MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

To my surprise I checked my email today and I had one from Disney apologizing for the MB not arriving prior to my trip (I got here Wednesday). I knew my cost of the original MB was being refunded & I could still keep the band. They also sent me a $50 Disney gift card to use to buy a replacement band or use for whatever I want! I didn’t expect that. I’m glad I haven’t bought a replacement band yet, I don’t think I’m going to. Now that I’m here, I’ve noticed they really don’t do much. I won’t play the bounty hunter game. I think I’ll keep using my band from last December, which I really like. I’m even more satisfied with how the Great MB+ debacle was handed.

I called today to ask why after 9 days my order is still "processing." I was transferred to the tech department.
I explained that my Disney resort stay starts September 11, but I am arriving September 6 and need the band by then.
The tech person told me she couldn't "guarantee" it would arrive, but there's a chance, and if it doesn't ship I should call and they'll send it to the desk. I mentioned again about my arrival date. Same answer: no "guarantee," call, pick up at desk.
Yep, I'm on day 16 from ordering and still haven't shipped. We leave in 2wks!

Can a MB+ only be paired to one phone, or one phone at a time?
I’m wondering what will happen when my husband and I switch off with kids (like doing rider swap) will the kid’s band not activate the golden statues or play bounty hunter if they’re paired to my phone but I’m not with them…

I’m wondering what will happen when my husband and I switch off with kids (like doing rider swap) will the kid’s band not activate the golden statues or play bounty hunter if they’re paired to my phone but I’m not with them…
Good question.....I'm interested in the answer too

“Disney’s Electrical Light Parade” MagicBand+ Coming to shopDisney Soon

A new MagicBand+ will be coming to shopDisney soon. The “Disney’s Electrical Light Parade” MagicBand+ will be available on August 17th at 7am PT on shopDisney.com. Here’s a look!

electrical-light-parade-magicband-plus-1400x1400.jpg

We arrive on 8/27 and our bands just shipped! I did not get a shipping email (or a confirmation when I ordered), just noticed the status changed to "shipped" on MDE with a tracking number.

We arrive on 8/27 and our bands just shipped! I did not get a shipping email (or a confirmation when I ordered), just noticed the status changed to "shipped" on MDE with a tracking number.
We check in on 8/31, so hopefully ours will ship out soon.

my daughter informed me at midnight that ours made it to our state. I told her that they still need to make it to our town then to our house. We leave tomorrow morning we need pixie dust!

“Disney’s Electrical Light Parade” MagicBand+ Coming to shopDisney Soon

A new MagicBand+ will be coming to shopDisney soon. The “Disney’s Electrical Light Parade” MagicBand+ will be available on August 17th at 7am PT on shopDisney.com. Here’s a look!
They just hit my weak spot. I love all things MSEP. I do wish though that Elliott was on the puck.

Still waiting on my MDE band to ship. I leave two weeks from Thursday. If it comes great, if not, it's not the end of the world. Hopefully if it doesn't, they will still be doing some kind of guest recovery.

In MDE under MagicBands and Cards
Fun fact #1: 9 full days passed before the order showed up in our Disney account.

Fun fact #2: Email (5 days pre-arrival): The order would instead ship directly to our resort, and we should ask at check-in.

Fun fact #3: Email (4 days pre-arrival): The order will not be ready in time, therefore we will receive a $50 eGift cert to use to help offset the discount we received with the pre-arrival price we paid, to help each family member purchase a new MagicBand+ upon arrival, and the original order would still ship. (Where? Great question LOL)

**We asked at check-in...they were not at the front desk.

Fun fact #4: Arrived home yesterday, 19 August. The order shipped the day we left (18 August). There is officially a tracking number! The order is now in Georgia....no expected delivery date, but the delivery address (so far) is home.

Heads up, y'all - the MagicBand+ bands look the same as the MagicBands always have, but we noticed a definite difference in that they didn't want to stay "latched" (you know, where those little nubs poke through the holes in the band to secure to your wrist). In fact....my husband's Star Wars band is at the bottom of about 5 feet of water at the boat ramp from HS to BCV...

My son and I noticed ours both tried to come off a few times a day this trip, and we don't recall that issue in past trips. If y'all don't notice this, maybe we just were more aware this time? Either way, with all the hassle we all are going through to get these, just making sure to share this little bit of fun. We had already bought regular MagicBand's before the MagicBand+ purchase anyway, so we had a back-up, but not everyone has/will do that!

@manditrianne Shop Disney says the width of the Magicband+ strap is the same as Magicband 2. Did you find that to be the case? I have some of those silicone security bands from my old magicbands & I'm wondering if they'll fit the plus.

@manditrianne Shop Disney says the width of the Magicband+ strap is the same as Magicband 2. Did you find that to be the case? I have some of those silicone security bands from my old magicbands & I'm wondering if they'll fit the plus.
So, I'm not 100% certain, but I would say yes. I feel like it's the thickness that is causing the issue. If the band is thinner (by a millimeter??), maybe, but I am wondering if those little nubbie thingies that poke through the holes to connect are just not as snug-fitting as the previous version.

Heads up, y'all - the MagicBand+ bands look the same as the MagicBands always have, but we noticed a definite difference in that they didn't want to stay "latched" (you know, where those little nubs poke through the holes in the band to secure to your wrist). In fact....my husband's Star Wars band is at the bottom of about 5 feet of water at the boat ramp from HS to BCV...

My son and I noticed ours both tried to come off a few times a day this trip, and we don't recall that issue in past trips. If y'all don't notice this, maybe we just were more aware this time? Either way, with all the hassle we all are going through to get these, just making sure to share this little bit of fun. We had already bought regular MagicBand's before the MagicBand+ purchase anyway, so we had a back-up, but not everyone has/will do that!
I was going to comment on the same thing. My Darth Vader one slipped off my wrist a few times last week. That has never ever happened with regular magic bands. My guess is the bands are more cheaply made so the nubs aren't as thick. Or the fact that there are more holes on them to accommodate larger and smaller wrists may be causing the problem.

I’m pretty sure that when I was watching some of the vlogs of the MB+ they had to use their phones while playing the bounty hunter game, and I would assume they’d still activate the statues, but you would have the “collection“ update without the phone… but that’s a great question, and I hadn’t even thought about that part yet.. lol

Would be interested to hear more from those using MB+.
Listening to the Dis podcast yesterday, there doesn't seem to be enough there to make me want to upgrade from our current bands. Sounds like younger kids would have a lot of fun with MB+, adults, maybe not so much.
I'll say this - I'm glad we got them, and I'm glad they were discounted. If I was going to have to pay for them in the future, I'd pay for 1-2 per party, not everyone, if the cost difference was $10+ each. That said, our 12-year-old LOVED seeing it light up at different times, loved interacting with the "50" golden statues, and the interactivity (fireworks, etc.). Given our trips are still focused on him, I'd pay for it again. I'm not sure we needed one per person in our party - but again, if we wanted ANY MagicBand (no matter the version), the cost difference is minimal and the memories are worth it. If we were NOT shopping for a new band and planning to use one we already had, I wouldn't upgrade everyone's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter