MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

mrsap

DIS Veteran

BREAKING:​

MagicBand+ Debuts at Walt Disney World

It’s official, folks! MagicBand+ has made its debut at Walt Disney World. We found the brand new bands this morning at World of Disney in Disney Springs.

MagicBand+ – $29.99​

WDW-MagicBand-2-1200x900.jpg

1651415053017.jpeg

Does anyone know if they’ll be offering a preorder on these prior to coming for a discount, like we can with normal magic bands? Well….what few are in stock anyways.

Wondering if the central "puck" will be removable on these like the current MB's.

FIRST LOOK: All the Details of the New MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World

*Click above for additional details.

WDW-MagicBand-15-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-12-1200x900.jpg

Unlike the regular MagicBands, MagicBand+ must be charged for use. It comes with a charger and USB cord.

WDW-MagicBand-13-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-14-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-11-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-9-1-1200x900.jpg

To charge the MagicBand+, snap the band into the charger with the Mickey icon in the center. The band comes fully charged at the time of purchase.

WDW-MagicBand-16-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-17-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-8-1-1200x900.jpg
WDWMAgicBand-back-900x1200.jpg

On the back, you can see where the charger will match up with the band. The Mickey icon can be removed with a small screwdriver.

WDW-MagicBand-19-1200x675.jpg

Here’s a look at the band snapped into the charger.

WDW-MagicBand-18-1200x675.jpg

A green light pulsed while it was plugged in. To remove the band from the charger, gently push up on either side.

sJiAxAFy-WDW-MagicBand-6-1200x900.jpg

Here’s a look at the band out of the packaging. Like the older models, part of the strap can be removed to adjust the size. From our experience, children will likely need to remove the extra band piece.

Looks like the same style charging base as my old Fitbit. Fantastic for the first six months then got more and more fidgety until intermittent charging turned into .. just won’t be happening today charging. Lol next info I will be looking for is how long a charge lasts. I imagine that type of info will be out in next few days now that they are in use. Just checked on the Disney site and they r not available for pre purchase for our upcoming trip yet.

FIRST LOOK: All the Details of the New MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World

*Click above for additional details.

WDW-MagicBand-15-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-12-1200x900.jpg

Unlike the regular MagicBands, MagicBand+ must be charged for use. It comes with a charger and USB cord.

WDW-MagicBand-13-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-14-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-11-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-9-1-1200x900.jpg

To charge the MagicBand+, snap the band into the charger with the Mickey icon in the center. The band comes fully charged at the time of purchase.

WDW-MagicBand-16-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-17-1200x900.jpg
WDW-MagicBand-8-1-1200x900.jpg
WDWMAgicBand-back-900x1200.jpg

On the back, you can see where the charger will match up with the band. The Mickey icon can be removed with a small screwdriver.

WDW-MagicBand-19-1200x675.jpg

Here’s a look at the band snapped into the charger.

WDW-MagicBand-18-1200x675.jpg

A green light pulsed while it was plugged in. To remove the band from the charger, gently push up on either side.

sJiAxAFy-WDW-MagicBand-6-1200x900.jpg

Here’s a look at the band out of the packaging. Like the older models, part of the strap can be removed to adjust the size. From our experience, children will likely need to remove the extra band piece.
I thought these were supposed to have screens and could be used a watch? Doesn’t look like it.

OOPS! New MagicBand+ Released Early By Mistake!

The new MagicBand+ was NOT supposed to hit store shelves today, they were put out in error! The bands that had restocked to the shelves were immediately pulled down and awaiting patrons were told there would not be more available today.

Band-1.jpg

A source told MickeyBlog that there was definitely a miscommunication this morning, causing an erroneous release of the red, black and blue Mickey-faced bands. Those seemingly lucky guests who purchased bands this morning will find that they will not be able to connect to any of the new MagicBand+ features until the full release. We imagine there is some disappointment on the horizon!

Last edited:
MagicBand+ to go live at Walt Disney World in June 2022 and sell for under $30

MagicBand+ will be available at a discounted, pre-arrival price for Disney Resort hotel guests, as well as new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders. Current MagicBands will continue to be available, as well, along with the complimentary Disney MagicMobile service that extends MagicBand features, such as park entry, to smart devices.

Hmmm, we arrive July 8th. Curious to see specifically when these are available to order online or if we would be cutting this too close.

eBay Resellers Cash In on Early MagicBand+ Release

You guessed it – eBay resellers are already cashing in on today’s erroneous release of Disney’s new MagicBand+! We’ll back up a bit to fill you in on the whole story if you’ve missed it, but first check out these items selling up to 4X their retail cost on the popular resale site!

magicband+ ebay

Surprised to see that they cost the same as regular Magicbands with a design. I was fully expecting these to be more expensive.

I'm not interested in buying one right now but when they start selling ones with cool designs then I'll consider it.
I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate:

I'm betting they were put out by someone who mistakenly thought they were normal MBs and priced them accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter