trying to make it authentic. I had a lot of fun there...but it doesn't compare to WDW (or what I remember of DL). Save up for Tokyo Disney! lol I think I have the pictures posted on my facebook (they are from 2007) if you want to check them out!

Day 5 update. Great job Deena...I'm officially hungry now....and we are almost to last day already.....are you continuing with a May PTR :love: IDK what to do without your TR.....re-read perhaps :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter