• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

No clue since these are all new.

I was surprised that there were no Marvel ones.
They are selling the Iron Man MB+ at the parks!

Iron Man MagicBand+ – $44.99

magicband 61

This band is red, with a design inspired by Iron Man’s armor. The center puck features his arc reactor.

When is your arrival date? I ordered last night (it said I had 7 days left to order, I arrive 8/10) and did not get the option to pick up at my resort. I wanted to do that because I'm afraid it won't arrive in time. Fingers crossed!

I arrive before you and didn't get a pick up option but on the "My Plans" page it says "Your MagicBands will be available at the Front Desk of your Resort hotel when you check in." so it must automatically change if you are within a certain time frame.

Those who have ordered through MDE for a resort stay...did you get an email confirmation of your purchase? I got an order confirmation screen (which I printed to PDF), but I haven't received an email confirmation.
Now, how long will it take the Etsy folks with 3D printers to design a new puck holder to put on a watch band for these? I'm kind of hoping not long, since I want the new puck with the features, but don't really like wearing MagicBands and much prefer sliding a puck holder onto my watch band.
I did not get a confirmation email, but it shows my order in MDE with a confirmation number. I also took screenshots of my order confirmation page.

I arrive before you and didn't get a pick up option but on the "My Plans" page it says "Your MagicBands will be available at the Front Desk of your Resort hotel when you check in." so it must automatically change if you are within a certain time frame.
Thank you! Have a great trip!

Well I don't know if it's right or not, but that's where I am too so I'm guessing that's the process.
Did you get through? I finally got through and the tech person wouldn't even let me talk and said it couldn't be done because I am only allowed one discounted band ahead of time. The tech then hung up on me.
When I called, the CM said she can reset it right away. She did put me on a brief hold and when she came back, she said it was done. It took a minute or two after I refreshed to show up on my MDE.
Did you already receive your original bands? The first tech person told me I was allowed only one discounted band and then hung up on me. So I am on hold with another tech person who is trying to find out if it can be done. I am hoping I am successful this time.

Has Disney said anything about the availability of the 50th themed Magicband+ options? I assume they'll be available throughout the 50th celebration but I'm wondering about after. I don't have plans to go back to the parks for probably a few years. I think our next Disney trip will be a cruise. But I wanted to make sure I got a 50th Magicband+ for future trips.

Just saw an article that people are pulling out the bands and throwing the box away, not realizing the charger is on the back of the cardboard under the band. So, for whoever is buying in the parks today, be careful about that!

Yanno, when you offer tech that had about 2 years of battery life since 2013, people will think that the new tech will have similar battery life, and not one that's measured in days, or possibly hours.

Did you get through? I finally got through and the tech person wouldn't even let me talk and said it couldn't be done because I am only allowed one discounted band ahead of time. The tech then hung up on me.

Did you already receive your original bands? The first tech person told me I was allowed only one discounted band and then hung up on me. So I am on hold with another tech person who is trying to find out if it can be done. I am hoping I am successful this time.

The tech hanging up on you is really bad customer service!

Just FYI, I had called the 'internet help desk' (if that's what you meant by 'tech') and they ended up transferring me out of their department, oddly enough to the 'AP desk' (I'm not an AP). The person they transferred me to assured me that she could help me and in a jiffy she had me log into my MDE account and directed me to a new link to order MB+ thru MDE. My call with her lasted all of 10 minutes, I think she was already tapping away on the changes before I even fully explained what I wanted.

You know, in my prior job when there was a major internet change like this they usually didn't train 100% of the telephone staff. They trained a 'cadre' of employees in various departments and all calls were routed to them. That may be why I ended up at the AP desk. And possibly why your 'tech' didn't seem to know beans.

The other thing to be considered is that others on this thread have mentioned that they were 'reset' because they'd ordered MBs before Disney announced the 7/27 release date. I fit in that category. I had mistakenly ordered MBs a couple of months ago thinking they would be 'held' until closer to our arrival date as has always happened. Nope, they shipped right away and could not be returned. I don't know what I was thinking since I knew MB+ would be out before our trip!

I'm not ordering now since our trip is in 2023 and I want to wait until the date gets closer to let them get the bugs ironed out and see what new designs may come out. And to let the 'release day' madness die down. Plus, people with upcoming trips need the bands now, I can wait.

I hope you get this straightened out.

Yes, both my husband and I received our bands. It seems odd that they were so willing to reset my account but are giving you a hard time. I made the call on Monday, maybe they've changed their policy since then.

I'm sorry they are giving you a hard time. I'd call again.

When is your arrival date? I ordered last night (it said I had 7 days left to order, I arrive 8/10) and did not get the option to pick up at my resort. I wanted to do that because I'm afraid it won't arrive in time. Fingers crossed!
Ours is August 2nd. That's weird! Maybe the time frame has shifted to resort pick-up being 5-1 days before arrival because they have the bands stocked at the resorts? That's the only thing I can think of!

We have a trip in October. I want to order now but I also want to wait and see if they release halloween ones!

The tech hanging up on you is really bad customer service!

Just FYI, I had called the 'internet help desk' (if that's what you meant by 'tech') and they ended up transferring me out of their department, oddly enough to the 'AP desk' (I'm not an AP). The person they transferred me to assured me that she could help me and in a jiffy she had me log into my MDE account and directed me to a new link to order MB+ thru MDE. My call with her lasted all of 10 minutes, I think she was already tapping away on the changes before I even fully explained what I wanted.

You know, in my prior job when there was a major internet change like this they usually didn't train 100% of the telephone staff. They trained a 'cadre' of employees in various departments and all calls were routed to them. That may be why I ended up at the AP desk. And possibly why your 'tech' didn't seem to know beans.

The other thing to be considered is that others on this thread have mentioned that they were 'reset' because they'd ordered MBs before Disney announced the 7/27 release date. I fit in that category. I had mistakenly ordered MBs a couple of months ago thinking they would be 'held' until closer to our arrival date as has always happened. Nope, they shipped right away and could not be returned. I don't know what I was thinking since I knew MB+ would be out before our trip!

I'm not ordering now since our trip is in 2023 and I want to wait until the date gets closer to let them get the bugs ironed out and see what new designs may come out. And to let the 'release day' madness die down. Plus, people with upcoming trips need the bands now, I can wait.

I hope you get this straightened out.
Thanks. I couldn't believe how rude the first tech person was. I called back and got a different tech person ( who was really nice) who put me on hold and called customer service. He came back and said I needed the help desk and he transferred me to them. I was on hold with them for a long time but I just got off with someone from there who took about ten seconds and did it for me. He had me go into account to verify it was all set. Now I just have to figure out why when I get to the end, I can't click on the purchase button.
Yes, both my husband and I received our bands. It seems odd that they were so willing to reset my account but are giving you a hard time. I made the call on Monday, maybe they've change their policy since then.

Thanks for the info. I talked to a different tech person (very nice) who got me to the help desk. The help desk took about ten seconds to reset. It was no problem. I am in there now with all the info I put but it won't let me click on the purchase button. Hopefully, I can figure that out now. I am going to try from a different device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter