Magical Express changes pick up time from 3 to 4 hours prior to flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have CLEAR. So thinking we'll just catch a Lyft back to the airport. Just to clarify: we can still use the resort check in for our luggage even if we don't use Magical Express, correct?

Hope it goes back before our Jan. trip or I will have to cancel our lunch ressie.

Did ME in October from BLT took 1:15 min to get to the airport with all the stops.
Over 1 hour at security since they check every piece of candy and food, made in on the plane 5 min before takeoff way too close for me.
4 hours is much better.

We have CLEAR. So thinking we'll just catch a Lyft back to the airport. Just to clarify: we can still use the resort check in for our luggage even if we don't use Magical Express, correct?

Yes, RAC and DME are totally different. Anyone can use RAC regardless of their travel method to the airport. RAC is effectively curbside airport check-in, except the curb is at your resort.

We're flying back 12/2 from our first resort-stay as a family. We were planning on taking ME, but now I'm thinking maybe we Uber back to airport. We'll be at MK that day, and our flight doesn't leave until 7:30 PM. I'm pretty cautious with my airport time, though ... so I can't see us leaving any later than 4:30pm for the airport anyway ... wonder if it's worth the Uber charge and hassle just to gain an extra hour at the park.

TSA at Mco is shameful. I travel very frequently and have never experienced such rude ineffectual behavior at any airport, repeatedly, over the past years. In March of this year I witnessed a young man be berated for taking a laptop out of his carry on after an agent further back in the line repeatedly yelled at everyone to take all electronics out of their bags. In September, they had started the new rule that you couldn't have food in your carry on, so more berating of everyone without the common sense of posting a sign at the beginning of the line stating the new rule. I'm going to start recording their behavior and posting it. It is so unprofessional and they need to be called out on it.

TSA at Mco is shameful. I travel very frequently and have never experienced such rude ineffectual behavior at any airport, repeatedly, over the past years. In March of this year I witnessed a young man be berated for taking a laptop out of his carry on after an agent further back in the line repeatedly yelled at everyone to take all electronics out of their bags. In September, they had started the new rule that you couldn't have food in your carry on, so more berating of everyone without the common sense of posting a sign at the beginning of the line stating the new rule. I'm going to start recording their behavior and posting it. It is so unprofessional and they need to be called out on it.

AGREED! their TSA is a mess, they all need to be trained.

Hello Lyft/Uber. I am already kicking and screaming when i leave 3 hours early, not doing 4. We normally do the last flight out on a weekday, the airport isn't as busy.

To anyone flying international, I'd be interested in knowing how this affects us. Will pickup now be 5 hours prior to takeoff? Do international and domestic passengers all go through the same TSA lines?

To anyone flying international, I'd be interested in knowing how this affects us. Will pickup now be 5 hours prior to takeoff? Do international and domestic passengers all go through the same TSA lines?
The way I've read it, everyone will now be 4hrs.

Wow that’s not bad at all. Thank you
Yeah, a lot less than I thought! If they continue the 4-hrs past the holidays I’ll probably take an Uber. With RAC and pre-check, plus no kids in tow, there isn’t much necessity for a 4-hr departure.

I do worry they may keep the 4-hr pickup after the holidays to cut costs and just have busses stop at more resorts.

......... In September, they had started the new rule that you couldn't have food in your carry on, so more berating of everyone without the common sense of posting a sign at the beginning of the line stating the new rule. I'm going to start recording their behavior and posting it. It is so unprofessional and they need to be called out on it.

What?! Wait!— you can’t have food in your carry-on bag?!! Everyone brings snacks for the flight home! Can you have them in your purse/backpack/ Messenger bag, but not in your actual carry-on roller-type bag?

What?! Wait!— you can’t have food in your carry-on bag?!! Everyone brings snacks for the flight home! Can you have them in your purse/backpack/ Messenger bag, but not in your actual carry-on roller-type bag?

You can have food, they're just giving food more scrutiny, including swabbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter