Major airlines seek authorization to suspend service to some cities

shoreward

DIS Veteran
The cities include some major hubs, as well as smaller airports. The airlines currently seeking approval include JetBlue, Delta, and Spirit. The suspensions could last as long as 09/30/2020.

Frontier and United previously submitted requests to suspend service at some airports.

Check to see if your upcoming flights might be affected, whether for direct or connecting itineraries.

JetBlue, Delta seek U.S. OK to suspend flights to 25 U.S. airports

Last edited:
Jet Blue is suspending service from Newburgh, Ny, I believe until June 30th (at least at this point). We're leaving in Aug, and it still shows available. I have a feeling, we might book at Newburgh, then might get changed to one of the larger airports-which would stink, since we're about 10 minutes from Stewart airport-beats going to Newark or the city!

Honestly I'm surprised they aren't doing more multi-stop flights at this point. It's no secret that there aren't many people on these flights. It doesn't make any sense to launch three flights within the same time period to places like Alexandria, Monroe and Lafayette when you could just launch one to stop at all 3.

The cities include some major hubs, as well as smaller airports. The airlines currently seeking approval include JetBlue, Delta, and Spirit. The suspensions could last as long as 09/30/2020.

Frontier and United previously submitted requests to suspend service at some airports.

Check to see if your upcoming flights might be affected, whether for direct or connecting itineraries.

Airlines seek authorization to suspend service to some cities
The link doesn't work.

Jet Blue is suspending service from Newburgh, Ny, I believe until June 30th (at least at this point). We're leaving in Aug, and it still shows available. I have a feeling, we might book at Newburgh, then might get changed to one of the larger airports-which would stink, since we're about 10 minutes from Stewart airport-beats going to Newark or the city!
"combining" is exactly what they are doing.
They are suspending flights where there is another airport close by.
You will be moved to JFK is the suspension isn't lifted after 6/30 (or your flight date)
http://blog.jetblue.com/travelnotices/

"IF" Delta stops flights in Flint(FNT) through September 30,2020 and asking customers to uses a different airport that would be either Saginaw Bay, Grand Rapids, Detroit?. Or are they cutting back in Saginaw or Grand Rapids ? and having us use Detroit Metro Airport??

We fly out of Newburg too - we like the parking there better than White Plains,NY
We will not fly till April 2021 - I hope it is back in Newburg,NY

Beginning Tuesday, March 24, Florida issued an Executive Order for all customers who depart from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to self-quarantine for 14 days after arriving into Florida. - on the JetBlue website

So we can not go to WDW in 2020 - we are from NY
Our vacation would be 21 days!
We do not have 21 vacation days - or the money to stay in a hotel for 14 days and food for 14 days - plus our 1 week of joy in WDW

I am so glad we moved our WDW to April 2021

Beginning Tuesday, March 24, Florida issued an Executive Order for all customers who depart from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to self-quarantine for 14 days after arriving into Florida. - on the JetBlue website

We do not have 21 vacation days - or the money to stay in a hotel for 14 days and food for 14 days - plus our 1 week of joy in WDW

Wouldn't people just fly into Atlanta and drive the rest of the way to avoid the 14 day quarantine?

The order can be rescinded at any time or if not, still be in effect in Apr 2021. I doubt that it last months and months though.

The order can be rescinded at any time or if not, still be in effect in Apr 2021. I doubt that it last months and months though.

Same here - from NYC - trip not until july, but I don't see this restriction lifted anytime soon, so think it's time to cancel :((

Honestly I'm surprised they aren't doing more multi-stop flights at this point. It's no secret that there aren't many people on these flights. It doesn't make any sense to launch three flights within the same time period to places like Alexandria, Monroe and Lafayette when you could just launch one to stop at all 3.

It's funny you mention these airports. I fly out of Monroe, La. and am scheduled for Disney June 6-12. United has changed their schedule to one in and one out 4 days per week with no flights the other 3 days. American has one in and one out 7 days / week. Delta - which we are flying - has 4 ins and 3 outs each day. Having said that, there's no way I'm driving 2 hours away (minimum) to fly somewhere.
These are airports that only fly 50 seat regional jets. For United to launch one to all 3 would mean using a 737 from Monroe to Alex to Lafayette and then to Houston to change planes. Every duration would then become a minimum of 8 hours with some up to 12 hours. Airline tickets from these airports - during normal times - average around $400+ per ticket to Orlando.

I'm working on the assumption that if FL is in Phase 2 or 3, and Disney is open, the quarantine will be lifted - unless it's part of the plan to lower attendance at Disney.

It's funny you mention these airports. I fly out of Monroe, La. and am scheduled for Disney June 6-12. United has changed their schedule to one in and one out 4 days per week with no flights the other 3 days. American has one in and one out 7 days / week. Delta - which we are flying - has 4 ins and 3 outs each day. Having said that, there's no way I'm driving 2 hours away (minimum) to fly somewhere.
These are airports that only fly 50 seat regional jets. For United to launch one to all 3 would mean using a 737 from Monroe to Alex to Lafayette and then to Houston to change planes. Every duration would then become a minimum of 8 hours with some up to 12 hours. Airline tickets from these airports - during normal times - average around $400+ per ticket to Orlando.

These planes are all empty. They could probably get away with a a CRJ200 to all three and still have social distancing. Heck, you could even just upgrade it to a CRJ700 and call it a day. Delta Lafayette was 717 service last month.

We are flying out of LGA by Delta in mid August and our flights are still there, but strange thing the other day the 2 flight numbers were completely changed. The flights were the same exact time frame, our seats were the same, but the flight numbers were different. :confused3

We fly out of MLU also. Our vacation was May 23-29 but the flight from Monroe got canceled (leaving the DFW leg) and we did not get an email, but my OCD self checks flights daily and that is how i found out. That flight was United. We are now booked on American Airlines for September. The cost pp is $250ish for main cabin. We normally fly Delta and if just the hubs and I then we fly FC since it is not much of an upcharge.

I think the travel restrictions will relax in the coming weeks/months and so flights will increase from MLU but I am also sure the cost will go up also. We budget $400 pp for flights each trip and if they are less it is a great surprise.

Uh oh. Got some family flying into/out of Green Bay this summer which is on United's list. I'll have to check their flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter