Magic Kingdom closed

12:15, not bad. It usually closes by 10AM. Usually another park soon follows. It seems it's not as crowded this year as past years.

12:15, not bad. It usually closes by 10AM. Usually another park soon follows. It seems it's not as crowded this year as past years.
I could be wrong but I don’t think they had a phase closure at all last year...it may have even been several years.

Most people that have been this holiday season has said this year seems much busier.

Woah. Looks like a phase 4 (from the MDE screenshot). That hasn’t happened since NFL opened. Crazy.

Going to mk tomorrow afternoon and hope we can get in. Have an adr and the dessert party. At phase 4 I assume ADRs don’t matter and hopefully won’t be charged the no show fee. But will they reimburse prepaid costs for things like dessert parties?

If it gets to a Phase 4 closure ADRs won't get you in, but you may still be charged the fee. At that point you would be considered a no show. And typically they won't reimburse you for anything prepaid. It is up to the guest to make their ADR and dessert parties. That includes being in the park.

Having said that, it is highly unlikely the park will hit a Phase 4. You should be ok.

I could be wrong but I don’t think they had a phase closure at all last year...it may have even been several years.

Most people that have been this holiday season has said this year seems much busier.

The posts on Disboard the last few days I have read said lighter crowds than they expected and very little wait times. I live in Tampa so it usually pops up in our local news feed about MK closing somewhere between 10-12. I just looked in google at MK Christmas Day closure and it has closed for capacity in 2016, 2015, AND 2014. It may have been different stages, but still closures.

Years ago I had a military coworker who was having family visit for Christmas from up North and he mentioned he might go to Disney since the parks would be pretty much empty. I had to educate him on that topic.

Oh and to add, I was just at Gaylord Palms yesterday for ICE. Crowd level is about what I expected at the resort. I-4 past Gaylord was at a standstill. We thought about going to Disney Springs to eat dinner but just at ate Gaylord instead. We didn't want to get into the Disney crowds.

Just left at 1:15. It was not bad first thing this morning. We arrived at 7:15 and had three fast passes. Also rode teacups, Pooh, Aladdins Carpet. Kids did Keys to the Kingdom. I'm glad I caught the parade yesterday. Mobile ordering at Columbia Harbor House was clutch. Saturday night they closed MainStreet before fireworks started. It was packed! We skipped fireworks but we rode Splash and BTMR with NO lines.
Very crowded, but doable with a plan.

I have nothing to compare it to, but I left on the 22nd and it was pretty crowded. Not as insane as I expected from reading the boards though.

If it gets to a Phase 4 closure ADRs won't get you in, but you may still be charged the fee. At that point you would be considered a no show. And typically they won't reimburse you for anything prepaid. It is up to the guest to make their ADR and dessert parties. That includes being in the park.

Agreed.

Mobile ordering at Columbia Harbor House was clutch.

What does that mean?

This was around 12:30 pm. We were headed out. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• C2006C83-E05D-4A5B-BB3A-0840AF42137C.jpeg
    C2006C83-E05D-4A5B-BB3A-0840AF42137C.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 574
I posted this in another thread, we didn't even bother with MK today...we know better. But as we were heading to HS around 10:00, one of the roads we take goes over one of the roads leading to the MK auto plaza. The line was backed up past where we crossed over, which is FAR from the plaza.

HS was not bad whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter