Magic Bands/Annual Passes

eeyorethegreat

DIS Veteran
I currently have Annual Pass VOUCHERS linked to my family on MDE. We won't be activating them until we arrive in August. I called Disney and they told me that when we activate them I will not receive a magic bands but magic bands will get sent to our address after that (Which will be after our trip). Not really wanting to have to pay extra for bands if I don't have to. Does anyone have experience with Guest services giving them bands right there when they activate their AP - contrary to what the CM on the phone said?

I currently have Annual Pass VOUCHERS linked to my family on MDE. We won't be activating them until we arrive in August. I called Disney and they told me that when we activate them I will not receive a magic bands but magic bands will get sent to our address after that (Which will be after our trip). Not really wanting to have to pay extra for bands if I don't have to. Does anyone have experience with Guest services giving them bands right there when they activate their AP - contrary to what the CM on the phone said?
I've never heard of receiving a band upon activation, but you will get your AP card. Do you have an old band?

The phone CM was right they will send them to your home but will give you cards and the cards work fine

They are correct, you will order your MB after you activate your AP. You won't get them before, or at the park, at the time of activation.
You aren't required to use the MB either. If you are on property you will get one with your resort stay. If you are not, you can use your actual AP instead of the MB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter