MagicBand+ Order

I am so frustrated. I have gotten NO emails from them at all. Still processing. Still no charge. Arriving August 20.

I tried chat in MDE and got a "You have to contact Merchandise Gift Services because we can't see anything about it." message. Emailed and didn't even get an autoresponse. (And yes, I check my spam folder.)

I am so frustrated. I have gotten NO emails from them at all. Still processing. Still no charge. Arriving August 20.

I tried chat in MDE and got a "You have to contact Merchandise Gift Services because we can't see anything about it." message. Emailed and didn't even get an autoresponse. (And yes, I check my spam folder.)
No email here. But our bands actually shipped. Unfortunately they shipped from Florida yesterday, and we fly out of Connecticut tomorrow morning.

No email here. But our bands actually shipped. Unfortunately they shipped from Florida yesterday, and we fly out of Connecticut tomorrow morning.

Even if mine ship today (or if somehow they shipped yesterday but nothing updated), I'm in Brooklyn. NY and leave on Friday. My history with OSM is that it will likely go and sit somewhere in PA for about 5 days before moving, so it would arrive once I'm home. Bottom line is if it IS shipped but doesn't arrive before I leave, I'll be escalating it. It's not my fault they couldn't ship it as promised - and they should know that most people will be leaving before their Disney arrival day.

In addition, if you’d like to purchase other MagicBands to use at the Walt Disney World Resort for this visit, to provide the discount you were offered online, we will be sending you a $50 digital Disney Gift Card that you may use toward the purchase of a MagicBand+ at a Walt Disney World Resort retail location, or you may apply it toward the purchase of other Disney merchandise or experiences (see DisneyGiftCard.com for details and participating locations). A separate email will be sent with your digital Disney gift card.

It’s great they are trying to make it right. Wondering how the $50 was decided on. Did you order 5 bands so they gave you the $10 discount per person? Or does it seem like $50 per party no matter how many you had ordered?

I did not get an email.
Just had a band show up
So no email means little

If anyone is still curious about this, I just got this email from Disney. I ordered at midnight launch day too and received nothing for my trip in 48 hours. Definitely sucks, but at least they tried to make up for it with free bands and a gift card.

We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand+ order you made through My Disney Experience.

Due to overwhelming popularity, we are unable to fulfill your order in time for your arrival at Walt Disney World Resort. Therefore, your order will be complimentary.

If you were charged, a refund will be automatically processed back to your original form of payment within 7 business days. Your MagicBands will still ship to the address provided, at no cost to you so you can use it for future visits.

In addition, if you’d like to purchase other MagicBands to use at the Walt Disney World Resort for this visit, to provide the discount you were offered online, we will be sending you a $50 digital Disney Gift Card that you may use toward the purchase of a MagicBand+ at a Walt Disney World Resort retail location, or you may apply it toward the purchase of other Disney merchandise or experiences (see DisneyGiftCard.com for details and participating locations). A separate email will be sent with your digital Disney gift card.

Please accept our sincerest apologies. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!
Interesting. Our trip is in 8 days. I hadn't checked in a while, but I just did, and they were shipped!!! They only went out yesterday, so with a bit of pixie dust usps magic, we will have them before we leave!
I kinda liked your deal better though... LOL

It’s great they are trying to make it right. Wondering how the $50 was decided on. Did you order 5 bands so they gave you the $10 discount per person? Or does it seem like $50 per party no matter how many you had ordered?

Good question. I ordered 2 magicband+'s...the first was the pink princess band and the second was the white WDW 4 parks band. I've heard they are both popular, and they are both sold out in the online Disney store. They may be providing this refund for bands they know they can't fulfill?

I also think the $50 is a blanket amount, as most of the orders they receive are probably less than 5 bands and they don't want to have to calculate the amount for every order?

Interesting. Our trip is in 8 days. I hadn't checked in a while, but I just did, and they were shipped!!! They only went out yesterday, so with a bit of pixie dust usps magic, we will have them before we leave!
I kinda liked your deal better though... LOL

Haha...I actually agree. My wife and I thought it was a pretty good deal to still eventually get the bands, get a full refund, AND get a gift card for much more than we saved. With all of the issues with the new bands, I'm fine with using our old magic bands and using the $50 at food and wine! I might grab one band in the parks to try it out, but leaning towards passing for now.

Haha...I actually agree. My wife and I thought it was a pretty good deal to still eventually get the bands, get a full refund, AND get a gift card for much more than we saved. With all of the issues with the new bands, I'm fine with using our old magic bands and using the $50 at food and wine! I might grab one band in the parks to try it out, but leaning towards passing for now.
Oy vey - There are issues with the new MagicBand+???

Oy vey - There are issues with the new MagicBand+???

Apparently there are a lot of them. Uncharged when you get them in the parks. Some won't pair with phones. Some don't work with the statues when you waive. Most of the YouTube videos I've watched said they aren't worth it and are kind of a gimmicky cash grab.

Apparently there are a lot of them. Uncharged when you get them in the parks. Some won't pair with phones. Some don't work with the statues when you waive. Most of the YouTube videos I've watched said they aren't worth it and are kind of a gimmicky cash grab.
Well isn't that lovely. I'll be heartbroken if they don't work with the statues. Literally its the #1 reason I got them! And they said no refunds or exchanges I believe as well.... Oh, fingers crossed ours work! I've watched YouTube of Mr. Morrow and others with theirs, and they worked. So fingers crossed ours will work as well!

We have a trip coming up in about 2 weeks. I ordered our MagicBand+ the day they came out. I see them on our account, but theres no mention of shipping or anything.

Will they be mailed out soon? A small wrench is that we have a split stay pop/poly and it looks like its attached to the poly reservation, which is the last half of our stay. I don't know if that makes a difference...

If you ordered your MagicBand+ through your reservation, how long did you wait to receive it??
Ordered the morning they came out and received it yesterday, it was through my AP

Even if mine ship today (or if somehow they shipped yesterday but nothing updated), I'm in Brooklyn. NY and leave on Friday. My history with OSM is that it will likely go and sit somewhere in PA for about 5 days before moving, so it would arrive once I'm home. Bottom line is if it IS shipped but doesn't arrive before I leave, I'll be escalating it. It's not my fault they couldn't ship it as promised - and they should know that most people will be leaving before their Disney arrival day.
Try emailing guest.services@shopdisney.com

I’m sorry yours haven’t shipped.

As to the theory they’re shipping AP and not resort stays, I’m a resort (hotel side) guest. I think it’s just luck. Or maybe what bands you ordered?

Try emailing guest.services@shopdisney.com

I’m sorry yours haven’t shipped.

As to the theory they’re shipping AP and not resort stays, I’m a resort (hotel side) guest. I think it’s just luck. Or maybe what bands you ordered?
I've seen quite a few post who have gotten their AP bands but don't have trips until after mine. That's why I was guessing they are doing AP ones first! I do have a friend who had both AP and resort, and AP shipped first too!

I've talked to two CM's and have been told they should arrive on time, so just impatiently waiting :)

I purchased the day they came out, also received zero email confirmation even though the confirmation page stated one would be coming soon. In MDE the order is pending. My credit card wasn't charged for the purchase yet, either. Not going until the end of Sept (hotel pick up).

I've seen quite a few post who have gotten their AP bands but don't have trips until after mine. That's why I was guessing they are doing AP ones first! I do have a friend who had both AP and resort, and AP shipped first too!

I've talked to two CM's and have been told they should arrive on time, so just impatiently waiting :)

Yep, I think APs are going out first too. I ordered an AP band for myself, then ordered them for our resort stay. My AP shipped last week, tracking says it’s in our regional office. Resort stay ones are in process. DS had the same experience, AP shipped, resort stay ones in process.

Ours shipped from Florida on Thursday and arrived in Connecticut today(Monday). Too bad we arrived at Disney 2 days ago. The Polynesian said we couldn’t get a refund because they had already shipped. They credited our room $45 per person so we could buy new ones here. I’m still sending an email to complain.

I get too nervous about receiving the bands on time. I like to buy them in person. I hate how Disney phases out the older bands so you have to buy new ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter